New Honda 1000 4 Seat - Page 3
Can-Am Maverick Forum - Powered by vBulletin

New Honda 1000 4 Seat

This is a discussion on New Honda 1000 4 Seat within the Off-Topic forums, part of the MaverickForums Off-Topic category; Originally Posted by Hollywood X3 While I agree to a certain extent Tom, still have to go with the argument that Honda's 18" of suspension ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: New Honda 1000 4 Seat

Member #
    Liked
    167 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood X3 View Post
    While I agree to a certain extent Tom, still have to go with the argument that Honda's 18" of suspension isn't going to best the X3's 24" of suspension.

Everybody (including me) is excited with the new releases from Honda, but neither their horsepower, suspension, width, or length tops Can Am at the moment, and that's what I would look for when choosing a new car. But Honda has their legions of fans / buyers, and I'm sure we will be seeing many in Glamis this season!
    Oh, I agree 100% it's by no means a chart-topper at this point, but they have gone from zero to viable, if lesser, alternative in short order. That's where the big "if" comes in.

On Edit: I'll add that it's too bad they totally missed dune season. I'll be interested how the chassis holds up to that punishment. If they don't fold up like a cheap suit, and require all manner of gussets and braces that will be interesting.
    Last edited by 1HasBeen; 06-04-2019 at 08:22 AM.
    Hollywood X3 and EODAZ like this.

Senior Member Dive Bar Casanova's Avatar
    Member #
    Liked
    456 times
    2018 X3 RS.
    USMC Veteran

Member #
    Liked
    3530 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 1HasBeen View Post
    Well, I've gotta eat a little crow. I have been knocking Honda for all the years they have fallen so far behind, and let everyone pass them by. I never thought their long-rumored sport machine would see the light of day, let alone a four-seater and turbo in short order, but I was wrong. Looks like Big Red has finally woke up. If, and it's still a big if, Honda truly puts their full engineering will and cubic dollars into something, PoPo and Can-Am are in for a rude awakening. Again, that's a big if. Should be interesting.
    They are fully committed. You don’t announce a factory desert race program and half ass it. It will take them a season to work out the racing bugs, but it will be a competitive car.

That race Talon is basically a class 10 car with a smaller motor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1HasBeen likes this.
    Mega made me get Skats and a tune
    Skats for life now

Thanks for the quote Tim - "Have a unicorny, rainbowey day!"

4. Remove Advertisements
    MaverickForums.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    3584 times
    Doing what textron should have done. Going what AC should have done years ago. Oh well. With along travel kit, that will kill the width and travel numbers arguement with one stone.
    1HasBeen likes this.
    2017 X3 XRS

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    3584 times
    Quote Originally Posted by warlock View Post
    166 is far from 200

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Touche good sir, I am guessing you knew about the announcement today and that is the 200 (195) you were referring to.
    warlock likes this.
    2017 X3 XRS

Member #
    Liked
    3401 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mgrotel View Post
    Touche good sir, I am guessing you knew about the announcement today and that is the 200 (195) you were referring to.
    Yes, 195 hp from the factory means there will be another easy stage 1 tune to gain 20hp pretty easy.
    195 hp will walk away from 165 Hp like nothing. Lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    2018 Can Am Max X3
    POOR MANS MINI TROPHY TRUCK

SKAT-TRAK WARLOCKS THE BEST SAND TIRE EVER. 10 PADDLE XTREME BLADES STAGGERED. 104" ROLL OUT.DWT WHEELS.BLOW BY CATCH CAN.KC GRAVITY 6 LED BAR.EVO STAGE 3 TUNE.EVO CAT DELETE.EVO BIG AIR INTAKE.KWI X34 CLUTCHKIT.TRIPLE X SEATS WITH 3 PERSON REAR BENCH.GALAXY TAB A 10".2X MOTORSPORTS BUMP STEER DELETE TIE ROD KIT.2X MOTORSPORTS GUSSET KIT.WHIPTECH LED LIGHTED WHIPS.NRG Suede Steering Wheel WITH QUICKRELEASE.

Member #
    Liked
    200 times
    I think Honda has something up there sleeve for 2020 still? I noticed they didn't show a 2 seat Talon R at the reveal with the live valve shocks?

They showed a pic of a Honda Race Talon they plan on running in the desert and KOH in the production turbo class? As far as I know you need a PRODUCTION turbo car to race that class not a add on kit this is why Textron and Yamaha's have not run in that class?

Could this car be a production car in the works to compete with the X3 and Turbo S????
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    18 X3 XRS....
    Tube frame monster manx street legal 400hp off road car...
    2010 Jeep Rubicon with dual sport set up...

Member #
    Liked
    3530 times
    Quote Originally Posted by IBjammin View Post
    I think Honda has something up there sleeve for 2020 still? I noticed they didn't show a 2 seat Talon R at the reveal with the live valve shocks?

They showed a pic of a Honda Race Talon they plan on running in the desert and KOH in the production turbo class? As far as I know you need a PRODUCTION turbo car to race that class not a add on kit this is why Textron and Yamaha's have not run in that class?

Could this car be a production car in the works to compete with the X3 and Turbo S????
    The photo is just a rendering of the race talon that will be built.

My guess is the rule is going to change to allow the bolt on OEM turbo kit to count as a production turbo SXS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mega made me get Skats and a tune
    Skats for life now

Thanks for the quote Tim - "Have a unicorny, rainbowey day!"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links