Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving my maverick this weekend and developed a small exhaust leak. I eventually got a check engine light but it didn’t seem to affect performance. I was a ways from where we were camping and drove through some water about even with the floor and shut the machine off to talk to other guys I was riding with. I went to start the machine and it wouldn’t fire. Got a tow back to camp and figured I got water in the exhaust, which I did. Took the exhaust off and got all the water out. Took spark plugs out and crank it over to make sure there was no water in the cylinders, which there was not. Still has a check engine light and will not fire. Found out a procedure to check active codes which I did and got a message across my dashboard that said no active codes, even though the check engine light is on. Pulled a plug and grounded it While cranking the machine over and getting no spark. Will a check engine light cause the machine not to fire? Even though it says there is no active codes?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Where is the exhaust leak ? How did you get water in the exhaust while under power and in shallow water ?
Did you find a crack in the rear cylinder exhaust header ?
What sxs,atv,buggy, mav do you have ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where is the exhaust leak ? How did you get water in the exhaust while under power and in shallow water ?
Did you find a crack in the rear cylinder exhaust header ?
What sxs,atv,buggy, mav do you have ?
Did not find a crack in the rear header. I shut the machine down in rocker deep water so I could hear what my riding partners were saying. It’s a 2015 maverick XDS 1000 turbo r.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UPDATE....the Mav runs again. Ended up being a blown fuel pump fuse , thanks DizzleDog1.
I thought there was no spark but I guess the frame where I was grounding the plug while cranking was not grounded.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did not find a crack in the rear header. I shut the machine down in rocker deep water so I could hear what my riding partners were saying. It’s a 2015 maverick XDS 1000 turbo r.
Come to find out the rear header was cracked… I just couldn’t see it underneath the titanium wrap I put on.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Told ya so :). The wrap held it together , it would have broken all the way soon . Buy an HMF replacement instead of oem .....way better quality , big difference ... You’ll just break another oem

1 - 8 of 8 Posts