Mud, Water, Rednecks oh my
Can-Am Maverick Forum - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on Mud, Water, Rednecks oh my within the Southeast Owners forums, part of the Maverick Regional Forums category; Heading to the Pioneer takeover next weekend in Tennessee. Stock Bighorns - how much water am I safe driving in/through? Did not find much on ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Mud, Water, Rednecks oh my

Member #
    Liked
    14 times

Heading to the Pioneer takeover next weekend in Tennessee. Stock Bighorns - how much water am I safe driving in/through? Did not find much on this searching the forums.
    Anything I can do (besides a snorkel kit) like run vent lines?
    Love riding the Dunes but this trip has me a bit nervous. Both buddies going with me have Pioneer 1000's. Never done rocks before and we are hitting something called "top of world" trail.
    I think I will be using Low for the 1st time.....any advice from you rock and mud guys will be appreciated.
    2018 X3 Turbo EVO Stage 1

Member #
    Liked
    748 times
    Envious. Have a blast, enjoy the ride and rubberside down (or you must post video of the carnage)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    '18 X3 XRC Turbo R + $$$$$$$$

Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    It seems that I wouldn't want to go higher than the air filter that is in the rear wheel well. It has a dirt release nipple on it that I have never heard to be sealed enough to keep water out if submerged. Maybe it is ok if you put it through a deep water hole for a minute or two but I wouldn't want to submerge it for too long.

Short of snorkeling everything, you might as well rake your chances on leaving it alone and be mindful of how deep something is.

Steve
    2019 Maverick X3 XDS Turbo R- Can Am accessories: Sport Roof, XMR tow hook, Super Winch 4500SR, lower doors, door handles, mirrors, pre-runner front bumper

2014 Maverick XMR- sold but not forgotten

2003 Honda 400ex- 440cc 11:1 wiseco piston, razr tires with moose rims, moose bumper and nerfs, tag T-2 bars, ASV levers, FMF slip on and Pro circuit head pipe, tusk clutch kit, DID x ring chain, K&N filter with prefilter, EHS lid

4. Remove Advertisements
    MaverickForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    166 times
    clutch openings are under turbocharger and behind muffler
    so air filter height is about as high as possible
    17 xds, Whalen 240x tune, 3bar sensors, Powervision with AFR logging, AEM 320 fuel pump, Bosch 1200cc injectors, H&H performance clutching and custom tuning, Pro Armor 4 point harness, UMP filter, Evo v flow, Bell intercooler with BOV and fan override, razorback belt gauge, STU 1300x15 Padla comp cut, 31x15 Tribute comp cut on DWT wheels, mod stock exhaust, Tensor 30x10 x14 on MSA wheels or ITP mud lite 30x12x14 on stock wheels and street legal

Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    Do not go higher than the air filter and yes if you're on trails and not in the open run in low..

Member #
    Liked
    75 times
    Sooooo Iím pretty sure you just called me a redneck.... we ride there all the time. Donít worry about the mud thereís usually a way around the it. The trail you are talking about has some challenging parts but nothing that canít be done. Iíd be surprised if the many pioneers make it though. Around here most pioneers stay on the farm and strictly for work. Water is a non issue unless itís poured the rain. Keep in mind that in our area 90% of the trails are either up the mountain or down the mountain. Water canít pool up on inclines. Windrock is an awesome place to ride but they check coolers for alcohol and do not put up with any crap. They will kick you out if you donít follow their rules. Have fun . Many YouTube videos to watch if you want to see what you are getting into

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AZSteele likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    748 times
    So since when is being a redneck a bad thing ?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    '18 X3 XRC Turbo R + $$$$$$$$

Member #
    Liked
    75 times
    Itís not, itís heritage. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    don't miss riding the water trail on west side of 75. trails much better on that side. if have time mosey on down stinking creek road and then davis creek road into tackett creek. best trails and riding in etn.

Member #
    Liked
    45 times
    Quote Originally Posted by toddo View Post
    Heading to the Pioneer takeover next weekend in Tennessee. Stock Bighorns - how much water am I safe driving in/through? Did not find much on this searching the forums.
    Anything I can do (besides a snorkel kit) like run vent lines?
    Love riding the Dunes but this trip has me a bit nervous. Both buddies going with me have Pioneer 1000's. Never done rocks before and we are hitting something called "top of world" trail.
    I think I will be using Low for the 1st time.....any advice from you rock and mud guys will be appreciated.
    Hope this is not too late to reply. I bought the 64" XMR for the purpose of living in mud and water. Last summer I had the X3 in water so deep I couldn't see the stick shift and the water mark on my shirt was at my chest.... Nothing is as fun as muddin'.

Best advice I can give is don't tear into every water and mud hole like an angry bull, slow and steady is the best way, for many reasons, 1) you have no clue what is hiding under the water or mud, could be a stump, log, rock. 2) if you power into the mud hole and get stopped, you are pretty much pooched and will have to get towed out, if you go in slow and steady and if the bike stops, you can easily back out. 3) if you tear into the hole there is a good chance you are going to leave ruts for the next guy which sucks for them.

Before you go into a water hole pick a good line, sometimes that is hard to do but if you aren't sure, let the more experienced drivers go through first, or let the rigs that are built for mud go through first. 4 Low tends to be the magic setting for every thing mud but remember not to goose the throttle if you are using 4 Low. Old timer once told me if you are using 4 low before you go into the hole, you probably shouldn't go into the hole

Buy a bandana for your mouth and nose, you are going to breath in lots of mud and dirt.

Stock bighorns are the jack of all trades when it comes to trail riding, they are not the best at every thing but they are not the worst at anything. I had Bighorns on my quad and I went through everything the purpose built mud quads went through, with a little effort.

Have fun.
    Last edited by RoostR; 04-28-2019 at 04:18 PM.
    InkMing likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links