Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was quoted $350.00 when we bought it and went to pick it up today and I said how much? He said it will be $228.00!! Was defiantly surprised.:smile:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hey Andy did you hear that? Guess we will be heading to Montana tomorrow :money: It's expensive here in So Cal!!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will do it from now on but just wanted to get the first one done by the dealer so it’s in the book. All the fluids were changed and whatever else it needed. Really can’t beat that price for the 10hr.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I took mine in and got the same deal, except that they didn't do the service, they changed the oil and put plugs in it. when I took it back and chewed on their ass the mechanic admitted he didn't do the service, so I sat there and watched them do it the second time.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
IMHO, most dealers do not do every task that is called for on the 10 hour service in your owners manual. The only way you will know for sure is if you actually watch them do the service. Unless you know the service guy personally, I wouldn't trust them to perform all the tasks documented in the owners manual. Too easy for them to cheat you out of many of the checks and retorquing of the bolts. The only evidence of service you could truly detect is the change of fluids and the reset of the service soon indicator.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
IMHO, most dealers do not do every task that is called for on the 10 hour service in your owners manual. The only way you will know for sure is if you actually watch them do the service. Unless you know the service guy personally, I wouldn't trust them to perform all the tasks documented in the owners manual. Too easy for them to cheat you out of many of the checks and retorquing of the bolts. The only evidence of service you could truly detect is the change of fluids and the reset of the service soon indicator.
You’re probable right that’s why I’ll do the next ones myself.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I would check your fluids to see if they changed them. usually you can look at your skids and see where they drained the oil or not. Also, did they check/adjust your valves and clean your speed sensor and grease all of the Zerk fittings?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
They did on mine. They also wanted an extra $180 to check the belt. Said I would pass.
Holy cow.....I would do it for half of that for you if I lived down there :wink: That's ridiculous if they were going to charge that much to just pull the cover since they all ready had to pull the interior panels to do the fluids....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Dealer in Irvine quoted me at $700 and said the difficult task is the valve adjustment or atleast accessing some of them.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Dealer in Irvine quoted me at $700 and said the difficult task is the valve adjustment or atleast accessing some of them.
if they have all of the interior panels off to do the fluids, pulling the valve covers is a 5 minute job and the valves are right there on top....

·
Registered
223 Posts
so what is all included in the 10 hr service?
debating on taking mine or just doing it myself
Off course fluids, but the labor intensive part is the valve checking / adjusting. My dealer's (whom I'm friends with since birth) service manager said about 25% of the Rotax motors require valve adjustments, hence the recommended "checking" from BRP. They also said to wait closer to 20 hours for the first service as very few motors show the need for adjusting at 10 hours, but more do at 20.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts