Mud, Water, Rednecks oh my - Page 2
Can-Am Maverick Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Mud, Water, Rednecks oh my

This is a discussion on Mud, Water, Rednecks oh my within the Southeast Owners forums, part of the Maverick Regional Forums category; Originally Posted by Dizzledog1 Sooooo I’m pretty sure you just called me a redneck.... we ride there all the time. Don’t worry about the mud ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Mud, Water, Rednecks oh my

Member #
    Liked
    45 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzledog1 View Post
    Sooooo I’m pretty sure you just called me a redneck.... we ride there all the time. Don’t worry about the mud there’s usually a way around the it. The trail you are talking about has some challenging parts but nothing that can’t be done. I’d be surprised if the many pioneers make it though. Around here most pioneers stay on the farm and strictly for work. Water is a non issue unless it’s poured the rain. Keep in mind that in our area 90% of the trails are either up the mountain or down the mountain. Water can’t pool up on inclines. Windrock is an awesome place to ride but they check coolers for alcohol and do not put up with any crap. They will kick you out if you don’t follow their rules. Have fun . Many YouTube videos to watch if you want to see what you are getting into

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Around here we call them "Granny" trails ..

Member #
    Liked
    45 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSteele View Post
    So since when is being a redneck a bad thing ?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Since never.
    AZSteele likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RoostR View Post

Best advice I can give is don't tear into every water and mud hole like an angry bull, slow and steady is the best way, for many reasons, 1) you have no clue what is hiding under the water or mud, could be a stump, log, rock. 2) if you power into the mud hole and get stopped, you are pretty much pooched and will have to get towed out, if you go in slow and steady and if the bike stops, you can easily back out. 3) if you tear into the hole there is a good chance you are going to leave ruts for the next guy which sucks for them.

Before you go into a water hole pick a good line, sometimes that is hard to do but if you aren't sure, let the more experienced drivers go through first, or let the rigs that are built for mud go through first. 4 Low tends to be the magic setting for every thing mud but remember not to goose the throttle if you are using 4 Low. Old timer once told me if you are using 4 low before you go into the hole, you probably shouldn't go into the hole
    Some excellent points here.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MaverickForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Enjoy the Mud Crickets !! if you don't know what a mud cricket is google it, you can thank me later.

Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    did you go yet?

where in cheeseland are you from?

steve
    2019 Maverick X3 XDS Turbo R- Can Am accessories: Sport Roof, XMR tow hook, Super Winch 4500SR, lower doors, door handles, mirrors, pre-runner front bumper

2014 Maverick XMR- sold but not forgotten

2003 Honda 400ex- 440cc 11:1 wiseco piston, razr tires with moose rims, moose bumper and nerfs, tag T-2 bars, ASV levers, FMF slip on and Pro circuit head pipe, tusk clutch kit, DID x ring chain, K&N filter with prefilter, EHS lid

Member #
    Liked
    745 times
    Maybe I don't qualify as a "red neck" cause I fail to see the fun in this.

Now if I was in Dustin, Logan & crews shoes, Can Am giving me cars to go tear up, no need to worry about repairing or having to clean them, maybe, a couple decades ago I'd probably be all in. But there's no way I'd do this to my car.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    '18 X3 XRC Turbo R + $$$$$$$$

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Got my ride height to 14.5" ahead of time and was glad I did. Great times riding in royal blue. Completely different experience from WI trails. Spent most of my time in low going 8-12mph

Name:  20190503_113233.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  3.49 MBName:  20190504_152844.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  4.33 MB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by toddo; 05-09-2019 at 10:05 AM.
    2018 X3 Turbo EVO Stage 1

Pensacola, Florida and Newport Beach, California
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Glad you enjoyed it ! I love Windrock. The stuck pioneer should not have entered that mudhole......you can tell its too much/too deep and rutted out just by looking at it.
    I saw where you wrote that you would be trying low gear ! lol......I want to try high gear ! Its low gear 95% of the time and 4x4 for 75%.

Always enter mud holes that don't look bad like the one in the pic slowly in low and 4x4.....if in doubt get out, grab a long stick and use it as a depth finder.....you will see long sticks laying next to most larger mud areas/holes. You can drive for days and only make it 100 miles or less.....I drove 10 hours straight and was at less than 50 miles on the odometer.

Did you notice the hundreds on grave markers and crosses all over the trails ? some butt pucker trails for sure.....some downright scary don't make a mistake trails.

Post more pics !!
    We brought a group of 25 out on our last trip there.....I watched a 12 year old girl go everywhere we did on her built 4 wheeler.....she was fearless and badass... and could drive ! I was super impressed with her
    2015 XDS TURBO
    MRRPM ecu reflash
    Trinity racing stage 5 full exhaust
    CT Race Worx full shock tune
    EVO silicone turbo hoses and BOV
    EVO cat delete
    Fully wrapped and coated exhaust
    Gorilla axles/rear
    Warrior Riser snorkels
    Alba Racing tie rods
    Alba Racing radius rods
    Alba Racing belt temp gauge