Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just talked to the service manager who also races in a utv class at a local dealer about the 10 hr service. He told me to save my $ and do it myself. He said that can am says you no longer need to re torque the head and he says that they have never come a cross valves that needed ajusted till much later the 10 hr. he says the most important thing it changing the fluids. What everyone 2 cents on this

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
where is this speed sensor people say to clean and do we need to and what do u guys clean it with ?

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
There's a checklist and the recommended equivalent oils in the owners manual in your glove box. I got Mobile 1 at Pepboys.

·
Registered
81 Posts
What was the key to working with the rear differential draing plug? could they have made it any more diffucult?

·
Registered
649 Posts
I just did my front diff today and it was perfect clean at 20 hrs..... I'm debating on weather this needs done at all rite now? I'll be using 5-40 rotella full syn... And Mobil one for diffs-and tranny

I too don't understand why there is no drain hole on the very bottom of rear diff....Instead it's a total bitch to get to....

I don't think valves need adjusted for more hrs. Seems the last 6 Commanders I checked needed no adj until many more hrs?

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
................. I'll be using 5-40 rotella full syn... And Mobil one for diffs-and tranny

I too don't understand why there is no drain hole on the very bottom of rear diff....Instead it's a total bitch to get to....

I don't think valves need adjusted for more hrs. Seems the last 6 Commanders I checked needed no adj until many more hrs?
Is that the Rotella 6 in dark blue jug?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts