Calling all cage chop pros - Help make my maverick max cage look less fugly
Can-Am Maverick Forum - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on Calling all cage chop pros - Help make my maverick max cage look less fugly within the Maverick Discussions forums, part of the Can-Am Maverick Forums category; The looks of my maverick max cage are starting to really bother me. Especially with some friends around me putting killer aftermarket cages on their ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By camshaw

Thread: Calling all cage chop pros - Help make my maverick max cage look less fugly

Member #
    Liked
    76 times

The looks of my maverick max cage are starting to really bother me. Especially with some friends around me putting killer aftermarket cages on their RZR's. Unfortunately my budget does not allow for an all new cage build, and it would be great to improve the looks while being able to keep the doors, roof, etc. that I already have.

I have searched for a while and seem to only find one thread showing the final result of someone chopping a max cage, but not much info or details provided. I would love to chop my max cage, dropping the rear down more than the front to try and get rid of the flinstone look and make the cage line more parallel. Hoping somebody else has gone down this path already so I don't have to try and re-invent the wheel. Has anybody here successfully pulled this off with a maverick max cage?

Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    you have to pull everything all apart to get to it, but the rear is raised up by a 1/4" bracket, you can cut it off and drop the cage in the c pillar that way, then the b pillar can be shortened and rewelded down by the bolt boss above the rocker panel..
    2016 maverick max turbo,owner built; cage,dropped seats,full size doors,shortened fenders,custom 20 g fuel tank,passenger side exhaust,relocated air filter,alba reflash,custom headpipe,1000cfm clutch cooling fan, 40" radius LED bar,razorback gauge,alba steering links,warlock coolaid paddles and buffs baby!

Senior Member green eggs and canned ham's Avatar
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    X2 any pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 xds max turbo

2008 yamaha rhino
    12k miles of fun

4. Remove Advertisements
    MaverickForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    I was going to do it so I pulled it all apart then i realized I wanted a much better design and more features so I canned that idea and built a different setup and dropped the seats and rear floors and cut the fenders etc and 86'd the rocker panel for full length doors....but there are a few guys who just cut out a few inches out of the verticals and dropped the tops,and there are a few who have cut the b and c pillar bottoms like i described too....pros and cons to both directions pull off the rear fenders and mid fender and rocker, u will see what Im describing needs to be done
    2016 maverick max turbo,owner built; cage,dropped seats,full size doors,shortened fenders,custom 20 g fuel tank,passenger side exhaust,relocated air filter,alba reflash,custom headpipe,1000cfm clutch cooling fan, 40" radius LED bar,razorback gauge,alba steering links,warlock coolaid paddles and buffs baby!

Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    I'm in the same boat. I need to lose 8" on the back of my max cage. I'm not convinced it's possible without making far too many cuts. it would be nice if you could just cut from the bottom and reattach the mounting brackets. I really can't afford throwing another 2 grand at this thing right now. I am hoping to take it with us this summer but it won't fit in the toy hauler. I'm not finding much info on this in any searches I've tried. I also live in a bad area for getting my mav to a builder. I seem to be 4+ hrs away from anything. Does anyone have any suggestions or helpful advice that I could possibly get away with for closer to 1k or less? I may just build my own cage. Slightly intimidated in taking on that task myself because I've never done any TIG welding. Thanks for any help provided!!!!

Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    I think u can get 4" out of the back and like 2 in the middle by just cutting the bottoms of the B and C pillar bars....problem with that is you still have all the other parts coming down with it and then stuff doesn't line up nicely like oem....once I tore it apart I just realized all the cutting and grinding wasnt worth it to me and redesigned it all to my likeing...11" in the back now and a stronger design with straight pillars and doors, going to be a much different car now with the CG alot lower, Im 6'5" and it fits awesome for me....but its a big project and Ive been busy workn...hopefully this summer i will finish it up for the next dune season...will post pics when Im done
    WTXSDR likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    I just installed some dragonfire doors and don't want to eat that. I'll be looking at what is possible in the b pillar without cutting the bottom and leaving the other backets where they are. I'll also post any updates if I find anything useful.

Sponsored Links