Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased the PowerVision CX Tuner with a stage 1 NIC tune from Andy @ Pwrtune for my 2018 X3 XRC. I have the 64" 120 HP model and decided it was time for a little more power haha. I did a lot of research and decided that for what I was wanting and for the price that they are still selling their tune+tuners for, I couldn't really pass it up. My machine is totally stock other than a tire swap, (switched out the Liberty's for some Maxxis Roxxzilla's) and I tuned the suspension to Fox's recommended settings. So, back to the tune....long story short, I saw where pwrtune had a tune for a NIC, (non-intercooled) 120hp machine and decided that would work perfect for me, especially considering the current price. There were 3 options of the NIC tunes, that being stage 1,2, or 3. The only differences being a stage 1 is for a totally stock machine, stage 2 having a slip-on exhaust or cat delete, and a stage 3 for a full exhaust + cat delete. The gains range from the stage 1 adding 19-20 hp to the rear wheels, stage 2 adding around 24-25 hp, and stage 3 adding around 27 hp. I opted for the stage 1 bc I don't plan on doing too much to the engine or exhaust, and its supposed to work great with the stock clutching. I just took it out on it's first ride with the new tune and I can say that it feels great. I didn't get a chance to play with it after flashing it about a week ago due to crappy weather and my schedule. I went with some friends to a DNR park a few days ago with about 3,500 acres worth of quality UTV trails and was super impressed with the new changes. The machine was already badass but now it feels more refined and is very snappy. Not sure what the factory boost was before, but on a good straight stretch, I had no problem making 15 lbs. of boost and this thing hauls ass. I raced, (drug) an N/A RZR 1000 XP several times with no effort. That's not really an apple to apple comparison, but from a 30 roll, the RC left that dude like he was sitting still. I did have the speed limiters removed, raised the rpm to 8,600, and opted for the sport low in the tune. So all in all, 10/10 would definitely recommend and buy again. Didn't know a simple tune would bring this thing to life. Changing the tires from Liberty's to Roxxzilla's did give it a little different handling and it certainly has more bite, but the tune made a big difference. Just wanted to throw this out there, in case some one like myself was curious about a tune or tuner for the 120 HP machines. I know there are several companies that have tunes and upgrades for the 120 hp X3's, but I feel that the Pwrtune is one of the simplest in that they don't require an intercooler upgrade and they are or were still on sale for a damn good price. Side note......regarding the Roxxzilla's......they are badass. Definitely gonna stick with them.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Thanks for the information. I also have the 120HP version and am considering a cat delete at this point. Glad to hear it was a noticeable improvement. Yes, these things are badass for sure and knowing they have some room to grow is great.

·
Registered
70 Posts
That is great. I need to bump the HP a little on mine . I cant decide where to start. so many options for the mavericks. I really want to do the atmosphere waste gate. Maybe I will start there. Then do my cat delete. Cool thread.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Just picked up a 120 hp RC last week. Have the Pwrtune stage 1 ready to install also. Been adding parts everyday and hope to put some miles on next week.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was trying to post a pic of mine in here but I haven't been able to show or see pics in several days. Not sure what the issue is.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Yep I put the nic stage 2 from Andy on my base model and it rips, top speed basically went from 74 to 92 ��

That pretty damn fast...The best I can do on top end with my stage1 tuned with intake X3 Xds is 93-94 mph.....my 15 Mav turbo with stage1 tune

I was at 91mph top speed so what you're getting is about right as my 15 Mav started out at 121hp stock same as your base XRC.

·
Premium Member
7,546 Posts
That is great. I need to bump the HP a little on mine . I cant decide where to start. so many options for the mavericks. I really want to do the atmosphere waste gate. Maybe I will start there. Then do my cat delete. Cool thread.
Who makes the wastegate that opens to atmosphere? That would be loud and probably a fire hazard.

·
Registered
268 Posts
i would like to know what power the tuner adds from dyno jet. the unit is 379$ and they have a slew of tunes. i much rather go that route and not pay an extra 200$ for another company tune if not needed.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I’m running the Pwrtune stg 3 nic on the DynoJet and it rips. I’d imagine the canned tune is more conservative.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Aftermarket Assassin stage 1 here with the Dynojet box. Ripping here also. It’s enough for me................ at the moment. Lol. I also purchased stage 2&3 at the same time and it was $50 a tune. I will no doubt use them in the future. I love that you can record data and look at it later on your PC, very good data collected. I’m very happy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
268 Posts
I'm more wondering about tunes available from dynojet that you don't have to pay extra for. You guys are all running after another companies tunes added to your dyno jet tuner.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
I'm more wondering about tunes available from dynojet that you don't have to pay extra for. You guys are all running after another companies tunes added to your dyno jet tuner.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
The Dynojet tune is more conservative than a custom tune but if your not chasing the highest horse power buy the Power Vision and if your not satisfied then buy a tune. The Dynojet Power Vision is nice a tool for reading codes and resetting them with the option of numerous tuners that can provide a custom tune.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Proutvparts.com ,PwrTune and Aftermarket Assassins is venders on here but there is numerous places to but Power Commander ,Power Vision products. If you are going to purchase one with a custom tune I would suggest purchasing the tuner from the company who you want a tune from primarily for support .

·
Registered
45 Posts
So are there 120 tunes and also intercooler tune already loaded on the tuner or do you need to download them from Dynojet?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts