Don't shoot Wildcat XX - Page 2
Can-Am Maverick Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Don't shoot Wildcat XX

This is a discussion on Don't shoot Wildcat XX within the Off-Topic forums, part of the MaverickForums Off-Topic category; I had Wildcat Trail and Sport and also was waiting and waiting for the XX. They had problems in beginning so I went with X3. ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Don't shoot Wildcat XX

Member #
    I had Wildcat Trail and Sport and also was waiting and waiting for the XX. They had problems in beginning so I went with X3. They are a heavy machine which is good for racing but they still break. RG has the lock up on accessories with Speed so there are less aftermarket companies making products for them.

Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gundog View Post
    The thing I don't like about the X3 is the doors and cage I bang my head unless I am very careful getting in (6'-5")and I think the doors are cheezy. The things I do like about the X3 is power and suspension. I liked the doors on the XX but I did not sit in it. I would like to ride in one to compare the ride of the X3 I have gotten to ride in a standard X3 and XDS R and the 2020 RC RR. I can build HP in the XX if the suspension is good I don't want to have to do suspension and HP. I also like the the bed area and the ability of removing it easily to work on. I will probably just go with an X3 because I don't know where I could get a ride in an XX and won't make the gamble without a test ride on the dunes.
    I looked at the XX the other day and noticed the bottom door jam was high and REAL hard for me to get in and out of, I'm not as tall as you but at 6'3" with a bad left knee it's a little hard for me to get in and out of the X3 but not as hard as the XX

Member #
    Also I like the x3 has hydralice lifters that save on valve adjustment cost.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MaverickForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    After reading up a little on Textron and what they are doing I don't trust them to be in the SXS business for the long term and it seems they do not support their product very well I am taking their machine off my list.
    1HasBeen likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    4068 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood X3 View Post
    If you get the X3, just go with a new aftermarket cage and doors. Problem solved.
    Most aftermarket cages are lower than stock.
    Mega made me get Skats and a tune
    Skats for life now

Thanks for the quote Tim - "Have a unicorny, rainbowey day!"

Member #
    Liked
    4068 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gundog View Post
    The thing I don't like about the X3 is the doors and cage I bang my head unless I am very careful getting in (6'-5")and I think the doors are cheezy. The things I do like about the X3 is power and suspension. I liked the doors on the XX but I did not sit in it. I would like to ride in one to compare the ride of the X3 I have gotten to ride in a standard X3 and XDS R and the 2020 RC RR. I can build HP in the XX if the suspension is good I don't want to have to do suspension and HP. I also like the the bed area and the ability of removing it easily to work on. I will probably just go with an X3 because I don't know where I could get a ride in an XX and won't make the gamble without a test ride on the dunes.
    What type of riding will you be doing? If you are desert and trails the XX is fine. If you are primarily dunes you will be disappointed with the power.
    Skats for life now

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    4103 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sand shark View Post
    Most aftermarket cages are lower than stock.
    Yeah, but most aftermarket cages aren't built until they are bought. So if he states he needs more head room, the aftermarket dealer will comply if he wants the sale. If not, he can go to another aftermarket company.
    2017 X3 XRS, 2019 X3 XRS

November 2018 Maverick of the Month
    UTV Inc equipped twice with "EVERYTHING"!

Member #
    Liked
    1131 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertdog01 View Post
    he understands that most can am owners are good people and will give an honest opinion not like some of the cool aid drinkers on the popo forum that will tell you how fantastic his car was just before it broke into flames And tells you all is good ,just needs a wash job.

Exactly!!….Couldn't agree more with this post...I'm on many sites with the different cars a own and a few of them are useless

because no one can dare mention another brand without being either banned or censored which I fine stupid...This site is by far the

best I've ever been on for being very fair and open to people speaking free or free to speak of other brands and yes ask questions

there's a lot of smart people on here that have owned other brands and can give someone guidance and help when needed...that's the

problem in this world in general right now there's way to much shutting others down and needless censoring.

JMHO!!!!
    Odyknuck likes this.
    18 yellow X3 Xds

16 Outty 1000R XT

13 Polaris 850 HO

Member #
    Liked
    4068 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood X3 View Post
    Yeah, but most aftermarket cages aren't built until they are bought. So if he states he needs more head room, the aftermarket dealer will comply if he wants the sale. If not, he can go to another aftermarket company.
    You would be surprised how many aftermarket cage builders like to stick to one style and won't do custom stuff.
    Skats for life now

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    4103 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sand shark View Post
    You would be surprised how many aftermarket cage builders like to stick to one style and won't do custom stuff.
    The ones I use do what I ask. That's why I stick with them!
    1HasBeen and sand shark like this.
    2017 X3 XRS, 2019 X3 XRS

November 2018 Maverick of the Month
    UTV Inc equipped twice with "EVERYTHING"!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links