Upgrades completed, test ride failure
Can-Am Maverick Forum - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on Upgrades completed, test ride failure within the Maverick XXC forums, part of the Can-Am Maverick Forums category; So as you might remember my power steering unit started going bad 1st day after arriving at Laughlin for the UTV World Championships. So when ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Upgrades completed, test ride failure

Member #
    Liked
    849 times

So as you might remember my power steering unit started going bad 1st day after arriving at Laughlin for the UTV World Championships.
    So when I get back home to Arizona, I go see Dan, owner of SinFab Industries to find out if they did extended warranty work. Learned they did which is great news. No way would I let a Stealership grease monkey change my oil, let alone work on the structure of my car.
    Dan and his team at SinFab are professionals, his "newbie" has 5 years experience. Dan contacted RPM1, learned it would take 4 days to get to the shop to "verify" and approve the needed. Dan knew most BMP driveline parts are very hard to find in the States, so he ordered the power steering unit the second day the car was in the store. As predicted, the part had to come from Canada and took over 3 weeks to arrive.
    SinFab's constant communication was appreciated. Once the part arrived they installed, did an alignment and done. My cost, zero. Extended warranty (4 years, zero deductable, $900) paid for itself already.

So after the warranty work was completed, next was the install of the 2 boxes of goodies Logan shipped me from S3 Powersports. New Shock Tower brace, Gusset kit, beefy upper / lower A Arms, Tie Rods, Sway Bar Links and all new bushings.

Got her home today, been damn near 4 weeks without my car (now I know what a "junkie" feels like). Got it unloaded and immediately headed back to the 3 7 mile track I have just south of my property line. Kept it at a respectful 5 - 10 mph on the private road shared with my couple neighbors. Took a left at the start / entrance to the track and hammer down. Got unusually squirrelly over the first couple whoops then I hit the first jump. Launched higher and further than ever before, almost to the ramp of the second jump. Side loaded the landing, came as close to humanly possible to laying it down on the drivers side. Continued on but something was wrong.
    I "assumed" the tires were "harder" than usual (because of the squirrelliness over the whoops and the landing). While walking over to the passenger side to grab my low pressure gauge, I noticed I wasted a radius rod and the left rear wheel was a "little" out of whack.
    Turns out the shop set all 4 tires at 20psi when doing the alignment. I usually run my Liberty's at 10 5psi. Probably explains the squirrelliness and the (almost uncontrollable) landing.
    FML. Next on the list was radius rods, trailing arms & plate. Looks like that timetable has been pushed up.
    At least the front end is all bulletproof now.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AZSteele; 05-23-2019 at 08:56 AM.
    '18 X3 XRC Turbo R + $$$$$$$$

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    3475 times
    DOH! In my best Homer Simpson typing.
    AZSteele and Tmesic like this.
    2017 X3 XRS, 2019 X3 XRS

November 2018 Maverick of the Month
    UTV Inc equipped twice with "EVERYTHING"!

Member #
    Liked
    202 times
    Murphy's law lol fix one end the other gets jealous.... Don't forget to tighten the loose front sway bar link lock nut!
    AZSteele likes this.
    18 X3 XRS....
    Tube frame monster manx street legal 400hp off road car...
    2010 Jeep Rubicon with dual sport set up...

4. Remove Advertisements
    MaverickForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    849 times
    Quote Originally Posted by IBjammin View Post
    Murphy's law lol fix one end the other gets jealous.... Don't forget to tighten the loose front sway bar link lock nut!
    Murphy and his f#@%ing laws have been stalking me for years.

'18 X3 XRC Turbo R + $$$$$$$$

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    4128 times
    Cut the links and sleeve them, pocket the money for Murphys cousin.
    sand shark, AZSteele and EODAZ like this.

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    What warranty did u buy?

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    4544 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSteele View Post
    So as you might remember my power steering unit started going bad 1st day after arriving at Laughlin for the UTV World Championships.
    So when I get back home to Arizona, I go see Dan, owner of SinFab Industries to find out if they did extended warranty work. Learned they did which is great news. No way would I let a Stealership grease monkey change my oil, let alone work on the structure of my car.
    Dan and his team at SinFab are professionals, his "newbie" has 5 years experience. Dan contacted RPM1, learned it would take 4 days to get to the shop to "verify" and approve the needed. Dan knew most BMP driveline parts are very hard to find in the States, so he ordered the power steering unit the second day the car was in the store. As predicted, the part had to come from Canada and took over 3 weeks to arrive.
    SinFab's constant communication was appreciated. Once the part arrived they installed, did an alignment and done. My cost, zero. Extended warranty (4 years, zero deductable, $900) paid for itself already.

So after the warranty work was completed, next was the install of the 2 boxes of goodies Logan shipped me from S3 Powersports. New Shock Tower brace, Gusset kit, beefy upper / lower A Arms, Tie Rods, Sway Bar Links and all new bushings.

Got her home today, been damn near 4 weeks without my car (now I know what a "junkie" feels like). Got it unloaded and immediately headed back to the 3 7 mile track I have just south of my property line. Kept it at a respectful 5 - 10 mph on the private road shared with my couple neighbors. Took a left at the start / entrance to the track and hammer down. Got unusually squirrelly over the first couple whoops then I hit the first jump. Launched higher and further than ever before, almost to the rank of the second jump. Side loaded the landing, came as close to humanly possible to laying it down on the drivers side. Continued on but something was wrong.
    I "assumed" the tires were "harder" than usual (because of the squirrelliness over the whoops and the landing. While walking over to the passenger side to grab my low pressure gauge, I noticed I wasted a radius rod and the left rear wheel was a "little" out of whack.
    Turns out the shop set all 4 tires at 20psi when doing the alignment. I usually run my Liberty's at 10 5psi. Probably explains the squirrelliness and the (almost uncontrollably) landing.
    FML. Next on the list was radius rods, trailing arms & plate. Looks like that timetable has been pushed up.
    At least the front end is all bulletproof now.

Quote Originally Posted by Denlinn View Post
    What warranty did u buy?
    Tim
    AZSteele likes this.
    Have a rainbowey, unicorny day.

Love Tim

Me and My RC , whats good enough for other folk ain't good enough for me.

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    4128 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Denlinn View Post
    What warranty did u buy?
    If your reading comprehension was better you would not have to ask that question. It’s ok, my friend Tim is special too.
    Tmesic, AZSteele and EODAZ like this.

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    4544 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Megadesertdiesel View Post
    If your reading comprehension was better you would not have to ask that question. It’s ok, my friend Tim is special too.
    Plus one for correct spelling of "too" .Tim
    sand shark and AZSteele like this.
    Have a rainbowey, unicorny day.

Love Tim

Me and My RC , whats good enough for other folk ain't good enough for me.

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Ya, sry...missed that in ur post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links