Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got mine back from the dealer for the upgrade and I am now ready to do my 10HR service myself, any helpful hints?

1- CARTRIDGE OF ROYAL PURPLE GREASE
3- BOTTLES OF 5W-40 ROYAL PURPLE OIL
2- BOTTLE OF 75W-90 ROYAL PURPLE GEAR OIL
1- BOTTLE OF 75W-140 ROYAL PURPLE GEAR OIL
1- K&N OIL FILTER
1- OIL FILTER O-RING
1- DRAIN PLUG SEAL
Product Purple Violet Material property Spray

· Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My 10hr service including adjusting valves is done now for the verdict it is not hard to do it just takes a long time. To start with I removed all engine plastic and both skid plates. Couple of things you’re going to get oil everyway so be prepared for that, also there are some special tools you will need to do the job. First you will need a stubby 14mm allen socket; I got mine from snap on $18. Second you are going to need two other allen wrenches a 5mm and a not so common 4.5mm, also an angled flat head screwdriver or a very very short stubby one. And last but not necessary is plastic rivet pliers however well worth the $8 at harbor freight along with your basic metric hand tools your all set. Diagonal pliers Pliers Wire stripper Tool Metalworking hand tool

· Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Did you see the second grease zerk on the front drive shaft right in front of the engine, There is three total on the front shaft, right behind the u-joint is a hidden one with a rubber boot covering it I missed it at first. Oh and also they recommend you clean the vehicle speed sensor mine was really dirty, so don't forget that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.