Update: Unresolved issues since new with 18.5 RS Turbo R P0301, P0302, P0303 - Page 9
Can-Am Maverick Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Update: Unresolved issues since new with 18.5 RS Turbo R P0301, P0302, P0303

This is a discussion on Update: Unresolved issues since new with 18.5 RS Turbo R P0301, P0302, P0303 within the Maverick Discussions forums, part of the Can-Am Maverick Forums category; Originally Posted by Tommyknocker Was the vehicle fixed? If it wasn't would you, please, help us restore the picture here if you don't mind. This ...

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree148Likes

Thread: Update: Unresolved issues since new with 18.5 RS Turbo R P0301, P0302, P0303

Member #
    Liked
    250 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommyknocker View Post
    Was the vehicle fixed?

If it wasn't would you, please, help us restore the picture here if you don't mind.

This case is somewhat unique or so it seems and it would be very useful for us (and an absolute necessity for you ) to sort it out.

1. What about the wires leading to the injectors? Replaced along with the harness?

2. What about the high voltage part, the coils? I think you said somewhere they were replaced, right?
    3.What is the distribution of these errors (01,02,03) after they were cleared? How many of which?
    4. When do the errors tend to occur after clearance? Right from the start, when the engine is well warmed up, or after good run and under load?
    5. Would you describe At what circumstances did they show up for the first time (let's hereinafter reffer to this unfortunate moment when your new life began "T0")?
    6. Did you refuel, say, 50 miles prior to T0? If you did, was it your usual station?
    7. Was the pump replaced? The injectors? Filter? I remember you said the tank was drained at some point.
    8. Did you assault a ford 0-50 miles before T0?
    9. How old was your vehicle, And what mileage it had at T0?
    10. You said you are the second owner of this vehicle. Why the previous one sold it?
    11. When the errors are cleared does the vehicle run well and accelerates and pulls just like new before it goes to limp mode again? Or you feel some power loss?
    12. Did you notice any changes in vehicle behavior (the errors occurrence ) after all of the replacements and other associated work? Any changes at all?
    13. Are there any other errors the ecu throws along with the misfires ones?
    14. Was the engine ever overheated?
    15. Was the cylinder compression measured?
    16. Was the crankshaft angle sensor replaced?
    17. What sensors if any were replaced besides MAP?
    18. Would you post a short video close to the idling vehicle and then short (3-4 sec) revs up to 6.5k rpm.

If you do not know an answer to a question above or not sure, ask the dealer.

I do not know what kind of dealer you've got there, but with a high degree of likelihood this job should be within capabilities of a local garage mechanic with a scanner, mavr x3 service manual (there is a copy in the net) and a general idea of how modern gasoline internal combustion engines work.
    First thing you have to know is the distribution of misfire events across the cylinders and if there are any other error codes accompanying those misfire ones. Without that knowledge, in order to move anywhere, that mechanic along with above mentioned skills and tools must have a wizard degree.
    But, anyway, since the error occurs in all three cylinders, not in a single one I would assume it is not a spark leakage (electrical breakdown) in high voltage wiring, but rather somewhere up the line, at the control signal generation node and then distribution lines of those signals. This brings us to ignition control signal generation and injectors control signals. You said ecu was changed and reflashed. It probably leaves sensors, especially the crank position one. Maybe it is glitching.

You said the MAP sensor was replaced. I wonder why the decision to replace it was made. There is the specific error code ECU generates when the map sensor malfunctions. So, why they replaced the sensor eventually? Was there its code or just for the hell of it?

We tend not to believe in miracles, right? There is an explanation. Something tells me when we find out it will turn out to be not too deep.
    By the way, maybe we should start placing bets already...on what that is...
    I really appreciate your help on this.
    No not fixed!
    All of the above was explained in previous threads linked.

In a nutshell ALL has been done and replaced, tested, checked and much more after reviewing your list of each item. Nothing missing.

Also all sensors replaced with harness, manifold, injectors, ecm, flash, clutch, belt, fuel pressure checked under load, etc..etc... Never overheated.

Ill go through your list:
    #1 Yes
    #2 Yes
    #3 Started with P0303, check engine, limp. Then went to random 01-02-03, dead cylinders, dying.
    #4 Started random, then went to after WOT and all the time with dead cylinders dying, now back to random after service. Only warm at first then went to no matter warm or cold, now back to warm only.
    #5 Around 190 miles on the dunes.
    #6 Nothing different, drain and replaced twice, checked filter, lines, evap, vents etc.
    #7 Yes
    #8 ( I never assault my 6.4 only make it run better by elimination of the emissions
    #9 18.5 Better than showroom clean.
    #10 (Finance issues)
    #11 It got to the point of dead cylinders and shutting down before service. When it clears it seems to run fine however the test areas wasn't the best to really put it to work.
    #12 Yes it went back to running fine, then after about 80 miles it threw P0303, check engine, limp. Then again after 20 to 50 miles each time all at random.
    #13 501 once
    #14 No
    #15 Yes both hot and cold
    #16 Yes
    #17 All
    #18 I'll have to do that, it also recalibrates the crank position sensor by doing that too which was done before replacement.

