Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my new XRS today. Brought it home, took a few laps around the property. Primary clutch explodes. Looks like clutch bolt failed.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Do you have your paperwork from when you bought it? I'm real curious.. mine is # 0019 and I just got it...

·
Registered
179 Posts
That clutch looks bad!!!... I do surplus deals too... I will hit u up on PM if I get another one.. Last one was PEP Boys new stuff.. Mostly truck accys'... Good luck getting the clutch fixed and keep us posted on how the warranty goes...

Myron

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Don't worry about it! Just carry an extra belt and you'll be fine! Can Am already has a fix for this! Bla bla bla......................

·
Registered
179 Posts
A belt isnt going to fix that!!!... Last time I saw damage like that it was my 78 CJ7 with a SBC in it.. Blew the tranny to bits.. broke the bell housing all the way around.. Took out the cross member and the whole mess fell on the gound..

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Take pic of the other side of bolt how many washers on it ?

Sent from my maverick using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Take pic of the other side of bolt how many washers on it ?

Will be interesting to see..

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Ya I'm hoping he hasn't had
The recall yet lol

·
Registered
964 Posts
I never heard of the primary problems on the Commander. Seems weird that these are failing like this. Hopefully it's the ones under the recall only.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts