Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am finally going to take my maverick out this weekend heading on a trip. I am currently at 3 hours and like 3 miles and I am sure between Sat. and Sun. if all goes smooth I will probably surpass the 10 hours for the "break in" period. I don't want to cut my trip short because I hit 10 hours. Thoughts? honestly the first 3 hours I am surprised it must have done a lot of idling since I am only at 2-3 miles.

I know I will look into getting or doing the service once I get back, but curious how exact on 10 hours this is.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
It will come up on your gauges as a reminder but you can continue your riding. You wont need to cut your trip short.

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
Don't sweat it. Go ride and service it when you get back

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds good guys! I have owned this thing since the beginning of Dec. and this will be my first time out with it... It has been a long winter having it sitting, this weekend can't come soon enough!

·
Registered
156 Posts
hours will run up with just the key on ( so ive been told) so that is probably why your hours got that far ahead.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hours will run up with just the key on ( so ive been told) so that is probably why your hours got that far ahead.
That makes sense, and the couple times I had to move it, I let it warm up for 10mins because it was single digits outside.

·
Registered
53 Posts
My service light never came on. I took it in at 16 hours

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Ride, enjoy, but do get it serviced once you get back.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts