CVT cover bolt just spins
Can-Am Maverick Forum - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on CVT cover bolt just spins within the Maverick 15-16 XDS/XRS Non-Turbo forums, part of the Can-Am Maverick Forums category; Trying to remove my cover I have 2 bolts that just spin without unthreading. I intentionally drilled into one keeping it from spinning and it ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By nogd
  • 1 Post By zambo

Thread: CVT cover bolt just spins

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Trying to remove my cover I have 2 bolts that just spin without unthreading. I intentionally drilled into one keeping it from spinning and it worked. The other one isn't in the position I could get to so I thought ask the forum and see what ideas you have had success with. Thanks
    15 XDS Non Turbo. Mayhem Roof 8 speaker amped audio system with 40in curved front and 12in rear light bars, CTRaceworx Bumper, rock sliders, Viper winch, DEI Header pipe wrap, Fan over ride switch, 29in Green Ball Dirt Commander tires, Garage Products Bushings, KC Hi light brake lights, green led neon accents the Rogue mud shields wired to the high beams, 5 point harness, Razorbacks IR belt temp gauge, rear deck rack that holds my Rubbermade home made yeti cooler / tool box

Member #
    Liked
    153 times
    Can you apply pressure to it while trying to screw it out? Either with a panel tool or regular screwdriver.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
    Hollywood X3 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Negative, I had to drop my skid plate and drilled into the cover from underneath. I was able to get it off. Thanks for you suggestion.
    Now I’m not sure if I can run a longer bolt and nut or buy a new inner cover. Any idea on that ?
    Thanks

4. Remove Advertisements
    MaverickForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1017 times
    You're talking about the course threaded screws that go into the plastic housing? If they just spin, the hole must be completely hogged out and you should be able to just pry the cover off. Unless you need to make your cover waterproof I wouldn't even bother fixing it. You could probably fill the hole with epoxy and re-thread the screw in there though.
    HPnMORE4J likes this.
    Method Wheels, Tensor Tires, Baja Designs, Mer-Air-Terre Watches, Icarus Logistics, Keller ball joints, Maxima racing oil

Member #
    Liked
    153 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FIREDOG View Post
    Negative, I had to drop my skid plate and drilled into the cover from underneath. I was able to get it off. Thanks for you suggestion.
    Now Im not sure if I can run a longer bolt and nut or buy a new inner cover. Any idea on that ?
    Thanks
    Yes, option 1: Get a stick of ptex. Light it on fire like a candle and let it drop into the hole. Oil up the coarse threaded fastener and screw it in to the still soft ptex. Let it set and try screwing it out once cooled.
    Option 2: get a quick pin clutch cover kit, follow steps above and leave the pin in there. Or try jb weld

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links