Two New Vehicles, Two Drivetrain Failures in Two Days
Can-Am Maverick Forum - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on Two New Vehicles, Two Drivetrain Failures in Two Days within the Race Cars / Street Machines / Boats forums, part of the MaverickForums Off-Topic category; I bought a new 3/4 ton RAM truck in March and a new Harley Ultra Limited three weeks ago. My plans this weekend were to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Two New Vehicles, Two Drivetrain Failures in Two Days

Member #
    Liked
    39 times

I bought a new 3/4 ton RAM truck in March and a new Harley Ultra Limited three weeks ago. My plans this weekend were to trailer the new bike to Eureka Springs, Arkansas and run the pig trail. I wanted to put some miles on it to get the first 1000 mile service out of the way ahead of Bikes, Blues and BBQ in September. Thursday I dropped my truck off at the dealership to get its first oil change. I asked them to look at the rear end because I could hear a faint whine when under a load. They called me a few hours later and said they needed to keep it to replace the rear end. So without a truck, I changed plans and decided to take a 300 mile trek on Saturday. I drove the bike this morning and noticed an unusual tranny clunk when I pulled the clutch in. I checked the tranny fluids when I got home and the transmission was bone dry with 450 miles on the odometer. I called the dealership who picked the bike up immediately and told me they'd most likely have to replace the transmission. S*** happens I guess. But, what are the odds?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    2018 Can Am Maverick X3 900 HO, ProBox Top X3F4 #1, LinQ 8 Cooler, 3" Lift Kit, Seizmik Pursuit Mirrors, GoPro Hero 5, Upgraded 29" Bighorn 2.0 & 14" OEM X3 Beadlocks

Member #
    Liked
    147 times
    That my friend is horrible luck. Usually only happens once or twice in a lifetime though. I literally had 3 vehicles go down in two days once. Tacoma, Harley wide glide , and my trusty corolla I’d had for years. Lol. I took a cab to work for a couple days then got my bike fixed. Only sucky part was this was in November in ky not really bike weather lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sooner likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1120 times
    Damn that sucks...it if wasn't for bad luck you'd have none at all...like you said what are the odds of that happening.
    Hollywood X3 and Sooner like this.
    18 yellow X3 Xds

16 Outty 1000R XT

13 Polaris 850 HO

4. Remove Advertisements
    MaverickForums.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    3975 times
    That old saying - Everything happens for a reason. Better that it happened at the dealer, and at your house than miles away. Sucks, but you're covered. Write it down as "one of those things", and go have a beer or 20, and enjoy the rest of the weekend.
    Last edited by Hollywood X3; 07-27-2019 at 08:21 AM.
    BLR, canamk and Sooner like this.
    2017 X3 XRS, 2019 X3 XRS

November 2018 Maverick of the Month
    UTV Inc equipped twice with "EVERYTHING"!

Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Hey what year bike is it? Harley is having a big problem with fluid transfer from the transmission to the primary on the newer bikes. My 2018 Roadglide Special went 1/2 quart low in the trans and that 1/2 quart was in the primary case. It's a major, know problem. Don't let them give you any BS about it. Lots of threads on hdforums.com about it.

The transfer happened within the first 700 miles.
    Sooner likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    237 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikes View Post
    Hey what year bike is it? Harley is having a big problem with fluid transfer from the transmission to the primary on the newer bikes. My 2018 Roadglide Special went 1/2 quart low in the trans and that 1/2 quart was in the primary case. It's a major, know problem. Don't let them give you any BS about it. Lots of threads on hdforums.com about it.

The transfer happened within the first 700 miles.
    Another good reason to run Red Line in the transmission, it makes them shift better, and last longer, plus it is reddish in color, so if it shows up in the primary there is no doubt where it came from.
    Hollywood X3 and Sooner like this.

Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    The bike is a 2019. The service manager at the dealership was very apologetic. I think he could sense the concern in my voice. I half expected him to turn it around on me for some mundane service check I failed to make. But, he told me several times not to worry and they would take care of everything. Hollywood called it. I drank about 20 beers and told my wife, better now then being stranded miles from the house.
    2018 Can Am Maverick X3 900 HO, ProBox Top X3F4 #1, LinQ 8 Cooler, 3" Lift Kit, Seizmik Pursuit Mirrors, GoPro Hero 5, Upgraded 29" Bighorn 2.0 & 14" OEM X3 Beadlocks

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Desert somewhere between Wickenburg & Surprise Arizona
    Member #
    Liked
    1232 times
    Welcome to my stalker Murphy and his fuc#ing "laws". Sorry to learn about your troubles, but I'm also hoping Murphy found somebody new to fuc#k with.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    '18 X3 XRC Turbo R + $$$$$$$$

Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSteele View Post
    Welcome to my stalker Murphy and his fuc#ing "laws". Sorry to learn about your troubles, but I'm also hoping Murphy found somebody new to fuc#k with.

Yeah, I think I got your gremlins. I'd say that warrants at least a case of beer! I'll PM my address. I finally got both my truck and bike back from the dealerships. I'm hoping the Gremlins stayed at the dealerships and found someone else to F*** with!
    AZSteele and BLR like this.

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Desert somewhere between Wickenburg & Surprise Arizona
    Member #
    Liked
    1232 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooner View Post
    Yeah, I think I got your gremlins. I'd say that warrants at least a case of beer! I'll PM my address. I finally got both my truck and bike back from the dealerships. I'm hoping the Gremlins stayed at the dealerships and found someone else to F*** with!
    Hey, I'm not in charge of Murphy, but I'll share a bunch of beer with you and talk shit about the 'lil Irish terrorist.

Sooner likes this.
    '18 X3 XRC Turbo R + $$$$$$$$

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links