Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
putting these on my maverick xrs... just looking for opinions on whether this set-up will work ok or not. im very new to this, so i apologize for sounding ignorant! just really like the look, but i also would like a quality set-up and ride. i have read that only giving these around 7# psi is the way to go. im in the tulsa,ok area and plan to ride in a variety of areas including: sand, dirt, mud, rocks and just about anything my nerves will allow me to try! thanks for any help/opinions!!! MSA-M20-Kore-and-EFX-MotoMTC-271.jpg

·
Registered
468 Posts
Looks like a good all around tire. I have those same wheels in 14" . They are sick as hell. Theres actually a few pics floating around on the net of a Maverick with that set up. Looks really good . Congrats on ur purchase and read through the forum here. Theres some good info here to head off potential issues. And just good general knowledge on ur machine .

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Something to consider is the larger the wheel, the heavier it is cause metal weights more than rubber. Larger wheels also have less flotation and are more susceptible to sidewall pinches.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Bigger wheels = more issues, stiffer ride, tires popping off wheel, minimal sidewall so the rim isn't protected, etc. It will look great & work well on the street but that's about it. Just my experience.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
when i see big wheels and tires i like them they look awesome dont get me wrong but also i see clutch, axle, diff problems, less power, more stain on motor, steering is harder, tie rods bend easier,

but hey it looks cool and prolly muds good !

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
X2 on what Glamisfan & Benzo said

1 - 6 of 6 Posts