Anyone running end of 2018/2018 version UTV Shocks inc.
Can-Am Maverick Forum - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on Anyone running end of 2018/2018 version UTV Shocks inc. within the UTV Shocks forums, part of the Can-am Maverick Supporting Vendors category; Anyone running the end of 2018/2019 version of UTV shock setup out at Glamis on a 2 seat X3? Any thoughts or recommendations. Was wondering ...

Like Tree9Likes
  • 4 Post By Fasrnu
  • 3 Post By norsepeak
  • 1 Post By Fasrnu
  • 1 Post By Dunedog123

Thread: Anyone running end of 2018/2018 version UTV Shocks inc.

Member #
    Liked
    13 times

Anyone running the end of 2018/2019 version of UTV shock setup out at Glamis on a 2 seat X3? Any thoughts or recommendations. Was wondering how the stack up against the competition at Glamis. Tom is supposed to be the man, with over 30 years experience in internal bypass setups. I guess their dirt set up is amazing. They are a bit more money than others, put seem to know the Fox Ips shocks. Not a mass produced setup as the other venders. My last set of shocks on my Razor from the other “vendor” were noisy as hell with clanking at drop out. I guess they are recommending Limit Straps on the Can Ams now. Supposedly with Toms set up this is not necessary. Just trying to make a more educated decision before moving forward. You can personal message if you want, or just reply here

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    I am running Tom's latest recipe and my BIL is running ST golds. My wife has ridden in both cars and she said hands down ours performs better on 2' whooped out tight turn desert track. One way down on sand, and one way back on hard pack. My BIL said his are night and day improvement. Mine are night and day as well. The trails I was hitting were uncomfortable stock and at 40 I feel I was pushing the limits of the car and myself. On my third run tuned I was at 55 and just starting to pucker a bit on some off cambered 4' rises that drop off fairly sharp and make a hard turn left (while you are on two wheels) the vehicle tracked and corrected as soon as all tires were back on the ground. I am running limit straps ONLY because they came with my shock brace but I have to add that I am also running bump steer delete, tie rods, upper and lower arms, Keller joints and big brakes. So the car is better sorted all around. You mentioned Tom is slightly higher priced. When you price cars, Infinity is slightly higher priced than Nissan. Same car with refinements. Your talking a few hundred bucks, not worth compromising. Hope this helps.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    196 times
    I just had Tom do my X3 shocks. I’m supposed to get them back today. I can’t wait to try them out after a bad experience with a different shock tuner.

I must say, I have never dealt with nicer guys than Tom and Gary! I did a bunch of research before I “drank the koolaid” of another shock tuner, as my first experience was an absolute train wreck. My research told me these guys know their stuff. Tom told me he was making internal bypass shocks himself before Fox even made any.

I shipped my shocks to Tom on a Monday....he received them on Thursday, worked on them on the weekend, and shipped them back to me on Monday, and tracking says they will arrive today. Talk about customer service!

Yes they are a tiny bit more in cost compared to the other guys, (about the same as ST), but after researching I have seen a few negative reviews on most shock tuners......except for UTV Shocks. I found nothing but praise from everyone who posted their experiences. You get what you pay for, and I’m expecting an awesome ride from all the reviews I’ve read about them.

I will post a review after I get them on the car and go out riding.....which hopefully will be soon.
    mgrotel, warlock, Tmesic and 1 others like this.
    2019 X3 XRS

Reflector delete and a couple other mods.......

4. Remove Advertisements
    MaverickForums.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    3649 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasrnu View Post
    I just had Tom do my X3 shocks. I’m supposed to get them back today. I can’t wait to try them out after a bad experience with a different shock tuner.

I must say, I have never dealt with nicer guys than Tom and Gary! I did a bunch of research before I “drank the koolaid” of another shock tuner, as my first experience was an absolute train wreck. My research told me these guys know their stuff. Tom told me he was making internal bypass shocks himself before Fox even made any.

I shipped my shocks to Tom on a Monday....he received them on Thursday, worked on them on the weekend, and shipped them back to me on Monday, and tracking says they will arrive today. Talk about customer service!

Yes they are a tiny bit more in cost compared to the other guys, (about the same as ST), but after researching I have seen a few negative reviews on most shock tuners......except for UTV Shocks. I found nothing but praise from everyone who posted their experiences. You get what you pay for, and I’m expecting an awesome ride from all the reviews I’ve read about them.

