Don't shoot Wildcat XX
Can-Am Maverick Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Don't shoot Wildcat XX

This is a discussion on Don't shoot Wildcat XX within the Off-Topic forums, part of the MaverickForums Off-Topic category; Tracker Wildcat or Textron whatever it is are these machines any good? I see they are 130 HP non turbo so much less than an ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Don't shoot Wildcat XX

Member #
    Liked
    23 times

Don't shoot Wildcat XX

Tracker Wildcat or Textron whatever it is are these machines any good? I see they are 130 HP non turbo so much less than an X3 in HP but what about the rest of it suspension Etc.

One of my dealers also sells Actric Cat and they have a RG XX out front. I like the doors and the room in the cab but was wondering how good they are. I sell boat stuff and this dealer sells my boat stuff to be clear.

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    4103 times
    They are good for what they are, a NA machine. They are built like a tank, have double shear points, roomy cockpit, excellent suspension, but limited to 16" front, and 18" rear travel. If you're going to get a NA car, probably would be the one to get, IMO.
    Gundog likes this.
    2017 X3 XRS, 2019 X3 XRS

November 2018 Maverick of the Month
    UTV Inc equipped twice with "EVERYTHING"!

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    574 times
    This is a Canam forum... probably not the best place to ask. Try to get advice on Canam on RZR forum!
    2017 ​X3 XDS Triple Black with lots of red!
    Here are my forum pages:

4. Remove Advertisements
    MaverickForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeXM View Post
    This is a Canam forum... probably not the best place to ask. Try to get advice on Canam on RZR forum!
    I am looking at getting an X3 but saw this XX and wanted some info if I go to Artic Cat forum they will tell me best thing ever. It is hard to get unbiased opinions. I am more interested in chassis and suspension compared to X3. I turboed my current machine before anyone offered a turbo UTV from the factory.

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    1110 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeXM View Post
    he understands that most can am owners are good people and will give an honest opinion not like some of the cool aid drinkers on the popo forum that will tell you how fantastic his car was just before it broke into flames And tells you all is good ,just needs a wash job.
    1HasBeen, Gundog, MN Mav and 2 others like this.
    Life doesent get much better than eating taco’s down at scorpian bay ,baja sur
    2018 x3 xrs/ smart lok,rugged radios,baga design squadron pro’s,onyx6,afx alum. Lower doors,brp door handles, Evo c/d + tune, wet sounds elite 10, aim belt temp, + way too much to list need more $$ not close to being done

Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    Have read about some issues w/trans and rear diff other than that sounds like an ok machine and maybe that was an early production issue.
    2020 XRC Turbo RR

Member #
    Liked
    447 times
    Before the X3 came out I was waiting on the XX. I own a Wildcat 1000X and liked it a lot. I don't use it anymore since I bought the X3 however would be my second choice. One of my riding buddies has the XX and really likes it.
    Hollywood X3 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    The thing I don't like about the X3 is the doors and cage I bang my head unless I am very careful getting in (6'-5")and I think the doors are cheezy. The things I do like about the X3 is power and suspension. I liked the doors on the XX but I did not sit in it. I would like to ride in one to compare the ride of the X3 I have gotten to ride in a standard X3 and XDS R and the 2020 RC RR. I can build HP in the XX if the suspension is good I don't want to have to do suspension and HP. I also like the the bed area and the ability of removing it easily to work on. I will probably just go with an X3 because I don't know where I could get a ride in an XX and won't make the gamble without a test ride on the dunes.

Member #
    Liked
    190 times
    I’ve have a riding buddy who is 6’8” he has no problems getting in and out . Just celebrated his 59th bday so not a spring chicken either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    4103 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gundog View Post
    The thing I don't like about the X3 is the doors and cage I bang my head unless I am very careful getting in (6'-5")and I think the doors are cheezy. The things I do like about the X3 is power and suspension. I liked the doors on the XX but I did not sit in it. I would like to ride in one to compare the ride of the X3 I have gotten to ride in a standard X3 and XDS R and the 2020 RC RR. I can build HP in the XX if the suspension is good I don't want to have to do suspension and HP. I also like the the bed area and the ability of removing it easily to work on. I will probably just go with an X3 because I don't know where I could get a ride in an XX and won't make the gamble without a test ride on the dunes.
    If you get the X3, just go with a new aftermarket cage and doors. Problem solved.
    2017 X3 XRS, 2019 X3 XRS

November 2018 Maverick of the Month
    UTV Inc equipped twice with "EVERYTHING"!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links