2020 GMC 3500's are now available to order.
Can-Am Maverick Forum - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on 2020 GMC 3500's are now available to order. within the Tow Rigs / Haulers / RVs forums, part of the MaverickForums Off-Topic category; We ordered the Denali Dually Dmax CC 4x4 with every option but the snowplow, sunroof and rear DVD yesterday. GM pulled down the website so ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SRLWOR

Thread: 2020 GMC 3500's are now available to order.

Senior Member Dive Bar Casanova's Avatar
    Member #
    Liked
    528 times

We ordered the Denali Dually Dmax CC 4x4 with every option but the snowplow, sunroof and rear DVD yesterday.
    GM pulled down the website so we weren't sure if avail to order yet but told that was because it listed the block heater that isn't available.
    Other than that, it's open for ordering.
    I know a few on here are waiting.

Almost 15% off + our next born child.

Dual batteries are standard we're told with the single 220 Alternator.
    New Step tailgate is a no extra cost option.
    All Terrain tires $140 before discount.

Other than that ya'll know the rest.
    Last edited by Dive Bar Casanova; 06-15-2019 at 02:19 PM.
    2018 X3 RS.

Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Ya got 15% off msrp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    528 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tienckb View Post
    Ya got 15% off msrp?

Yeah with a couple buyers plans they threw in but we're hearing in the some forums others are getting 16 to 18% in other parts of the country.
    Usually when our trucks are delivered other rebates and buyers incentives have kicked in by then.
    10% right off the top then a 911 responders break and others.
    Last edited by Dive Bar Casanova; 06-15-2019 at 02:18 PM.
    2018 X3 RS.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MaverickForums.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    -15% off MSRP, you better get that in writing. I find it hard to believe GM is going to discount these new HD trucks that much. Employee pricing isn’t even -15%. Supplier is roughly 6.5% discount, employee GMS -10.5%.
    If you could guarantee -15% off I’d cancel my 3500 AT4 order today and buy it at your dealership no matter what part of the country you live in.
    Last edited by SRLWOR; 06-15-2019 at 02:02 PM.
    tienckb likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    528 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SRLWOR View Post
    -15% off MSRP, you better get that in writing. I find it hard to believe GM is going to discount these new HD trucks that much. Employee pricing isn’t even -15%. Supplier is roughly 6.5% discount, employee GMS -10.5%.
    If you could guarantee -15% off I’d cancel my 3500 AT4 order today and buy it at your dealership no matter what part of the country you live in.
    Sorry but I've never bought into the employee or invoice price. I respect your right honorable opinion.
    We've alway got way below that. The dealer markup is huge. If you want to buy into what they tell you then by all means more power to you roll with it.

My point of the post they are taking orders, we went with a dealer we've bought cars, Zo6's and trucks from in the past and always got a good price. 12 to 15% and Corvettes way more discount than that.
    I'd shop around for the AT4 price if you didn't get at least 10% + buyers incentives, 911 responder discount, buyer loyalty breaks.
    I digress.
    Last edited by Dive Bar Casanova; 06-15-2019 at 02:20 PM.
    2018 X3 RS.

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    You care to share your salesman’s information? I’ll call him on Monday.

Member #
    Liked
    251 times
    they say the DMax is not available untill September
    that would be like a Aug build date
    every Dmax has always came with dual batteries
    you can bet the tailgate is only standard on a Denali
    Last edited by skidoochris; 06-15-2019 at 03:52 PM.
    17 xds, Boondocker turbo kit, Whalen 240xx tune, 3bar sensors, Powervision with AFR logging, AEM 320 fuel pump, Bosch 1200cc injectors, H&H performance clutching and custom tuning, Pro Armor 4 point harness, UMP filter, Evo v flow, fan override, razorback belt gauge, STU 1300x15 Padla comp cut, 31x15 Tribute comp cut on DWT wheels, Tensor 30x10 x14 on MSA wheels or ITP mud lite 30x12x14 on stock wheels and street legal

Member #
    Liked
    528 times
    No one likes to hear they paid too much for a vehicle so I should have just said I got a significant discount.
    I'm not going to haggle with anyone here over our net savings on the deal. On a $81K vehicle, it really isn't that much to get worked up about.
    But I will add this.

The dealer has millions of dollars in property and rolling stock on his lot. They don't make their monthly nut selling at $800 over "invoice" or what other phony piece of paper they present you with other descriptions and terms.
    Berts claim they only make $700 on an X3, then this months they are discounted $3500?? Where the hell did that come from? Can Am isn't participating.
    If the MSRP is $30K, the dealer bought it for $15K. Argue that all ya want.
    Everything else is just a piece of paper with figures printed on it they are selling you.

We read the prices were out on the new HD's so we contacted 3 GMC dealers and one Chevy dealer for a price.
    We don't like the front grill on the Chevy so we really wanted the GMC.

The first 3 were pretty close in price and offered a little less for our trade-in than the offers we got selling online.
    Then we contacted the auto group we've been doing business with for 21 years. We've bought many trucks,
    New Z06 Corvettes and other vehicles from them. We're a solid customer.

They gave us a good price on the 3500 HD and knocked it down some more for some GM offers we qualified for, and dealer loyalty.
    They mentioned probably more offers to come, but we couldn't figure than into the deal at this time. In the past they followed through and we got any news deals that pop'd up when we ink'd it.

Then they ran the VIN on our trade-in and saw that the proper maint, never wrecked and in showroom condition.
    They offered us way more than anyone else did so right there we ordered the new HD. "We'll sell it the day you trade it in" they told us. They knew it and wanted it.

The old routine Ya want to pay less for the new truck then we give you less in trade,
    or get more in trade and pay more for the truck is what you usually hear.
    This time it was pay less for the truck and we got more for the trade.

They gave us 1200 miles more to drive our trade in until the HD is delivered without affecting their deal.
    Worked out to a bit under 15% net savings off final cost compared to all other offers.

Remember that movie:
    Dan Aykroyd: "How much did you pay for the car Holk?"
    Morgan Freeman: "That's between me and the dealer"

To answer your question: "That's between me and the dealer."
    Last edited by Dive Bar Casanova; 06-16-2019 at 01:26 PM.
    2018 X3 RS.

Member #
    Liked
    30 times

I am waiting for the new HD to hit dealer showroom for a hands on inspection and test drive before I make my ultimate decision.

F350 or Denali HD 3500

Timing is not an issue, I can walk in by December for better incentives.

Nevertheless, 15% on a brand new release is not too shabby at all.

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    I could a script of that response myself
    Quote Originally Posted by Dive Bar Casanova View Post
    No one likes to hear they paid too much for a vehicle so I should have just said I got a significant discount.
    I'm not going to haggle with anyone here over our net savings on the deal. On a $81K vehicle, it really isn't that much to get worked up about.
    But I will add this.

The dealer has millions of dollars in property and rolling stock on his lot. They don't make their monthly nut selling at $800 over "invoice" or what other phony piece of paper they present you with other descriptions and terms.
    Berts claim they only make $700 on an X3, then this months they are discounted $3500?? Where the hell did that come from? Can Am isn't participating.
    If the MSRP is $30K, the dealer bought it for $15K. Argue that all ya want.
    Everything else is just a piece of paper with figures printed on it they are selling you.

We read the prices were out on the new HD's so we contacted 3 GMC dealers and one Chevy dealer for a price.
    We don't like the front grill on the Chevy so we really wanted the GMC.

The first 3 were pretty close in price and offered a little less for our trade-in than the offers we got selling online.
    Then we contacted the auto group we've been doing business with for 21 years. We've bought many trucks,
    New Z06 Corvettes and other vehicles from them. We're a solid customer.

They gave us a good price on the 3500 HD and knocked it down some more for some GM offers we qualified for, and dealer loyalty.
    They mentioned probably more offers to come, but we couldn't figure than into the deal at this time. In the past they followed through and we got any news deals that pop'd up when we ink'd it.

Then they ran the VIN on our trade-in and saw that the proper maint, never wrecked and in showroom condition.
    They offered us way more than anyone else did so right there we ordered the new HD. "We'll sell it the day you trade it in" they told us. They knew it and wanted it.

The old routine Ya want to pay less for the new truck then we give you less in trade,
    or get more in trade and pay more for the truck is what you usually hear.
    This time it was pay less for the truck and we got more for the trade.

They gave us 1200 miles more to drive our trade in until the HD is delivered without affecting their deal.
    Worked out to a bit under 15% net savings off final cost compared to all other offers.

Remember that movie:
    Dan Aykroyd: "How much did you pay for the car Holk?"
    Morgan Freeman: "That's between me and the dealer"

To answer your question: "That's between me and the dealer."

Sponsored Links