Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw this from a local dealer. I wonder if somebody slipped up and posted it a week early? I hope that price isn't too accurate. More importantly I wonder if the Maverick will have the same 1500cc motor (if this is even true).

·
Registered
67 Posts
A "work/utility" UTV doesnt need 1500cc's and certainly is not worth $25,000. Nice try dealer guy!

Now a 4 seat, 18 inch wheel travel, 1500cc 150+ hp Maverick, I could possibly see carrying such a price tag. This is just a prank.

·
Registered
16 Posts
A "work/utility" UTV doesnt need 1500cc's and certainly is not worth $25,000. Nice try dealer guy!

Now a 4 seat, 18 inch wheel travel, 1500cc 150+ hp Maverick, I could possibly see carrying such a price tag. This is just a prank.
if it was all about need I think we would all be driving kubota and 250 big reds. but at 25 grand I don't think they woudl sell many either.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
i just saw this from a local dealer. I wonder if somebody slipped up and posted it a week early? I hope that price isn't too accurate. More importantly i wonder if the maverick will have the same 1500cc motor (if this is even true).

all i can say is if that is true, 1500cc 4 seater -----the monster is loose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Total domination on the sxs market, those with xp. Well i do feel sorry for them as the used xp market will plummet!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if it was all about need I think we would all be driving kubota and 250 big reds.
Aint that the truth. I bought the commander over the rzr for many reasons, the bed space being one. I haven't done one bit of work with mine yet. Every time I do some actual work I use the ole Kubota. She isn't the fastest, but that hydraulic dump bed sure is the bee's knees. lol.

·
Registered
477 Posts
all i can say is if that is true, 1500cc 4 seater -----the monster is loose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Total domination on the sxs market, those with xp. Well i do feel sorry for them as the used xp market will plummet!
A lot of it depends on the price, and how the Can Am is accessorized. Its easy to get 20 grand + in an XP.If the Can Am lets loose a 1500cc Beast in the sports market, I would hate to be holding an XP. ESp if its priced under 18 grand with that many ponies.Which I,m sure PoPo will ane up with there version but that kills the value of outdated SXS even more. Positive about the XP trail riders really dont need anymore ponies just a narrower stance. If can am puts out a 60 " sxs with 105 horses that would be AWESOME!!!!!

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
u guys seem real worried about the xp!! xp this xp that, the new mav better beat the xp now, or u will look real dumb..

with that being said the commander resale will be worthless also, but there is so many xp's out there and in the dunes that i think the ppl with regular rzr's will upgrade to the xp for cheaper...for now maybe lol

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
u guys seem real worried about the xp!! xp this xp that, the new mav better beat the xp now, or u will look real dumb..

with that being said the commander resale will be worthless also, but there is so many xp's out there and in the dunes that i think the ppl with regular rzr's will upgrade to the xp for cheaper...for now maybe lol
If the Maverick doesn't live up to the hype, then my next bike will be an xp.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Unfortunately I have to agree with this, if the maverick doesn't seem suited to trails I will be riding an XP next summer too.
If it's at least close I would easily be swayed to can am just because I am a fan, but if it is 65+ inches with a long wheel base I think i will have to pass on it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Unfortunately I have to agree with this, if the maverick doesn't seem suited to trails I will be riding an XP next summer too.
If it's at least close I would easily be swayed to can am just because I am a fan, but if it is 65+ inches with a long wheel base I think i will have to pass on it.
X2. Or SXS

·
Registered
72 Posts
Lets just say this dealer has relied on his psychic who did not have an accurate reading on this one. But rest assured the current XP is no competitor to the new model at all........... 100% hold off on any xp purchases!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Lets just say this dealer has relied on his psychic who did not have an accurate reading on this one. But rest assured the current XP is no competitor to the new model at all........... 100% hold off on any xp purchases!
No competition at all, that's what I like to hear!
Now lets just hope it is not overly big.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
now when your talkin "no competitor" are we talkin just drag racing or u talkin in everyway....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Doubt it. lol.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts