Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
i didnt know april first came early sound like the dealer is talkin out his .....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Even if the Maverick is a bust I'd just stick with the Commander over the XP. The multiple XPs I mud ride with only seem to have two modes. Awesome and broken. Not always in the order.

·
Registered
32 Posts
i wouldnt run a sport sxs throught the mud anyhow. i wont go mudung with my buddy's who have razr's because i got tired of being the only one on the other side winching and towing them through. i had a camo 1000 on 28 silverbacks just sold it though

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
that sounds a little u know!

thats like me sayin, i wont go hill climbing with my buddies who have commanders cause im the only 1 on top..:serious:

·
Registered
32 Posts
i wont i was ready to wrap the winch line around his throat, mind you it was an razr s, and another time i had to tow a water logged 50" razr through a swamp because it threw the rod out the side of the block. never again cause the commander is sold and i'm gunna stick to quads for the time being

·
Registered
477 Posts
i wont i was ready to wrap the winch line around his throat, mind you it was an razr s, and another time i had to tow a water logged 50" razr through a swamp because it threw the rod out the side of the block. never again cause the commander is sold and i'm gunna stick to quads for the time being
My 09 S spit a rod out the side of my Block. That Stunk but I have to give it up for my Dealer They fixed it under warranty.....KUDOS to great dealers

·
Registered
91 Posts
I seems to me that Polaris stands behind their warranty a LOT better than Can Am does. There are a LOT of us with 2012 Can Renegades and Outlanders with broke frames and all Can Am is willing to do is bolt a brace on the side of it. The frames are still broke and they will NOT replace them. What a load of crap! They were breaking so bad they incorporated the brace on the 2013 models to help prevent them from breaking. That makes me really gun shy of anything Can Am comes out with the first year. Evidently they have their grandmothers doing the field testing.

Now that I have that off my chest, I hope the Mavrick is more trail friendly than the Commander (aka the lawn dart). The Rotax motors are really great so they have something to build off of. They just need to get rid of the throttle by wire and have the motor behind the seats and get rid of the Visco Lock. That would be a good start. I guess we will find out later today.

·
Registered
32 Posts
the same twenty guys on a forum does not mean there is lots of broken frames. mines been to hell and back no issues. my old mans wiped out his rene pretty bad and bent the top of the shock tower down still not cracked...i'm getting tired of this cracked frame thing they will replace the frame if the crack gets worse for the next SEVEN YEARS regardless if the brace was installed or not
if you have an issue with the brace then spend an evening in your shop or a buddy's and weld it up. everybody enjoys an excuse to drink a few beers.
and i've nothing bad to say about brp's warrenty, 3/4 of the shocks on my xrs, all the shocks on my ds plus the exhuast cam and buckets because the decompresser wore down, they also good willed me an updated set of case halves after i busted the back motor mount over a year after my warrenty expired.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts