Any thoughts on a noise on a 2014 xrs??
Can-Am Maverick Forum - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on Any thoughts on a noise on a 2014 xrs?? within the Maverick 15-16 XDS/XRS Non-Turbo forums, part of the Can-Am Maverick Forums category; My son has a 2014 xrs that has just aquired a popping noise toward the passenger rear.. I have jacked it up and tried to ...

Member #
    Liked
    122 times

My son has a 2014 xrs that has just aquired a popping noise toward the passenger rear.. I have jacked it up and tried to find it but haven't found anything wrong the wheel bearing seems fine and was recently greased, the CV has no movement nor do any suspension parts ect and the differential doesn't have any shavings in it and has new gear oil.. I have tried to get it to make the noise while on jack stands and it won't it only does it from time to time while driving it and sounds like a bad cv joint but the CV joints seem to be good and don't have any more movement than when they are brand new... anything I am missing?? It's driving me crazy I haven't been defeated by anything mechanical till now so any insight would be appreciated..

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    3978 times
    Usually a popping sound is a CV going. Can you take a video, and post it up? It's so hard "to guess" without hearing it ourselves.
    2017 X3 XRS, 2019 X3 XRS

November 2018 Maverick of the Month
    UTV Inc equipped twice with "EVERYTHING"!

Member #
    Liked
    122 times
    That's what it sounds like but it's hard to get a video because it only does it peordically maby 2 time's for 3or4 seconds in a 20 minute ride.. I make my son pay for his own things for his toys and his truck to instill good values of working for what he wants ( he's 16 ) if it were me I would just buy a new CV but hate to tell him to do that knowing what it's like at that age money wise and not be correct..

4. Remove Advertisements
    MaverickForums.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    1009 times
    I dont know about the older canams but does it have a rear sway bar that might be slapping / shifting sise to side or bushings , dont want to check the sway bar if you don't have 1 you might just grab a wheel and see if it moves sise to side or has any play in the bearings ? Hard to trouble shoot On the web.
    Life doesent get much better than eating taco’s down at scorpian bay ,baja sur
    2018 x3 xrs/ smart lok,rugged radios,baga design squadron pro’s,onyx6,afx alum. Lower doors,brp door handles, Evo c/d + tune, wet sounds elite 10, aim belt temp, + way too much to list need more $$ not close to being done

Member #
    Liked
    122 times
    I have checked everything except the bushings and I will as soon as I get a chance hopefully I can find it soon because we have a short family riding vacation coming up the first of next month and I would hate for something to break in the beginning and not have the parts to fix it

Member #
    Liked
    122 times
    Update...I finally had my son drag me around the yard until it started making the noise ( at slow speed hanging onto the bumper lol) and was placing my free hand on anything I thought it might be and lo and behold it was a CV after all it was the only thing I could feel the Poppin in so I changed both rear cv Axel's for good measure and it's now fixed.. that's what I originally thought but it only did it peordically so I wasn't sure anyway it's fixed

Sponsored Links