Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have a 2013 xrs and my buddy has one also, all set up identical, air pressure in tires, everything!!! after the 10 hr break in we have raced multiple times, mine always has been faster by at least two lengths. we have not been able to find the difference, switched drivers, put on new belts, tried everything, mine is quicker by 2 lengths EVERY time- until today... noticed one thing- he had never reset his maintenance required indicator on the computer/dash. I did reset mine right when i did my service, he had never reset his.... today i noticed this, got out the owners manual and reset his service indicator. we raced again and it was a different outcome- his is now as quick if not 1/2 a car quicker than mine... weird? could they really be limited until the 10 hr break in? and is it all in the computer by reseting it? i also bought a 2014 xrs which now has about 8 hrs on it, i have not done the 10 hr service yet since its not required yet of course... but the point is my 2014 was a dead even race against my buddy's 2013 and both were slower that my 2013 by two lengths until he reset his indicator. now, again, his 2013 runs dead even with my 2013 and both will pull my 2014 that has not been reset...

just thought i would share this and see if anyone else has found similar results?

on a side note i have a customer's rzr xp 900 here that is stock right now, on asphalt the maverick's - all three of them will pull away steadily all the way through 0-75mph... i am fixing to install a alba sbd kit on the rzr and will race again.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
good info ,

race the 14 when u reset the light and see what happens , but there has been talk bout it for months if there really was a 10 hour break in program or something already in the ecu

they pull some timing out I think

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good info ,

race the 14 when u reset the light and see what happens , but there has been talk bout it for months if there really was a 10 hour break in program or something already in the ecu

they pull some timing out I think
i sure plan to race them again after i get 10 hrs on the 14 and i will reset the indicator... i am hoping that i am on to something here because i will be pissed if my 13 stays faster than my 14 lol

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
lol right on man keep us posted, cant wait for results, !

·
Registered
109 Posts
What did you have to do to reset the maint now light?

·
Vendor
6,221 Posts
This blows my mind. I have 23 hours on my Maverick and I haven't reset the light. I got beat off the win last race by a XP900. Ill have to reset it and see what it does.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
This blows my mind. I have 23 hours on my Maverick and I haven't reset the light. I got beat off the win last race by a XP900. Ill have to reset it and see what it does.
why wouldn't u reset after u did the work , lol computers nowadays holding ur power back lol

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
It's in your owners manual on how to do it.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I honestly didn't think it would hold it back. Now I feel like a dumbass for not resetting it.
to bad u couldn't race same xp and see how it does with light reset , lol

I thought mine burnt out more after my service, lol

·
Vendor
6,221 Posts
to bad u couldn't race same xp and see how it does with light reset , lol

I thought mine burnt out more after my service, lol
I can, he's another racer and a friend.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
So that power chip story may have some truth too it after all. I actually thought something change on my Maverick after I did my 10 hour service. I went to move my maverick in my garage so I gave it a little gas and hit my garbage can trying to maneuver around it because the gas pedal was more touchy than I recall. I haven't been able to take it for a real ride yet so I can't say for sure there is a power difference.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Humm interesting I know the sleds are locked until it gets so many hrs and miles the computer automatically resets and they are faster and get better mph. Would make sense to do this cause of warranty claims. A lot of guys buy them and hammer them right out of the box. I know honda two stroke dirt bikes are jetted super rich when you buy them to keep you from blowing them up. By the time you figure it its pretty much broke in. Lol I had to call honda and finally got someone at honda of America to tell me they did it for that reason. So I would not put it past can am to tune them down until 10hrs only helps them in the long run and us.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
It's tricky. I personally haven't done it but I hear it can be kind of a pain in the arse. I'll try mine tomorrow and post back

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
photo-8.JPG photo-9.JPG
I have done the steps a 100 times - it will not rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
it seems there is two procedures in the owners manual, the reason my buddy never reset his light was like you it wouldn't work, on page one of the maintenance section of the owners manual right where there is a spot to sign for the 10 hr service there is a procedure and it worked... a few pages later after the maintenance procedures there is another way to reset it.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
i did a lot of calling and research before buying the maverick, everyone i talked to said that the rzr is a heads up run with the maverick. up here in alaska the mavericks that i own and ride with blow the doors off of the xp's in a drag race. not sure what the difference would be. i have raced several rzr xp 900's and beat them off the line and steadily pull away. i will video the results of the rzr vs maverick after i install the alba cams in this rzr i am working on. the only thing i can think that might be different is the maverick's have knock sensor's and require 90 octane fuel right? well do you guys have ethanol in your fuel? we do not... we have regular old 90 octane premium unleaded.

·
Vendor
6,221 Posts
perfect let us know,
u sure he don't have no alba goodies ? lol
He has cams, I know that. I don't know if they're alba or not. At 30mph + I can out power him, off the line not so much. Remember I'm trying to get 30" tires spinning and he's on 27s

1 - 20 of 86 Posts