Installed accessories on Trail with pics.
Can-Am Maverick Forum - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on Installed accessories on Trail with pics. within the Maverick Trail forums, part of the Can-Am Maverick Forums category; I just installed the following last night: Glass windshield, sport roof, soft back, Wetsounds 10 bar, Wetsounds AS-6 sub, front rack. I live in NE ...

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Installed accessories on Trail with pics.

Member #
    Liked
    36 times

I just installed the following last night: Glass windshield, sport roof, soft back, Wetsounds 10 bar, Wetsounds AS-6 sub, front rack.

I live in NE MN where it gets pretty cold so when I saw the Trail come out with the engine in the back, I thought this could be quite the nice little winter cruiser when cabbed up, so I went for it. Before installing, I printed out all the instructions from the web and made sure I had everything I needed as far as tools.

I installed the soundbar, sub and front rack first. To do both these installs, you need to take some front plastic pieces apart so I open up the front plastic panels and tackled those two projects first. I bought the Can-Am mount for a wetsounds bar. That install requires installing 2 threaded inserts into the roll bar. I didn't have a 6mm mandrel, so we tapped the 6mm threads to 1/4-20. For the sub, I just plopped it in the glove box! I had to make a couple cuts in the box, but after that, well, it fits like a glove! . The front rack is easy and installed fine.

The windshield, roof and soft back installs went exactly as the instructions said and were pretty easy. That soft back snugs up really nice against the roll bar and I was pretty impressed with the way it came together.

I was able to get out for a quick ride last night and I really like it. Visibility was a concern when we were mounting sound bar, but after going for a ride, I didn't even notice it. I'm 6'1" and had no visibility issues at all. I'm also surprised at how well you can see out the back window when using the mirror.

Just a quick note on the sound bar. I didn't really want a 10, I wanted a 6, but I wanted to keep my purchase local and I couldn't get a 6 in black, so they gave me a little deal on the 10. I went with the Wetsounds sub because I wanted an easy plug-n-play set up that works out of the box. The reason for the sub is I need a little bump in my music or I'd rather have no music at all. Its a spendy combo when you're all done, but the ease of use and install are worth it for me. The sound is fantastic and you can "feel" the sub bumping away in the whole cab.

I still have the soft door uppers to install to full cab it up. I'm holding off on that install until I select and install a heater because a fully cabbed buggy with no defroster is a nightmare. I just read the instructions on the door uppers and it says "install before windshield" Looks like I'll be pulling some of my work apart in the near future! lol.
    Attached Images Attached Images         

Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar280 View Post
    I just installed the following last night: Glass windshield, sport roof, soft back, Wetsounds 10 bar, Wetsounds AS-6 sub, front rack.

I live in NE MN where it gets pretty cold so when I saw the Trail come out with the engine in the back, I thought this could be quite the nice little winter cruiser when cabbed up, so I went for it. Before installing, I printed out all the instructions from the web and made sure I had everything I needed as far as tools.

I installed the soundbar, sub and front rack first. To do both these installs, you need to take some front plastic pieces apart so I open up the front plastic panels and tackled those two projects first. I bought the Can-Am mount for a wetsounds bar. That install requires installing 2 threaded inserts into the roll bar. I didn't have a 6mm mandrel, so we tapped the 6mm threads to 1/4-20. For the sub, I just plopped it in the glove box! I had to make a couple cuts in the box, but after that, well, it fits like a glove! . The front rack is easy and installed fine.

The windshield, roof and soft back installs went exactly as the instructions said and were pretty easy. That soft back snugs up really nice against the roll bar and I was pretty impressed with the way it came together.

I was able to get out for a quick ride last night and I really like it. Visibility was a concern when we were mounting sound bar, but after going for a ride, I didn't even notice it. I'm 6'1" and had no visibility issues at all. I'm also surprised at how well you can see out the back window when using the mirror.

Just a quick note on the sound bar. I didn't really want a 10, I wanted a 6, but I wanted to keep my purchase local and I couldn't get a 6 in black, so they gave me a little deal on the 10. I went with the Wetsounds sub because I wanted an easy plug-n-play set up that works out of the box. The reason for the sub is I need a little bump in my music or I'd rather have no music at all. Its a spendy combo when you're all done, but the ease of use and install are worth it for me. The sound is fantastic and you can "feel" the sub bumping away in the whole cab.

I still have the soft door uppers to install to full cab it up. I'm holding off on that install until I select and install a heater because a fully cabbed buggy with no defroster is a nightmare. I just read the instructions on the door uppers and it says "install before windshield" Looks like I'll be pulling some of my work apart in the near future! lol.
    Damn pics are correct on desktop but upside down on Tapatalk, go figure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    I really like the looks of the front rack ! I pulled my rack out of the box last night and kind of held it in place just to get a look at it. I think it looks awesome. I've planned on mounting my Rotopax on the front rack, I just hope it doesn't end up being too tall.
    2018 Maverick Trail 1000 DPS

4. Remove Advertisements
    MaverickForums.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    4649 times
    Coming along nicely.

I always find it interesting how different the uses are and the way they are setup for different parts of the country. Tim
    Oscar280 and Kong like this.
    Have a rainbowey, unicorny day.

Love Tim

Me and My RC , whats good enough for other folk ain't good enough for me.

Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    Quote Originally Posted by the_transporter View Post
    I really like the looks of the front rack ! I pulled my rack out of the box last night and kind of held it in place just to get a look at it. I think it looks awesome. I've planned on mounting my Rotopax on the front rack, I just hope it doesn't end up being too tall.
    I️ forgot to add: the instructions say there are 4 bolts to take off each side of the 2 front plastic pieces. There were 6 per side on mine. After taking out the 4, stuff still didn’t come apart. Some detective work was needed to find another bolt inside the fender, up near the headlight. A torx bit on a 1/4 or 3/8 ratchet gets to it just fine.

Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar280 View Post
    I️ forgot to add: the instructions say there are 4 bolts to take off each side of the 2 front plastic pieces. There were 6 per side on mine. After taking out the 4, stuff still didn?t come apart. Some detective work was needed to find another bolt inside the fender, up near the headlight. A torx bit on a 1/4 or 3/8 ratchet gets to it just fine.

Thanks for the heads up.

Member #
    Liked
    36 times

Here’s a quick video of the audio. If you play this clip on something with a little bass capability, you’ll hear how strong it is. I️ replayed in my truck and it was thumping!

Last edited by Oscar280; 11-08-2017 at 10:08 AM.
    TheGateKeeper likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    Sounds awesome ! How do you like the roof ? If you wanted to take it off for a day how hard would it be ? I just installed the Bimini Roof last night on mine because I wanted something easily converted to roof vs no roof, but it's not quite what I hoped it would be. I wish it went further foreward and less "back". But looking at your roof it doesn't go too far foreward either.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Member #
    How do you like the glass windshield? Do you find that it obstructs the view very much? I know a lot of the glass windshields have a large black border, but the can am glass windshield looked like the black border was smaller.

Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    Sounds awesome ! How do you like the roof ? If you wanted to take it off for a day how hard would it be ? I just installed the Bimini Roof last night on mine because I wanted something easily converted to roof vs no roof, but it's not quite what I hoped it would be. I wish it went further foreward and less "back". But looking at your roof it doesn't go too far foreward either.
    I️ don’t think it would be too bad to take off. It’s 4 bolts and six little screws. I’d be worried about mucking up the weather stripping if I️ did it often. It’s not something I’d be interested in doing, but definitely not hard.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links