starting issue - Page 28
Can-Am Maverick Forum - Powered by vBulletin

starting issue

This is a discussion on starting issue within the Maverick 15-16 XDS/XRS Non-Turbo forums, part of the Can-Am Maverick Forums category; how is it a problem that needs to be fixed ?? a turbo xds starts slowly when warm...….how is it an issue ? unless the ...

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: starting issue

Pensacola, Florida and Newport Beach, California
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    how is it a problem that needs to be fixed ?? a turbo xds starts slowly when warm...….how is it an issue ? unless the 5 second delay compared to a cold start is taking time out of your day ! lol......sluggish start with a start 100% of the time isn't an issue....youre just holding the button a few seconds longer than when its cold......put a diesel truck starter and dual group 35 marine batteries in it if the 5 second sluggish start is killing you !

not starting is a problem....starting the same way each time is not a problem...…..I remember those old Honda's...a few other vehicles had the decompression button also
    2015 XDS TURBO
    MRRPM ecu reflash
    Trinity racing stage 5 full exhaust
    CT Race Worx full shock tune
    EVO silicone turbo hoses and BOV
    EVO cat delete
    Fully wrapped and coated exhaust
    Gorilla axles/rear
    Warrior Riser snorkels
    Alba Racing tie rods
    Alba Racing radius rods
    Alba Racing belt temp gauge
    Rouge Racing mesh hood/side panels
    Wild Boar front bumper
    Front and rear winches
    EMP Racing rear gusset/winch mount
    32 inch Terminators
    Highlifter arched a-arms
    Dragonfire intrusion bar
    Airdam clutch kit

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    The extra 5 seconds isn’t the problem. I also don’t think sluggish is the right word. Unless mine does something different than the others are. Mine cranks a partial rotation then stops for a couple seconds then cranks. If I could be gaurenteed that it will always start that would be fine. My fear is my battery will be a little low and it won’t be able to overcome the stalled spot.

I can’t lie it’s been doing all 3 years and still to this day if I stop somewhere on the trail, during restart I I have a small panic like oh shit

Pensacola, Florida and Newport Beach, California
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    yup, thats exactly how they start......by sluggish i meant that it doesnt spin the engine over quickly trying to start when its hot......its almost like something is wrong and then it starts....everytime......always carry a tiny little jump box, they only weigh 2-3 lbs

mine definitly hangs up when starting hot........so youve been panicking for three years ?? lol stop !
    BLR likes this.
    2015 XDS TURBO
    MRRPM ecu reflash
    Trinity racing stage 5 full exhaust
    CT Race Worx full shock tune
    EVO silicone turbo hoses and BOV
    EVO cat delete
    Fully wrapped and coated exhaust
    Gorilla axles/rear
    Warrior Riser snorkels
    Alba Racing tie rods
    Alba Racing radius rods
    Alba Racing belt temp gauge
    Rouge Racing mesh hood/side panels
    Wild Boar front bumper
    Front and rear winches
    EMP Racing rear gusset/winch mount
    32 inch Terminators
    Highlifter arched a-arms
    Dragonfire intrusion bar
    Airdam clutch kit

4. Remove Advertisements
    MaverickForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    I have been having the same type opf issue on 2018 Maverick trail 1000DPS. In January the dealer replaced the Fuel pump it ran good that day. a month later it started getting off the trailer, turned it off then it took about 10 minutes to get it started again. Took it back to the dealer, they replaced the Cam Sensor and distibuter. took it riding after picking it up ran for about 1/2 hour stopped for 5 minutes then it took another 10 minutes or so to get it to start again. The dealer says they are waiting on replies from CanAm for the next step in service.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I have installed the odyssey 935 under the drivers seat. fits nice with a brackets and a heat sinc to keep it cool. I run an isolator between both batteries. The odyssey powers the starter and winch. the stock battery powers the roof amped system and dual light bars and whips. After doing all of this..... I STILL HAVE SLOW ROLL AT START UP. LOL
    Its not the battery. I also went with a larger diameter battery cables. however I haven't needed a jump since the install. Knowing what I know now, I would just upgrade the battery and be done...
    Mudskipper likes this.
    15 XDS Non Turbo. Mayhem Roof 8 speaker amped audio system with 40in curved front and 12in rear light bars, CTRaceworx Bumper, rock sliders, Viper winch, DEI Header pipe wrap, Fan over ride switch, 29in Green Ball Dirt Commander tires, Garage Products Bushings, KC Hi light brake lights, green led neon accents the Rogue mud shields wired to the high beams, 5 point harness, Razorbacks IR belt temp gauge, rear deck rack that holds my Rubbermade home made yeti cooler / tool box

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Sponsored Links