2020 Kawasaki KRX Release Date & Expectations - Page 7
Can-Am Maverick Forum - Powered by vBulletin

2020 Kawasaki KRX Release Date & Expectations

This is a discussion on 2020 Kawasaki KRX Release Date & Expectations within the Off-Topic forums, part of the MaverickForums Off-Topic category; ? thats a good question. just a "new out of the crate" run from some joe blow at a dealership. i am unfamiliar with him, ...

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: 2020 Kawasaki KRX Release Date & Expectations

Member #
    Liked
    541 times
    ? thats a good question. just a "new out of the crate" run from some joe blow at a dealership. i am unfamiliar with him, his dealership, or his ability to know whether to run it on full power or beginner power, but i would assume he had it running and doing what it would do all out. just an assumption. with the HP to weight ratio, you would assume this would be about as fast as a RZR 1000 or slightly less. but the HP isnt harped on, everything you read they emphasize the "broad torque" and "boasts plenty of torque" also "enough torque to muscle thru anything" but i dont see a whole lot about the HP. if it rides good, and goes good, and doesnt fall apart, there will be people that will make power, engine builds, turbo kits, ect. but box stock to be as slow as it appears. I have not done a video of one i quit doing vids a few years back, but i have done an extensive amount of testing with the Arctic Cat wildcat trail with the 700 parallel twin, its no joke fast as crap for a tiny SxS, it will outrun the RZR 900S and really hurt the RZR 1000S feelings if you can get a jump on him. i would hate to see this Flagship sport SxS 113hp from Kawie get outrun in a drag race by a Arctic Cat wildcat trail 700. cause by the rate of acceleration in the video, the wildcat trail 700 would prob hurt them feelz in a drag race. thats puny in todays standings of pure performance UTVs

Member #
    Liked
    4073 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ///AIRDAM View Post
    ? thats a good question. just a "new out of the crate" run from some joe blow at a dealership. i am unfamiliar with him, his dealership, or his ability to know whether to run it on full power or beginner power, but i would assume he had it running and doing what it would do all out. just an assumption. with the HP to weight ratio, you would assume this would be about as fast as a RZR 1000 or slightly less. but the HP isnt harped on, everything you read they emphasize the "broad torque" and "boasts plenty of torque" also "enough torque to muscle thru anything" but i dont see a whole lot about the HP. if it rides good, and goes good, and doesnt fall apart, there will be people that will make power, engine builds, turbo kits, ect. but box stock to be as slow as it appears. I have not done a video of one i quit doing vids a few years back, but i have done an extensive amount of testing with the Arctic Cat wildcat trail with the 700 parallel twin, its no joke fast as crap for a tiny SxS, it will outrun the RZR 900S and really hurt the RZR 1000S feelings if you can get a jump on him. i would hate to see this Flagship sport SxS 113hp from Kawie get outrun in a drag race by a Arctic Cat wildcat trail 700. cause by the rate of acceleration in the video, the wildcat trail 700 would prob hurt them feelz in a drag race. thats puny in todays standings of pure performance UTVs
    I will hold judgement until there are more videos or I get to drive one. I just can't imagine it being that slow for a 112hp SXS and only giving it a speed limit of 68mph. Unless Kawi wants to boast they never break belts. At those speeds the belt should last forever. LOL!

It was odd that Kawi was boasting about the torque and leaves he hp number off. Yamaha and Honda give you the hp numbers.

Better get your hands on one and check out the clutching.
    sandfreak likes this.
    Mega made me get Skats and a tune
    Skats for life now

Thanks for the quote Tim - "Have a unicorny, rainbowey day!"

Member #
    Liked
    258 times
    I think it’s a good looking rig and I bet it’s stout as hell...but that video was horrifically slow...ouch!! Be interesting to see it lined up to other na models.

2018 X3 XDS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    sand shark likes this.
    2018 X3 XDS

4. Remove Advertisements
    MaverickForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    541 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sand shark View Post
    I will hold judgement until there are more videos or I get to drive one. I just can't imagine it being that slow for a 112hp SXS and only giving it a speed limit of 68mph. Unless Kawi wants to boast they never break belts. At those speeds the belt should last forever. LOL!

It was odd that Kawi was boasting about the torque and leaves he hp number off. Yamaha and Honda give you the hp numbers.

Better get your hands on one and check out the clutching.

from what i gather, it has the same primary and wet clutch assembly as the current teryx with a larger diameter secondary clutch. with the current Teryx there is a fair bit of machine work i can do to make the machine run better, springs and weights help balance the clutches out better. from the way it appeared in the video, its going to either be speed limited at 68mph, or be gear ratio limited and once the clutches upshift and gain RPM, the ecu goes into a "soft rev limiter" mode which is where it closes the throttlebody down to limit any additional RPM, which also would dictate top speed. If its gear limited the machine work i do will gain another 11% taller gear ratio, and the ability to gain about 8 more MPH or so. if its speed limited in the ECU then you will need a reflash to go faster.

i agree, they could easily be limiting the fun factor and power to help save the belt. and you are right, with that sort of speed, acceleration, and top speed, a belt will last a lot longer than if they turned the wick up.

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    1545 times
    from what i gather, it has the same primary and wet clutch assembly as the current teryx with a larger diameter secondary clutch. with the current Teryx there is a fair bit of machine work i can do to make the machine run better, springs and weights help balance the clutches out better. from the way it appeared in the video, its going to either be speed limited at 68mph, or be gear ratio limited and once the clutches upshift and gain RPM, the ecu goes into a "soft rev limiter" mode which is where it closes the throttlebody down to limit any additional RPM, which also would dictate top speed. If its gear limited the machine work i do will gain another 11% taller gear ratio, and the ability to gain about 8 more MPH or so. if its speed limited in the ECU then you will need a reflash to go faster.

i agree, they could easily be limiting the fun factor and power to help save the belt. and you are right, with that sort of speed, acceleration, and top speed, a belt will last a lot longer than if they turned the wick up.

adding a tune will not just gain the minimal 6-8hp, but the torque limiters being removed, safety's and possibly belt saver features can be modified and may show bigger improvement then we think. Anybody seen a dyno chart on this thing yet?

still, all in all not to bad for their first stab at the sport side of the sxs market
    17' triple black X3 XRS - longest lasting SxS I have ever had as it still make me smile every-time I drive it!!

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    1113 times
    Hcr already has a long travel kitout that makes it a 72” machine , I think they said they use rcv axles in the kit but they claim 1” added travel? And 1” added ground clearance , the vid I saw the bed height was just below the guys shoulder it was up there and looked pretty good also had a custom cage on it it was a good looking car
    Life doesent get much better than eating taco’s down at scorpian bay ,baja sur
    2018 x3 xrs/ smart lok,rugged radios,baga design squadron pro’s,onyx6,afx alum. Lower doors,brp door handles, Evo c/d + tune, wet sounds elite 10, aim belt temp, + way too much to list need more $$ not close to being done

Member #
    Liked
    253 times
    200+ at the crank through a wet clutch??? Pretty far fetched IMHO.

Hollywood X3 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    4073 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertdog01 View Post
    Hcr already has a long travel kitout that makes it a 72” machine , I think they said they use rcv axles in the kit but they claim 1” added travel? And 1” added ground clearance , the vid I saw the bed height was just below the guys shoulder it was up there and looked pretty good also had a custom cage on it it was a good looking car
    They threw a kit together rather quickly for a new model.
    Skats for life now

Member #
    Liked
    4073 times

I think that wet clutch set up might be the achilles heel.
    1HasBeen likes this.
    Skats for life now

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    3942 times
    With a naturally aspirated engine, tuning gains are usually minimal, especially if the factory did their job and tuned it well. Its not like a boosted engine where you can add pressure and throw more fuel at it. You can only do so much with advanced timing and fueling on an NA motor since you still have to rely on the cylinders to pull in the intake air charge. I would be very surprised if a tune got 10hp. The K&T kit is very interesting to me. That 2860 is a large turbo. So initially one would expect a ton of lag, but maybe since the motor is high compression, 11:1, it might be able to spool it somewhat quick. I still think the 170 to the wheels is overly optimistic. Otherwise, I really like the machine and other features on it. And it looks good!
    Last edited by mgrotel; 10-10-2019 at 10:10 AM.
    sand shark likes this.
    2017 X3 XRS

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Sponsored Links