Kentucky or Tennessee??
Can-Am Maverick Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Kentucky or Tennessee??

This is a discussion on Kentucky or Tennessee?? within the Midwest ST Owners forums, part of the Maverick Regional Forums category; We are trying to plan out a 3 or 4 day trip to one or the other (Kentucky or tennisee) for either the end of ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Kentucky or Tennessee??

Member #
    Liked
    124 times

Kentucky or Tennessee??

We are trying to plan out a 3 or 4 day trip to one or the other (Kentucky or tennisee) for either the end of May or beginning of June.. I know their is a lot of good trail systems in both places but I would like to know from those of you with experience on the trail systems in these states where the best place to ride is (the less rock the better) ?? And where we could get the most members to go?? Any information on the places would be appreciated..I Know I can look everything up but would rather have the opinions of fellow members who have been on these trail systems..

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    503 times
    I’m following! Definitely interested in Tennessee Brimstone,Royal Blue or Sanquest. I haven’t been to Windrock but have met several people from the area saying it’s rocky.I have maps for all mentioned areas including Windrock.

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    You're not wrong about Windrock being rocky, but they have an enormous amount of terrain and you can usually find some trails to suit your riding style. Royal Blue is a ton of fun as well, not as rocky and a little more fast paced, but doesn't have the volume that Windrock has. I haven't been to Brimstone yet, but have only heard great things. If your willing to put up with the bumpy ride and maybe some tougher trails, then I would definitely recommend Windrock as you can easily make a week long trip there and be able to cover a ton of different trails and some incredible views.
    2013 Can-am Maverick 1000R- Can-am: Rock Sliders, Rear Net, Shock Covers, Half Windshield, Super Fender Flares. Turnkey Sport Roof. Upgraded Tie-rods. Blingstar Doors.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MaverickForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Windrock is the largest area. However, if you don't want as much rock, I would recommend staying at Brimstone and spend 2 days covering Brimstone and the New River area. Royal Blue is a short distance away, so 1 day there. Great riding, just not as big. (although you can't cover it all in 1 day) The eastern side of Windrock is not near as rocky or rough as the campground/main entrance side and can be entered from close to Brimstone/Royal Blue. Spend 1 day there to get a feel for Windrock. Strongly suggest a tablet with maps from Lifetime Trailmaps. This will show you how these areas layout and connect. Guys who know the trails well can ride all these areas from 1 starting spot, but tough without local knowledge. Great riding all!

Member #
    Liked
    186 times
    Wind rock is not that big. Neither is brimstone. The twra trail system which includes royal blue, sunquist and twra is the biggest trail system around. A person can ride for weeks and never hit the same trail. Wind rock is fun but if you take the hard trails it will take a toll on your machine unless you are an experienced rider. If you like mud brimstone is the place for you. Both windrock and brimstone are per person permits meaning each person pays to ride ie 4 people , 4 permits . Twra is per buggy. Windrock employees are dicks .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    124 times
    Also looking at possibly turkey bay... anyone been there or interested in going?? How does it compare to the places mentioned??

Member #
    Liked
    615 times
    Turkey Bay - very small 4 sq miles but it has beaches,hill climbing,absolutely beautiful,boat and jet ski rentals. The nicest condo I’ve ever stayed at. Great summer vacation for the family,book early.

Windrock is by far my favorite but I have three trips to Brimstone scheduled this summer (stay at Trails End). Easy to access Twra from there.
    Last edited by Shade; 03-13-2019 at 07:45 AM.
    X3max likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Check out Black Mountain in eastern Kentucky. Awesome trails and not a ton of rocky terrain like Windrock.

https://harlancountytrails.com/blackmountain-trails.php
    2019 MAVERICK X3 X RC TURBO R
    2019 MAVERICK X3 MAX X RS TURBO R

Member #
    Liked
    124 times
    Thanks for the info..keep it coming and as soon as I get things planned out..( dates depending on wife's surgery dates from an accident) I will let you all know and hopefully some of you can join us

Member #
    Liked
    124 times
    Any opinions on rush off-road???

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links