Jet boats....Who has them? - Page 2
Can-Am Maverick Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Jet boats....Who has them?

This is a discussion on Jet boats....Who has them? within the Race Cars / Street Machines / Boats forums, part of the MaverickForums Off-Topic category; That's some serious gorgeous boats folks keep the picks coming....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Jet boats....Who has them?

Member #
    Liked
    940 times
    That's some serious gorgeous boats folks keep the picks coming.
    18 yellow X3 Xds

16 Outty 1000R XT

13 Polaris 850 HO

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    235 times
    Not mine but my buddys he used to drag boats he ran a top fuel and has a few national titles this is his put around he keeps at the lakeName:  7C8D7602-255C-41CA-9A5D-836E70B2B442.jpeg
Views: 21
Size:  4.02 MBName:  910ADFD2-08AB-45DD-B322-72163CDDD8B0.jpeg
Views: 20
Size:  2.56 MB
    canamk likes this.
    Life doesent get much better than eating taco’s down at scorpian bay ,baja sur
    2018 x3 xrs/ smart lok,rugged radios,baga design squadron pro’s,afx alum. Lower doors,brp door handles, only had my car a couple weeks so more mods to come

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Quote Originally Posted by canamk View Post
    I have a 2012 Sea Doo 20' Speedster 200....stock was 510hp around 65mph but got the computers re-tuned and SS impellers now I'm running around

72-73mph...…….Nothing like those monsters posted on here but fun as hell making the Speedster slide sideways.
    Thumbs up canamk! I had a Speedster 20 430 hp, 58.9 mph on gps was the best I ever got, at 5,000' elevation. Smoked a lot of old school "75 mph" jet boats with my little Canadian import. Your tuned 510 must be a riot. Don't try a sub move if you have aftermarket intakes.... Love the way those boats handle though, perfect lets go eff some stuff up and rally boat. They have handles everywhere for a reason. Man, I've got some stories from that boat.

Let's see what everyone else has! Great posts so far, I don't care if its a canoe with a 40 hp jet strapped to the back, or the big money shiny stuff.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MaverickForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    940 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vltor17 View Post
    Thumbs up canamk! I had a Speedster 20 430 hp, 58.9 mph on gps was the best I ever got, at 5,000' elevation. Smoked a lot of old school "75 mph" jet boats with my little Canadian import. Your tuned 510 must be a riot. Don't try a sub move if you have aftermarket intakes.... Love the way those boats handle though, perfect lets go eff some stuff up and rally boat. They have handles everywhere for a reason. Man, I've got some stories from that boat.

Let's see what everyone else has! Great posts so far, I don't care if its a canoe with a 40 hp jet strapped to the back, or the big money shiny stuff.

Thanks vltor!!….yes fun as heck and they handle like on rails but hate coming into a wharf or dock the slower I go there's no steering...Nope no sub moves

for me....lol....I run in salt water only so you gotta be careful....my speeds were taken on my cell phone GPS so don't know how accurate they are but like

you I beat some so called 80mph speed boats....wish I could post pics on this forum for some reason I can't.
    18 yellow X3 Xds

16 Outty 1000R XT

13 Polaris 850 HO

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    @canmak
    They are great boats for what they are. Tried the sub move once... 5 people in the boat, going about 25, threw it in reverse and pinned it. A 2.5' wall of water came over the front (which was 2' underwater). Everyone freaked out, but those hulls are foam filled, "virtually" unsinkable. Yeah, everything drains to the engine compartment. Which would be fine, with the stock air intakes intact. They suck air from the highest point, under the sun deck if I recall correctly. I had taken all that off in the name of intake restriction. I had SS filters directly on the supercharger intakes. She handled like a pig heading back to shore, and I figured out why when we got there. The water had filled the engine compartment, with water marks about 1/2" below the bottom of the air filters. I shudder to think if I had sucked a big gulp of water into a SC spinning 40k rpm!

Anyway, if you haven't done this trick, you'll love it. About 55ish, slightly turning left. Chop throttle, spin wheel all the way left. Grab reverse and bury the throttle. Make sure everyone is hanging the hell on! 360s in a 20 foot boat...
    warlock and canamk like this.

Member #
    Liked
    940 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vltor17 View Post
    @canmak
    They are great boats for what they are. Tried the sub move once... 5 people in the boat, going about 25, threw it in reverse and pinned it. A 2.5' wall of water came over the front (which was 2' underwater). Everyone freaked out, but those hulls are foam filled, "virtually" unsinkable. Yeah, everything drains to the engine compartment. Which would be fine, with the stock air intakes intact. They suck air from the highest point, under the sun deck if I recall correctly. I had taken all that off in the name of intake restriction. I had SS filters directly on the supercharger intakes. She handled like a pig heading back to shore, and I figured out why when we got there. The water had filled the engine compartment, with water marks about 1/2" below the bottom of the air filters. I shudder to think if I had sucked a big gulp of water into a SC spinning 40k rpm!

Anyway, if you haven't done this trick, you'll love it. About 55ish, slightly turning left. Chop throttle, spin wheel all the way left. Grab reverse and bury the throttle. Make sure everyone is hanging the hell on! 360s in a 20 foot boat...

Sounds like fun but no thanks!!!!!......lol.....I like making power turns and stuff but that's about it....These things from a dead stop will literally jump

out the water on takeoff unlike a prop engine....love stopping dead in the water then pinning the throttles...without telling my riders of course....lol
    18 yellow X3 Xds

16 Outty 1000R XT

13 Polaris 850 HO

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links