Bagdad/Williams area - Page 2
Can-Am Maverick Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Bagdad/Williams area

This is a discussion on Bagdad/Williams area within the Southwest Owners forums, part of the Maverick Regional Forums category; Yeah Ive done that run a few years ago. Ranch is really cool area. Originally Posted by bking It was a great trip. Four days, ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Bagdad/Williams area

Member #
    Liked
    3390 times
    Yeah Ive done that run a few years ago. Ranch is really cool area.

Quote Originally Posted by bking View Post
    It was a great trip. Four days, just shy of 900 miles. We'll do this again:

Up past Six Mile Crossing

Day one we herded a few cows. It was the only day we got turned away, added 80 miles to to the 130 I'd planned before lunch:

Lunch, or early dinner in Seligman. Folks from around the world seem to gather in Seligman. Who knew:

Day two from Williams to Tusayan, just south of the GC proper:

Day 3 we hit the overlook into Oak Creek, then Sycamore point, Jerome for some BBQ and ended up in Chino Valley:

Day four was a short one, Chino back to Bagdad, past maybe the prettiest ranch setting I have ever seen, Yolo Ranch.

The photo doesn't come close to sharing how stunning this little valley/ranch really is
    2018 Can Am Max X3
    POOR MANS MINI TROPHY TRUCK

SKAT-TRAK WARLOCKS THE BEST SAND TIRE EVER. 10 PADDLE XTREME BLADES STAGGERED. 104" ROLL OUT.DWT WHEELS.BLOW BY CATCH CAN.KC GRAVITY 6 LED BAR.EVO STAGE 3 TUNE.EVO CAT DELETE.EVO BIG AIR INTAKE.KWI X34 CLUTCHKIT.TRIPLE X SEATS WITH 3 PERSON REAR BENCH.GALAXY TAB A 10".2X MOTORSPORTS BUMP STEER DELETE TIE ROD KIT.2X MOTORSPORTS GUSSET KIT.WHIPTECH LED LIGHTED WHIPS.NRG Suede Steering Wheel WITH QUICKRELEASE.

Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bking View Post
    I map everything out on Google Earth first, then download to Gaia, and of course then track it on Gaia as we run it. I'd be happy to share files.

<snip>
    Since you enjoy using GE as part of trip planning, downloading spatial data from the specific NF of interest (.KMZ files) provides an interesting perspective of trails within when viewed in GE/GEP. My buddy (forum member yattr) showed me how to create these files. For our own regional NF areas plus those we frequent (Tonto, Coconino, Apache-Sitgreaves) I already had those downloaded on my laptop for quick reference, so just now created a new file for the Kaibab NF (2.8 MB) which is viewable as a zoomable overlay in the areas you traveled. Mentioned buddy is a power user with ESRI ArcGIS Explorer as well as Collector (proprietary map generation using Shape files plus multiple data layers). I'm lucky to benefit by his expertise, with comprehensive map utilities installed on my GPS-enabled Win10 Pro mil-spec tablet and Android devices.

Google Earth requires an internet connection to render full resolution, however its useful for advance planning as is your practice. This forum software doesn't allow .kmz file attachments, so here's a representative screenshot instead.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    AZSteele likes this.
    2018 MavT DPS 1000

Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Few more:

Hull cabin, one of the earliest "destination resorts" at the south rim, about 1890:

Sycamore Canyon:

4. Remove Advertisements
    MaverickForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtDawg View Post
    Since you enjoy using GE as part of trip planning, downloading spatial data from the specific NF of interest (.KMZ files) provides an interesting perspective of trails within when viewed in GE/GEP. My buddy (forum member yattr) showed me how to create these files. For our own regional NF areas plus those we frequent (Tonto, Coconino, Apache-Sitgreaves) I already had those downloaded on my laptop for quick reference, so just now created a new file for the Kaibab NF (2.8 MB) which is viewable as a zoomable overlay in the areas you traveled. Mentioned buddy is a power user with ESRI ArcGIS Explorer as well as Collector (proprietary map generation using Shape files plus multiple data layers). I'm lucky to benefit by his expertise, with comprehensive map utilities installed on my GPS-enabled Win10 Pro mil-spec tablet and Android devices.

Google Earth requires an internet connection to render full resolution, however its useful for advance planning as is your practice. This forum software doesn't allow .kmz file attachments, so here's a representative screenshot instead.
    It is nice to have smart friends in the right places. A guy that somewhat got me started in this SxS exploring has been doing this in Utah and Baja since around 1993, and has gps tracks for all of it. And he shares! Arizona though is new to him, so we explored this bit of it for his first time.
    AZSteele likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    564 times
    This looks like another long distance fun trek to do!
    2018 X3 RC R

Member #
    Liked
    758 times
    I'm in. Let's ride.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    '18 X3 XRC Turbo R + $$$$$$$$

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    456 times
    Thanks for the wonderful pics ,
    bking likes this.
    Life doesent get much better than eating taco’s down at scorpian bay ,baja sur
    2018 x3 xrs/ smart lok,rugged radios,baga design squadron pro’s,onyx6,afx alum. Lower doors,brp door handles, Evo c/d + tune, wet sounds elite 10, aim belt temp, + way too much to list need more $$ not close to being done

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links