I will post a review after I get them on the car and go out riding.....which hopefully will be soon.
    Good deal!
    2017 X3 XRS

Member #
    Liked
    182 times
    Just got my shocks back from Tom on Thursday. Best customer service I've had so far. Tom returns emails promptly, takes phone calls and answers all questions with actual knowledgeable answers and doesn't talk down to you. His turnaround time is fast too. He even found some factory parts were missing in one of my shocks and he sent me pics of the issue and repaired it for free. Only have one little ride on them so far and I can already feel a huge difference. Going to really beat on them this next week and looking forward to it! Call Tom and get it done, he's the best.
    1HasBeen, Fasrnu and warlock like this.
    2018 X3 XRS
    Superwinch 4500, EMP winch mount, Torq locker, Bentmetal vented windshield, S 3 pull plate, DMX soft doors, Tribal whips, Velocity intake, Cat delete, Custom heater, Can Am storage box, rear window and lower doors.

ATV parts and Accs.
    Rugged Class Outfitters
    Metal Fab work
    4WD and Diesel parts and Accs.

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    196 times
    Got my shocks on and just riding around my property I can feel a HUGE difference. I received the shocks on Thursday and with shipping time from Oregon to So Cal and back it was only 10 days total, including Tom working his magic.

I had the previous shock tuner trade me his "God Awful WAY over sprung" Eibachs for some Pro UTV Stage II Eibachs, so I already had the springs. To save shipping costs I just sent Tom the shocks minus the springs and he set all the collars where they needed to be. I just had to install the springs and gas the shocks. I had Tom just put a small amount of gas in them so he could compress them to ship and save me on some of the shipping cost.

Tom's packaging is awesome and no need to worry about damage getting back to you.

Name:  DSC_0673.JPG
Views: 43
Size:  1.98 MB
    Name:  DSC_0675.JPG
Views: 42
Size:  2.44 MB
    Name:  DSC_0676.JPG
Views: 48
Size:  2.56 MB

Since I have a nitrogen gas set-up it was nice to ship so compact and then I just filled them up to 100 psi. ONE OF THE COOLEST THINGS TOM DOES IS REPLACE THE STUPID HYPODERMIC NEEDLE GAS FILL BLADDERS WITH ACTUAL SCHRADER VALVES FOR SHOCK GASSING. I never understood why Fox did this but I have my suspicions. I think some people are clueless and think they take regular air....maybe too many problems?

For people who don't know, in the picture I show filling the shock and it is not fully extended yet. Before final filling to 100 psi you must make sure the shock is fully extended, otherwise you'll be low on your pressure.

Name:  DSC_0679.JPG
Views: 40
Size:  2.61 MB

SO nice seeing an actual Schrader Valve on my bypass tubes!!

Name:  DSC_0682.JPG
Views: 43
Size:  2.58 MB
    Last edited by Fasrnu; 04-20-2019 at 02:54 PM.
    DesertTarantula likes this.
    2019 X3 XRS

Reflector delete and a couple other mods.......

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    My shocks are at Toms now. Looking forward to the end result. While the car is up on jacks, I figured it it a good time to replace the lower a arms with something stronger. Ordered a set CT Raceworks chromoly tubular arms all tig welded and Race Tie rods. I will report back with my results, when I am able to get her put back together and find time to ride test.
    DesertTarantula likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    581 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasrnu View Post
    SO nice seeing an actual Schrader Valve on my bypass tubes!!
    I am pretty sure you already know this, but the Schrader valve is on the reservoir not the bypass tubes.

I also have Tom's latest valving and it is very close to perfection.
    It is going to get tougher and tougher for them to make improvements.
    You will find that the shocks are sensitive on the chop but very hard to bottom out.
    2019 X3 XRS black, de-stickered, scraper delete, shocks reworked by Tom Morris, pwrTune PV3 stage 3, DJ clutch kit, S&B particle separator, Evo V-Flow, custom exhaust made by myself, Maxxis Liberty 32/10R15 tires on 15x7" OMF non-beadlock wheels.

Member #
    Liked
    418 times
    I also have the most current setup and as Scott said it is near perfection for what I ride . I haven't had it in the dunes so no comment to how they work there. I have about 500 miles on mine and with over 40+ years offroad I have never experienced suspension this good and I have my suspension professionally done on every machine I purchase. The most amazing thing is how soft and supple it is over chop and embedded rocks but still very planted in turns with a very good resistance to bottoming( I have never bottomed it out ). I have never been in a Shock Therapy car but I don't see how it can be better although it may be as good IDK.

Sponsored Links