accessory add ons for my maverick trail - i'm sure this is common but could not find any clear posts or answers.
Can-Am Maverick Forum - Powered by vBulletin

accessory add ons for my maverick trail - i'm sure this is common but could not find any clear posts or answers.

This is a discussion on accessory add ons for my maverick trail - i'm sure this is common but could not find any clear posts or answers. within the Maverick Trail forums, part of the Can-Am Maverick Forums category; Hi! I have a 2018 can am maverick trail 1000. I'm looking to add a decent sound system with a touch screen, winch, light bars, ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By nbr013

Thread: accessory add ons for my maverick trail - i'm sure this is common but could not find any clear posts or answers.

Member #

Hi! I have a 2018 can am maverick trail 1000.

I'm looking to add a decent sound system with a touch screen, winch, light bars, flood lights, etc.

Long story short, was thinking about upgrading this weekend to an XMR turbo that was pre loaded.... but decided not to.
    I'm very new to the UTV world and have automotive knowledge. I know how a stator operates, just not sure the one on the trail will be able to handle all of these accessories. I know it will depend on amperage and draw, etc.

Generally speaking i really don't know if i like the reliability of an isolator and 2 batteries. Is there an option to upgrade the stator to handle charging two batteries for this rig?
    I would be using the lights and sound system very frequently, in fact probably most of the time. I don't feel comfortable with needing to turn off accessories to run the winch if needed as well. Not really sure on how i should go about this or proceed. "In an ideal or perfect world" I would like my maverick to handle charging two batteries and run the sound system, winch, lighting without any concern on battery drainage. Most of the voyages are going to be in the middle of no where and possibly after dark. Would try to eliminate the worry of running out of power.

Also, this UTV has tipped on me twice, is completely factory. Well, tipped on my friend when he borrowed it and just tipped on me this weekend whipping a S*****. Ideas on stabilizing this thing a bit more? I like to have fun, but honestly i wasn't that aggressive with it for it to tip. Wider wheels/tires? Stiffer suspension?

Thoughts, ideas, suggestions? Maybe some links to threads on some builds?

Thank you

Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    No idea about the sound system and electrical questions. As far as tipping and stability. Only issues I've had is doing donuts. So....no more donuts. Pick your lines more like an ATV than a bigger side x side. Ride and experiment. Search removing the front sway bar. Endless talks about this. Mines been off for over 1400 miles. Not going back on. Slightly wider tires help. I run Sedona Mud Rebels RT 28-10-14 on Raceline beadlock 14x7 wheels with 5+2 offset. With the sway bar off and my tire/wheel setup stability greatly improved. This is extreme for most people but I have plans for this machine. I changed to Elka Stage 5 shocks. Stability at higher speeds is awesome. Crawling or slow gained slight improvement. Wheel spacers might help you too. Depends on how wide you want to go. Endless discussions on spacers too. Search here and on the Trail Sport Facebook page.

I ride with wider machines. There isn't anything they can do that I can't. Except donuts and sometimes I pick another line.
    DesertTarantula likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    93 times
    Welcome to the Maverick Forums! This being your first post, don't be surprised if a moderator moves this to Member Intros - despite the topic title.

Seems you asked questions without doing much reading of prior topics within the MavT subforum. I could provide some links to related threads but better to do your homework first. Yes, topics on audio, batteries, winches, lights, stability and much more. The only aspect I'll comment on at this point is WRT planned budget for audio equipment and expectations on that. You're driving a "sound system" which produces a lot of decibels.
    2018 MavT DPS 1000

4. Remove Advertisements
    MaverickForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM11951 View Post
    Hi! I have a 2018 can am maverick trail 1000.

I'm looking to add a decent sound system with a touch screen, winch, light bars, flood lights, etc.

Long story short, was thinking about upgrading this weekend to an XMR turbo that was pre loaded.... but decided not to.
    I'm very new to the UTV world and have automotive knowledge. I know how a stator operates, just not sure the one on the trail will be able to handle all of these accessories. I know it will depend on amperage and draw, etc.

Generally speaking i really don't know if i like the reliability of an isolator and 2 batteries. Is there an option to upgrade the stator to handle charging two batteries for this rig?
    I would be using the lights and sound system very frequently, in fact probably most of the time. I don't feel comfortable with needing to turn off accessories to run the winch if needed as well. Not really sure on how i should go about this or proceed. "In an ideal or perfect world" I would like my maverick to handle charging two batteries and run the sound system, winch, lighting without any concern on battery drainage. Most of the voyages are going to be in the middle of no where and possibly after dark. Would try to eliminate the worry of running out of power.

Also, this UTV has tipped on me twice, is completely factory. Well, tipped on my friend when he borrowed it and just tipped on me this weekend whipping a S*****. Ideas on stabilizing this thing a bit more? I like to have fun, but honestly i wasn't that aggressive with it for it to tip. Wider wheels/tires? Stiffer suspension?

Thoughts, ideas, suggestions? Maybe some links to threads on some builds?

Thank you
    Hello and welcome!

In regards to your question on the stator and dual batteries, I had the same concern before I installed my setup. I had a few utv folks respond saying they did not run into any issues with their isolator, so I went ahead and purchased this: WirthCo 20092 150 Amp Battery Isolator from Amazon.

So far it's working fine, but the real test is next week, when I'm taking my rig up north a few 100km into the Bush. I'll report back if it causes any issues.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links