Visibility
Can-Am Maverick Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Visibility

This is a discussion on Visibility within the Maverick Discussions forums, part of the Can-Am Maverick Forums category; Iíve read a few posts that the visibility out of the cockpit of the X3 isnít great. Iím considering buying an X3 and am curious ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By skidoochris
  • 2 Post By Tmesic
  • 1 Post By Megadesertdiesel
  • 1 Post By HPnMORE4J
  • 1 Post By HPnMORE4J

Thread: Visibility

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Visibility

Iíve read a few posts that the visibility out of the cockpit of the X3 isnít great. Iím considering buying an X3 and am curious if this is truly an issue? Thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    If you donít like seating position you can raise the seat up . Itís a non issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    188 times
    depends what your doing
    IMO if you need to see your tires the x3 is the wrong car for you
    the x3 has the most blind spots of any car
    but if you like to mash the throttle its perfect
    sandfreak likes this.
    17 xds, Whalen 240x tune, 3bar sensors, Powervision with AFR logging, AEM 320 fuel pump, Bosch 1200cc injectors, H&H performance clutching and custom tuning, Pro Armor 4 point harness, UMP filter, Evo v flow, Bell intercooler with BOV and fan override, razorback belt gauge, STU 1300x15 Padla comp cut, 31x15 Tribute comp cut on DWT wheels, mod stock exhaust, Tensor 30x10 x14 on MSA wheels or ITP mud lite 30x12x14 on stock wheels and street legal

4. Remove Advertisements
    MaverickForums.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    225 times
    It's not great that is for sure. I have taken steps to improve visibility and to me makes it tolerable. I made sure not to block any of the rear view mirror viewing angles with anything and installed Seizmik mirrors which I highly recommend. For me was not bad enough to deter me from purchasing, even after the fact.
    2018 CAN AM X3 XRS MAX

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    4553 times
    Sand Shark has the same issue and he solved it very simply. Tim

Name:  20190612_063811.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  532.0 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Megadesertdiesel and BLR like this.
    Have a rainbowey, unicorny day.

Love Tim

Me and My RC , whats good enough for other folk ain't good enough for me.

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    4136 times
    I just don't get this gripe from people. Can you see over the front end of you vehicle? How do you parallel park your car? Seeing your tires and front bumper is over rated. Drive your vehicle and get to know where your tires and front bumper are.
    Gotink likes this.

Supporting Vendor
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    Get a RZR if you want great visibility but plan on spending some money on Vortex seats and harnesses from Simpson (Your wallet will hurt some but PM me for a code to make it hurt..less). RZR has great visibility but they don't come with harnesses and the seats might as well be metal folding chairs.

X3 seats are way better (although I still think you should switch out for some Simpson suspension seats) and they come with 4 point retractable harnesses. The great thing about the retractable harness is that they allow you to lean forward if you need to get a better vantage point. All other harnesses are fixed and don't allow you to lean forward.

My Opinion....Rock crawling you need the visibility the most, so you're better off with a RZR. For dunes, desert, and fast riding the X3 has WAY better suspension and power. My X3 suspension puts even the Turbo S to shame. Full disclosure, I have spend money on Eibach Springs and sway bars but I don't believe that makes the difference gap...they only make the gap bigger.

On a side note, RZR's "can be" cheaper to add aftermarket products on. The catalytic converter is in the muffler...no need to buy both a straight through pipe AND a muffler like X3. Boondocker Dominator Turbo...cheaper for the RZR. This story continues and these are just examples....

Given the choices on the market, I would buy another X3. I like the dunes and rock crawling. I hate mud, mountain trails and I do ride desert but it's not my favorite. I dune WAY more than rock crawl so the choice for me is easy. I don't mean to give the impression that the X3 can't rock crawl either...it's great at crawling but the visibility for it sucks...
    Last edited by BlackMarketUTV; 06-12-2019 at 08:01 AM.

Made by Enthusiasts for Enthusiasts

Member #
    Liked
    180 times
    Get to know your vehicle, raise your seat in the rear 2" and don't use a windshield unless absolutely necessary.
    BLR likes this.

Supporting Vendor
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    I personally hated raising the seat. My seat has the stock spacer in the rear and the upper holes on the front and thatís how I like it. Tried a 1.5Ē seat riser on the rear seat mount and took it out with in hours... Iím 6í1Ē and my head was to close to the roof. It also took out all the comfortable rack that the X3 seat position has. If anyone is in the market for two sets of ďusedĒ 1.5Ē seat risers I would be more than happy to sell them mine!

Made by Enthusiasts for Enthusiasts

Member #
    Liked
    180 times
    That's one thing I've noticed, they are not designed for a tall person nor short person. The "race mirrors" are useless unless you're up high enough to utilize them and I like to be able to see over the front with all the razorbacks and witch eyes out here.
    Especially bad if you have long legs and short torso.

My 5'1 girlfriend said she couldn't see over the dash very well before I raised the rear.

Cheap fix to the problem with four couplers and bolts in the rear.
    BlackMarketUTV likes this.

Sponsored Links