Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I know 100LL has a high lead content and shouldn't be used in vehicles with a Catalytic Converter. (Stock Maverick Has one) Will the high lead content also foul up O2 sensors or other items in the EFI setup?

Only reason I ask is that
I run 100LL in my Banshee along with 5deg of timing advance... Runs like a champ and has so for 3+ years... Also run in it my other carbureted toys too. As it stores really well and is way less than race fuel.

·
Registered
684 Posts
you know what else is way cheaper than race fuel?
ethanol free super unleaded.
it is all you need to run unless you have a high compression motor.
are you going to mill your heads?
are you going to change out your pistons?

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
we do have hi comp heads but 91 octane is hi enough , lol

we are 12-1

·
Registered
221 Posts
So I know 100LL has a high lead content and shouldn't be used in vehicles with a Catalytic Converter. (Stock Maverick Has one) Will the high lead content also foul up O2 sensors or other items in the EFI setup?

Only reason I ask is that
I run 100LL in my Banshee along with 5deg of timing advance... Runs like a champ and has so for 3+ years... Also run in it my other carbureted toys too. As it stores really well and is way less than race fuel.
The lead builds up on the sensoring element in the o2s and causes them to foul out. in the cat it builds up causing heat and can actually start to melt the insides on the cat. VP , Sonoco , and Torco Make Lead free race fuels. the work good. i run VP110 in mine at a 50/50 mix with 91 just to make it affordable. And yes the maverick is a high Comp motor from the box

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
The lead builds up on the sensoring element in the o2s and causes them to foul out. in the cat it builds up causing heat and can actually start to melt the insides on the cat. VP , Sonoco , and Torco Make Lead free race fuels. the work good. i run VP110 in mine at a 50/50 mix with 91 just to make it affordable. And yes the maverick is a high Comp motor from the box
Do you notice any difference with the 50/50 mix?
No sensor lights coem on?
How long have you been running the mix?

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
91 is not race fuel lol
never said it was, said its all we need, the computer is set up for max performance with 91 octane as are the knock sensors to

anything more and ur pissing your money away , but if it makes people feel better have at it, lol

·
Registered
292 Posts
If the engine is not spark knocking you don't need higher octane but a ethanol free unleaded gas would be better. To high octane can actually rob HP.

Reactions: Henry427

·
Registered
221 Posts
Do you notice any difference with the 50/50 mix?
No sensor lights coem on?
How long have you been running the mix?
I run unleaded VP110, so no i do not have any lights on. i like it. it feels alittle more peppy and runs a tiny tad bit cooler on warm days. i tryed straight 110 and ran great but that was alittle expensive haha

·
Registered
221 Posts
u shouldnt run anything higher than 110 unless u have a motor with more than 13.5 to 1 comp ratio.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I run unleaded VP110, so no i do not have any lights on. i like it. it feels alittle more peppy and runs a tiny tad bit cooler on warm days. i tryed straight 110 and ran great but that was alittle expensive haha
No offense but the faster feeling was in your head. That will not change any gains on a stock motor that is not built to run on race gas . That's like saying you put a turbo on and run 0 boost and it feels like a rocket

·
Registered
221 Posts
No offense but the faster feeling was in your head. That will not change any gains on a stock motor that is not built to run on race gas . That's like saying you put a turbo on and run 0 boost and it feels like a rocket
I never said it would make u faster. I was referring to throttle response.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts