The *Official* Arkansas Riders Thread! - Page 5
Can-Am Maverick Forum - Powered by vBulletin

The *Official* Arkansas Riders Thread!

This is a discussion on The *Official* Arkansas Riders Thread! within the Southeast Owners forums, part of the Maverick Regional Forums category; Agreed with reviving this thread. While not from Arkansas, I love going there to ride, much more the style of riding I grew up on. ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: The *Official* Arkansas Riders Thread!

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Agreed with reviving this thread. While not from Arkansas, I love going there to ride, much more the style of riding I grew up on. And SOOOO miss it.

Just rode Wolf Pen back in March. Been there several times, but this trip may be my last. The DAY we left home they closed WPG b/c of rain. The trails are OFF ROADING right? Took 3 days of sun before they opened them. By the time they opened them it was actually dusty! Drove 8 hours for that. They closed the "road" out to the blue hole, and have the road closed on the south loop back from blue hole. If it is an actual road paid for by tax dollars I think that is BS. Almost ALL trails there now are green. They have redone the trail by the 2 footed oak. It was so smooth and so wide I could have driven my Camaro down it. Both trails going up to Hawks Point were closed. The hippies and tree huggers have basically ruined this system for me. And I am all for riding safe, but when the actual dirt roads are more challenging than the trails.....It's like telling your kid yeah you can play football, but you have to wear full pads, flag no tackle, and no running. That way there is no threat of you getting hurt, now go have fun. Kind of obvious big brother doesn't want us there, though I bet all the local businesses have a different opinion.

Anyhow, sorry for the rant.

Fortunately we did do other runs. Rode to Fourche Mountain. It had some nice trails on it.

Dying to try Mulberry Mountain / Mill Creek. From what I have read, seems that is still a good place to ride. Saw some posts about the Oark store, looks awesome. What do you know about lodging in the area? The only think I have seen is the Mulberry Mountain Lodge.

Found a couple others to explore that I have saved on my list that I can't think of at the moment.
    Life's a game, play to win because no one gets out alive.

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Mack's Pines is north of Russellville, private trails and it does have lodging & camping. It's also close to some other trails in the National Forest. My wife's Dad was raised in the Wolf Pen area and the entire family knows that area well. Mulberry Mountain & Mill Creek have some great trails however we go a lot south of Oark and of course stop at the Oark Store! We rarely ever see anyone else riding there at all. Awesome food and the lady who makes the pies is one of the wife's oldest friends.
    PM me any time you are headed to that area. With luck we will sell the Oklahoma house soon and move there! Our oldest has 23 acres bordering the National Forest and he thinks he is a farmer now! 17 chickens and 3 fainting goats!!
    Texasrider likes this.
    2017 Maverick XMR1000 - Can Am Rookie Turning 70 this year. I have to get Older but I don't have to Grow Up!

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Here's a few shots of the area around Spainhour Falls - last winter
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    2017 Maverick XMR1000 - Can Am Rookie Turning 70 this year. I have to get Older but I don't have to Grow Up!

4. Remove Advertisements
    MaverickForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    thanks for the info. we love to trail ride and love to meet other people who love the sport also. thanks .. my new rig is a lot of fun and hope it will be the best rig so far. the last maverick was awesome so this one had some big shoes to fill...lol
    Last edited by nosgsxr; 06-05-2019 at 09:55 AM.
    2018 X3 120hp
    WS160 Tune
    Razorback belt temp gauge
    KFI 4500 Stealth
    Can Am Rock sliders
    Super ATV Radis rods Tie Rods & Gusset kit
    32 inch Roctanes on ITP Tornado"s

SOLD
    2015 Turbo
    EVO Stage 3 Reflash

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Anxious to leave tomorrow and see how the XMR does compared to my last 13 RZR XP. More power, better mud tires & suspension plus the low gearing for the mud holes! Where in AR are you located nosgsxr?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Quote Originally Posted by HiTechRedneck View Post
    Anxious to leave tomorrow and see how the XMR does compared to my last 13 RZR XP. More power, better mud tires & suspension plus the low gearing for the mud holes! Where in AR are you located nosgsxr?
    im in central AR Pine Bluff it about 40 miles south of Little Rock.

thats a good looking rig..... i loved my XDS turbo but wanted the X3 from the day i saw one...lol
    2018 X3 120hp
    WS160 Tune
    KFI 4500 Stealth
    Can Am Rock sliders

SOLD
    2015 Turbo
    EVO Stage 3 Reflash

Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    looks like i may ride at wolf pen the on 6/22 if the weather holds out. i have some friends from Texas that are going to be there campingand may meet up with them and do a day ride. your welcome to ride with us if thats something your interested in.
    2018 X3 120hp
    WS160 Tune
    KFI 4500 Stealth
    Can Am Rock sliders

SOLD
    2015 Turbo
    EVO Stage 3 Reflash

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    I know PB well, used to manage a large copier dealer in LR for 15 years and we had an office in PB. Also have a good friend in Whitehall area. Back in OK for now after some really muddy rides last weekend, but Ol Red took it all in stride! My oldest has a 1000 Pioneer and snuck mine out one evening. Stomped on it and said it scared him! LOL!!! We should be going back around the end of next month for my 70th birthday so I'll holler when I know dates. If you do Wolf Pen don't miss stopping by the Oark Store!!!
    Last edited by HiTechRedneck; 06-13-2019 at 05:15 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Sponsored Links