Oceano/Pismo closing to OHV 7/11 - Page 2
Can-Am Maverick Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Oceano/Pismo closing to OHV 7/11

This is a discussion on Oceano/Pismo closing to OHV 7/11 within the West / West Coast Owners forums, part of the Maverick Regional Forums category; Originally Posted by Sandman_73 Didn’t know you were a CA boy. When did you escape Commifornia Matt? yep, I'm from the C-word. Grew up in ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Oceano/Pismo closing to OHV 7/11

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    1420 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman_73 View Post
    Didn’t know you were a CA boy. When did you escape Commifornia Matt?
    yep, I'm from the C-word. Grew up in Pismo, had a 76' chevy shortbed 4x4 in high school and was out there all the time, way before the rangers got hummers and funco's. Back then they never left the beach for the most part. I would help pull people and their campers out for beer. I left north cali in 97' for vegas, back for a bit in 06-07, Idaho ever since. Miss some things for sure but don't miss the politics, crappy roads, high taxes and registration fees, sierra club or the POS coastal commission. The only way that state will see change is when all of those Hippocrates are 6' under starting with Pelosi who somehow is worth $130 million and Feinstein who is worth $80, all at the expense of the taxpayers that keep voting them in.
    trailexplorer likes this.
    17' triple black X3 XRS - longest lasting SxS I have ever had as it still make me smile every-time I drive it!!

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    330 times
    It is disgusting what the coastal commission and "some ppl" have done to this place. The trash is unbelievable on a Sunday afternoon. Been going here since I was in diapers riding up Devils Slide in the dark in a Pinto buggy with my Pops. My kids have been every year they have been alive, 8 days a summer; TILL LAST YEAR...... I QUIT. The rangers have lost control of that place due to staffing (talked to many of them) and the AHOLES that trash the beach and disregard the laws. Reminiscent of Glamis Y2K days. Sucks. Gonna probably resemble the Oregon dunes as far as use. Camping on the beach probably gone before I die. Glad I got great memories. Hey CA Politicians; taking my retirement and walking. Enjoy the sh!thole you are creating. San Fran pun intended. My rant complete.

Pops photo- 1980

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1980-2 Slide 1 Pismo.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	3.51 MB 
ID:	239249

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    1420 times
    The problem is they stack tons of people in a place that has shrunk to 5% of its original size so everybody is stacked on each other. If they had off dune camping and people just rode there maybe it would feel bigger like oregon and that would reduce the mess made by the campers, but there isnt enough off beach camp areas to support the volume of people that want to go there . There is a road next to the creek that the rangers use during high tide and also goes to the horse stables that has a campground. There is also back road near oso flaco that could support additional camp areas. Again, they have every single beach in the entire state and now they are focused on taking the last one that is already reduced to nothing and the people that use it pay their way unlike any other beach in the state. I quit going there years ago and have no regrets, the other dunes in the west are much better, have more room and for the most part are much taller.
    17' triple black X3 XRS - longest lasting SxS I have ever had as it still make me smile every-time I drive it!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    MaverickForums.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    691 times
    I think the state parks make a good amount of cash off pismo and want to keep it open , have some plans of their own
    https://www.noozhawk.com/article/gua...a72e-247226113

possibly even adding new camping area’s Interesting Its funny oceano and pismo concerned one of their ramps might get shut down
    Life doesent get much better than eating taco’s down at scorpian bay ,baja sur
    2018 x3 xrs/ smart lok,rugged radios,baga design squadron pro’s,onyx6,afx alum. Lower doors,brp door handles, Evo c/d + tune, wet sounds elite 10, aim belt temp, + way too much to list need more $$ not close to being done

Member #
    Liked
    21 times

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    this will, and the 5 before him, be more harmful to riding at Oceano Dunes than the environmentalists.

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    691 times
    Here is a very good presentation that shows what a bunch of bs the state is slinging , also love the article above about anything goes,ya just try it and see haw many rangers will be on you, Saturday I saw fish and game checking a kids bucket that was digging in the sand in the water, probably making sure he didn't have a clam or any shells
    . This guy is good , in the artical they forgot to mention that the off road park used to be about 14000 acres and now they have it squeezed down to about 1350 so gee wonder why its crowded
    Life doesent get much better than eating taco’s down at scorpian bay ,baja sur
    2018 x3 xrs/ smart lok,rugged radios,baga design squadron pro’s,onyx6,afx alum. Lower doors,brp door handles, Evo c/d + tune, wet sounds elite 10, aim belt temp, + way too much to list need more $$ not close to being done

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    1420 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertdog01 View Post
    Here is a very good presentation that shows what a bunch of bs the state is slinging , also love the article above about anything goes,ya just try it and see haw many rangers will be on you, Saturday I saw fish and game checking a kids bucket that was digging in the sand in the water, probably making sure he didn't have a clam or any shells
    . This guy is good , in the artical they forgot to mention that the off road park used to be about 14000 acres and now they have it squeezed down to about 1350 so gee wonder why its crowded
    he is def good, hopefully he is helping this time around. I was born there in 73' I also have some pics If I can go through the archives at my parents as I grew up near backside of dunes and could see them from our yard. It was know in the turn of the century local farmers and local government threw grass seed out there to slow down the drifting sand, the grass is not native. The snowy plover cant even survive unless there is absolutely nobody, so they need to close avila, shell, pismo, cambria, cayucus, Monterrey, san jose, santa cruz, morro bay, santa barbara, ventura and all of them down and especially no dogs, basically lets close all the beaches to everyone in the state for the bird!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links