LED headlight bulbs? - Page 2
Can-Am Maverick Forum - Powered by vBulletin

LED headlight bulbs?

This is a discussion on LED headlight bulbs? within the Maverick Sport forums, part of the Can-Am Maverick Forums category; I just put in my new LED bulbs that I got off Amazon. WOW what a difference!! Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: LED headlight bulbs?

Member #
    I just put in my new LED bulbs that I got off Amazon. WOW what a difference!!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    53 times
    How are the led bulbs holding up? I want to order some.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    207 times
    should have used fan-less bulbs
    something like these
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-80W-8000...QAAOSwsYtcyuMN
    Texasrider and allrsdup like this.
    17 xds, Boondocker turbo kit, Whalen 240xx tune, 3bar sensors, Powervision with AFR logging, AEM 320 fuel pump, Bosch 1200cc injectors, H&H performance clutching and custom tuning, Pro Armor 4 point harness, UMP filter, Evo v flow, fan override, razorback belt gauge, STU 1300x15 Padla comp cut, 31x15 Tribute comp cut on DWT wheels, Tensor 30x10 x14 on MSA wheels or ITP mud lite 30x12x14 on stock wheels and street legal

4. Remove Advertisements
    MaverickForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    2019 MavS XMR
    Although you already installed them, a word of CAUTION with LED headlight replacements that have fans for cooling. The fans are easily clogged with Mud and trail debris. Once the fans stop the bulbs life is on the line for heat damage. More importantly, when the fans stop, the socket can be so hot that it will melt and distort the headlight housing costing $$$ to replace !!

I can't speak enough about BeamTech H11's. I have them in my low beams and they are UNREAL compared to many other LEDs I have tested. This being said however, i too have had terrible luck with getting LEDs that fit in the High Beam sockets. The socket is narrow due to a piece of support plastic in the housing. I have ordered the bulbs below and will be trying these to install as they claim to be fanless and the same diminesions as a factory H11. Let you know !
    These low beams cant be beat !! - BeamTech H11 ULTRA BRIGHT LEDs (Will NOT fit in the High Beam socket)

Ordered these for the High Beams and HOPEFULLY they will fit and be comparable to the BeamTechs. - Oxilm Factory Size Spec H11 LED
    Last edited by XXXMR; 06-12-2019 at 01:00 PM.
    BlueZero likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Quote Originally Posted by XXXMR View Post
    2019 MavS XMR
    Although you already installed them, a word of CAUTION with LED headlight replacements that have fans for cooling. The fans are easily clogged with Mud and trail debris. Once the fans stop the bulbs life is on the line for heat damage. More importantly, when the fans stop, the socket can be so hot that it will melt and distort the headlight housing costing $$$ to replace !!

I can't speak enough about BeamTech H11's. I have them in my low beams and they are UNREAL compared to many other LEDs I have tested. This being said however, i too have had terrible luck with getting LEDs that fit in the High Beam sockets. The socket is narrow due to a piece of support plastic in the housing. I have ordered the bulbs below and will be trying these to install as they claim to be fanless and the same diminesions as a factory H11. Let you know !
    These low beams cant be beat !! - BeamTech H11 ULTRA BRIGHT LEDs (Will NOT fit in the High Beam socket)

Ordered these for the High Beams and HOPEFULLY they will fit and be comparable to the BeamTechs. - Oxilm Factory Size Spec H11 LED

Great point about the fans, thought about that when searching. Nice to hear you are having good luck with them.

I was curious if these were made outside the US. Not that I care on certain items. Searching BeamTech you get a nice website, but with absolutely NO contact info or location.

Looking at the pics on Amazon, seems something was lost in translation, or I just ain't very learned.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Life's a game, play to win because no one gets out alive.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    UPDATE - Although the Oxilm Factory Size Spec H11 LED claim to be nearly the same size as a factory H11, they are TOO LONG. I could not get these installed in my 19 XMR for high beams. So far my search for High Beam LEDs is a fail.....Due to the plastic housing around the high beam, any bulb that has a depth deeper than a factory bulb will NOT fit in the socket. I have now gone through (3) different LEDs with not a once fitting in the limited space. The search continues....

Quote Originally Posted by XXXMR View Post
    2019 MavS XMR

Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    What I did when I was installing my front Corbin turn signal kit is cut away approx. a 1/4" from the face of the plastic crossbar, now my LED's fit fine. No need to cut it completely off, just enough to fit bulbs in. It is a little bit of a job to get the light assy. out of machine in order to get at plastic crossbar that is in the way.
    kenner

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Just installed the Beamtech H11 in the low beams. Super easy to install they look much better and seem brighter. I haven't taken it out in the dark yet. They didn't seem to seal as tight as the factory bulbs, hopefully no water leaks in.

Below are two pictures. One side factory bulb the other the Beamtech. The bottom picture is the headlights projecting on my garage door from about a foot away. The light looks brighter and a much wider pattern.

Thank you XXXMR for the information on the bulbs!

Name:  Studio_20190711_203842.png
Views: 77
Size:  3.42 MB
    Name:  Studio_20190711_204052.png
Views: 73
Size:  1.78 MB
    SapperC16 likes this.
    2019 Maverick Sport X rc

Member #

LED lights

How much trouble is it to install the Beam units? Is there cut into the stock system? Is this plug and play for the low beams? I am 80 years old and my hands don't work as well as they did. Thank you any help.
    Last edited by gobijk; 07-19-2019 at 01:29 PM. Reason: add question

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gobijk View Post
    How much trouble is it to install the Beam units? Is there cut into the stock system? Is this plug and play for the low beams? I am 80 years old and my hands don't work as well as they did. Thank you any help.
    They are pretty easy, just plug and play for the low beams. The hardest part is getting the plastic plug clips undone without breaking the tabs. I used a small flat head screwdriver to help undo the clips. Don't plug them in all the way until you test them. If the polarity is reversed they won't work. If that happens just flip the plug around and they will work. Then you can put the plug together until it clips. If you can undo the clips and remove the factory bulbs your home free. Good luck! If you run into any issues let us know.
    2019 Maverick Sport X rc

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links