Question for y’all
Can-Am Maverick Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Question for y’all

This is a discussion on Question for y’all within the Maverick XMR forums, part of the Can-Am Maverick Forums category; Hello everyone. I am looking at getting a x3 Xmr max. I have a few questions. I currently have a Honda pioneer 1000-5 and it’s ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By RoostR
  • 1 Post By RoostR

Thread: Question for y’all

Member #

Question for y’all

Hello everyone. I am looking at getting a x3 Xmr max. I have a few questions. I currently have a Honda pioneer 1000-5 and it’s an ok rig. I was not aware how much mud riding there down here in the south. Anyway the pioneer is not the best mud machine the radiator gets clogged with mud fast and overheats among other issues. So I am asking what are the weak parts of these machines? Are they as good in the mud as advertised? If you guys were going to get a max and do a lot of missing would y’all spring for the turbo. Thanks for all your advice I hope to have one soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    860 times
    Im not a mud guy so wont comment on any of that ,but to answer if its worth the cashola for getting a turbo model the answer is yes yes yes , you can truly never have too much power at first you will be impressed then when you get used to it it time for more your never satisfied
    Life doesent get much better than eating taco’s down at scorpian bay ,baja sur
    2018 x3 xrs/ smart lok,rugged radios,baga design squadron pro’s,onyx6,afx alum. Lower doors,brp door handles, Evo c/d + tune, wet sounds elite 10, aim belt temp, + way too much to list need more $$ not close to being done

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    860 times
    Forgot to say welcome to the site, also when you get your new car grease the wheel bearings at a min.
    Life doesent get much better than eating taco’s down at scorpian bay ,baja sur
    2018 x3 xrs/ smart lok,rugged radios,baga design squadron pro’s,onyx6,afx alum. Lower doors,brp door handles, Evo c/d + tune, wet sounds elite 10, aim belt temp, + way too much to list need more $$ not close to being done

4. Remove Advertisements
    MaverickForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Thanks desertdog. I’m looking forward to getting one. Still trying to convince the wife but I’ll ware her down eventually lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    1074 times
    Welcome from Nova Scotia Canada...now go out and get an X3 Max you won't regret it.
    18 yellow X3 Xds

16 Outty 1000R XT

13 Polaris 850 HO

Member #
    Liked
    55 times
    Quote Originally Posted by zin View Post
    Thanks desertdog. I’m looking forward to getting one. Still trying to convince the wife but I’ll ware her down eventually lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission.

What I did , and I will admit was more of a coincidence than a designed evil plan, my wife spent $1,800 on a pure bred cat about a week before I bought the X3. When I came home with it she didn't say boo to me, I was wondering WTF did she do that she is not giving me hell about this and then it clicked, she realized she spent stupid money on a useless thing and I spent money on what as in her opinion a useless thing (she is so wrong ), so in her mind the actions evened each other out, she didn't even ask how much I spent.

So the moral of the story is let her spend stupid money first and she probably wont say boo to you, if she does at least you got an X3 to quickly get away from her nagging.

If you can pay your bills, feed your family and put a little money aside for a rainy day, why shouldn't you be able to enjoy the fruits of your hard work.
    Sandbox_Kid, Desertdog01 and zin like this.

Member #
    Liked
    384 times
    Even the X3 lineup will have issues with mud in the radiator, been there done that. I have to clean my X3's out quite often and I rarely get into deep mud. Mud puddles are the worst for clogging up the core. After having the same issue with the Commander I bought a Wildcat due to the radiator being in the back. However even it had to have the Radiator cleaned, just not as often. So no matter what you own there is the issue with the radiator. Most solve it by relocation. Good luck and although I have not owned a Honda SxS, I would not hesitate to buy an X3 over it.

Member #
    Liked
    55 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Odyknuck View Post
    Even the X3 lineup will have issues with mud in the radiator, been there done that. I have to clean my X3's out quite often and I rarely get into deep mud. Mud puddles are the worst for clogging up the core. After having the same issue with the Commander I bought a Wildcat due to the radiator being in the back. However even it had to have the Radiator cleaned, just not as often. So no matter what you own there is the issue with the radiator. Most solve it by relocation. Good luck and although I have not owned a Honda SxS, I would not hesitate to buy an X3 over it.

If the OP is worried about mud, the XMR is the way to go. I speak from experience, I have a 64' XMR and it is a tank in the mud and I've had zero issues with the rad getting clogged up. I've been in water holes with the water up to my chest (seating position) with zero issues. I've been in clay mud holes, got stuck pretty bad but that was my fault, I was using the granny key and didn't have enough grunt to power through the muck. I've ripped across peat moss and muskeg fields and never an issue with a clogged rad

The Honda is more of a work around the farm, casual cruse on the groomed trails kind of SXS. The X3 is more of a demon shot out of a cannon kind of SXS. One is a Crown Vic and the other is a 'Cuda.
    zin likes this.

Sponsored Links