Amargosa Dunes, NV - Heading there this Sunday April 7 - Page 2
Can-Am Maverick Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Amargosa Dunes, NV - Heading there this Sunday April 7

This is a discussion on Amargosa Dunes, NV - Heading there this Sunday April 7 within the West / West Coast Owners forums, part of the Maverick Regional Forums category; Did 90 miles on Saturday in the desert. Amargosa is my second home. Been my go to spot since I was little. Dunefreak and Skinner ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Amargosa Dunes, NV - Heading there this Sunday April 7

Member #
    Liked
    168 times
    Did 90 miles on Saturday in the desert. Amargosa is my second home. Been my go to spot since I was little. Dunefreak and Skinner have been my draw to dumont. But dunefreak just sits and looks at his car in the garage all the time now. #dadlifeLet me know a little more in advance and I’m always down to ride. Saturday’s are easier for me.
    Dive Bar Casanova likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    511 times
    Sounds like fun. Since I played hooky from my business for the last 4 days I can't get away next weekend, but I'll put it on my bucket list.
    Thanks for sharing.
    '18 X3 XRC Turbo R + $$$$$$$$

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    210 times
    well did you like it ? Amagrosa is fun i go there when my friends go dumont is just bigger both are 50 miles from my drivway

4. Remove Advertisements
    MaverickForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    150 times
    I did like it, Skinner. Would like it better if it were closer. 🙂 It was about 1 hour 45 minute drive from my house. Put 55 miles of riding in at the dunes. I was actually surprised,how big some of the dunes were and how fast you could roll through a lot of it. I'm glad I threw the paddles back on for the ride.

I felt the sand was "slippery". Not sure how else to describe it.

I liked there were really no surprises like witches eyes or weird transitions.

Nice dunes for sure. Good place to take a noob since plenty is small gentle dunes and some nice big climbs and bowls too. Now if only it were 10 times bigger in area....
    2018 Maverick X3 XRS SmartLock

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnjohn738 View Post
    Amargosa is bad ass. Has to be the most under rated dune area. Hills there are huge and steep. Wish I lived closer!
    It sure is! Just be careful the transitions are sharp due to the steep dunes.
    2018 Can-Am Maverick X3 Max X DS Turbo R

Member #
    Liked
    357 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunk View Post
    Did 90 miles on Saturday in the desert. Amargosa is my second home. Been my go to spot since I was little. Dunefreak and Skinner have been my draw to dumont. But dunefreak just sits and looks at his car in the garage all the time now. #dadlifeLet me know a little more in advance and I’m always down to ride. Saturday’s are easier for me.
    I hate your face. #dadlife #nolife

Member #
    Liked
    150 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunk View Post
    Ok, Bunk. I definitely need to get to Dumont next season so I'll be on the lookout for anybody making plans. I'm thinking I will reserve Glamis for Thanksgiving and Christmas/New Year and - just too much of a hike from Vegas plus it seems that half the trips fizzle out because other people back out, dust storms and other reasons.

I am good for Saturdays and Sundays and holidays - work a regular work week.

Next planned trip is up into the Virgin mountains maybe first weekend of May - I'll make a separate post about that. It will have to be a Sunday ride because a couple of the guys wanting to go work Saturdays.
    2018 Maverick X3 XRS SmartLock

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links