I was on the phone with a BRP engineer for over 3hrs and different times and 3 days of PMs while the dealership was on BUDS interacting with a BRP tech under the engineer over a 9 week time span.

The only thing has changed it is now more random with no rhyme or reason like when it started within the first 100 miles. No dead cylinders, just limp, check engine and back to P0303, when it slowly got bad it threw random 01-02-03 codes dead cylinder dying. Now back to random P0303, check engine, limp. Sometimes it has to sit for awhile, flash the override while trying to start several times and then sometimes takes quite awhile to clear other times right away.

Happy to drill down on anything not covered.

(p.s. I've had to edit several time as I think of things not covered.)
    Last edited by HPnMORE4J; 08-13-2019 at 06:18 PM.
    sand shark likes this.

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    530 times
    HPnMORE4J
    You deserve a new car for all you've been through with this LEMON !!

COME ON BRP STEP UP AND GIVE THIS MAN A NEW CAR !!
    cgstew94 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    1. You never said why the MAP sensor was changed. If there wasn't the MAPs fault code why did they change it?

2. There must be some other fault codes along with the P030n ones. Are you sure there is none?

3. Are you sure the other sensors were replaced. In particular the cranckshaft and camshaft position sensors? Do you have it (the replacement fact) documented on paper? Check again. Make sure they were replaced.

4. What about the O2 sensor? What is its fate? Replaced? Are you Sure?

5. Would be usefull to test-replace the catalytic converter pipe and see if there is a change.

6. Would be usefull to check the valves clearances.

7. You said compression was measured. Please, provide the values across the cylinders.

8. Any abnormal engine oil consumption?

4. Remove Advertisements
    MaverickForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3816 times
    1. You never said why the MAP sensor was changed. If there wasn't the MAPs fault code why did they change it?

2. There must be some other fault codes along with the P030n ones. Are you sure there is none?

3. Are you sure the other sensors were replaced. In particular the cranckshaft and camshaft position sensors? Do you have it (the replacement fact) documented on paper? Check again. Make sure they were replaced.

5. Would be usefull to test-replace the catalytic converter pipe and see if there is a change.

7. You said compression was measured. Please, provide the values across the cylinders.

BRP and the dealer can't figure it out. His X3 needs to be picked up and sent off to BRP to figure out. They need to provide him with a new unit at this point. Over 9 weeks and they can't fix it.
    sandfreak, Extrememc and Tmesic like this.
    Mega made me get Skats and a tune
    Skats for life now

Thanks for the quote Tim - "Have a unicorny, rainbowey day!"

Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    you definitely need and entitled to a replacement vehicle either temporarily or permanently.

Member #
    Liked
    129 times

When they have no idea what the issue is the dealer and manufacture starts to parts change . Polaris did the samething on my old xp1k. Many parts changed with nothing fixed. Luckily fjk stepped in when I was in need and next thing I know bam I had my old rzr back.... and it worked as it should. Just saying. Brp needs someone like that . Someone that can get crap done . That being said I like my rzr but love my x3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    sand shark likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    250 times

I started to answer your additional questions, most of which has been done and results covered in previous threads.
    At this point it's moot.
    This started within the first 100 miles, and with an expensive extended warranty still in place. I've put way to much time, money, efforts and many missed opportunities, loss and deprecation to date on a machine with almost $40K invested.
    9 weeks in service and now going on 12 weeks without a cure, Can Am techs with no more answers. It's time for BRP/Dealer resolve.

I do thank you for your help.
    BTW welcome to the forum!

Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    where is brpcare? this post on the ninth page.

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    248 times
    I've been out on vacation enjoying my ride and come back to find out you are still having problems! Not more to add but sorry for your pain and suffering. Hopefully you get your money back or a new x3 out of the deal. Keep the fight going and good luck!!!!
    Cheers!
    AZSteele likes this.
    2018 CAN AM X3 XRS MAX

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    4442 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cgstew94 View Post
    where is brpcare? this post on the ninth page.
    brpDONTcare.com Its all a bs copy and paste email reply to contact dealer. They don't do shit!!!
    AZSteele likes this.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links