New owner questions
Can-Am Maverick Forum - Powered by vBulletin

New owner questions

This is a discussion on New owner questions within the Maverick X3 Max forums, part of the Can-Am Maverick Forums category; I pick up my new 2019 X3 Max tomorrow. Having OEM hard roof and windshield installed at dealer. First time owner/driver. Will ultimately be using ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: New owner questions

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

New owner questions

I pick up my new 2019 X3 Max tomorrow. Having OEM hard roof and windshield installed at dealer. First time owner/driver. Will ultimately be using on steep, rocky trails (Colorado west of Denver, after I get some experience with it). What are my “must have” accessories, and what’s your best advice for a new guy? Thanks!

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    1124 times
    First thing is get a wheel bearing greaser and grease your bearings #2 set your ride height, suspension preload it is low from the factory good guideline is the fox racing settings , you get a pretty good ride with it for a stock set up, if you plan on any night rides get some Baja design lights a couple on the a pillars and the shock mount 10” is plenty of lite , also good to get a first aid kit, fire extinguisher, tow strap, and some tools just in case also get a spare belt to carry with you just incase
    Meflyjets likes this.
    Life doesent get much better than eating taco’s down at scorpian bay ,baja sur
    2018 x3 xrs/ smart lok,rugged radios,baga design squadron pro’s,onyx6,afx alum. Lower doors,brp door handles, Evo c/d + tune, wet sounds elite 10, aim belt temp, + way too much to list need more $$ not close to being done

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    1124 times
    Forgot to say welcome to the forum enjoy the new ride , just cruz around the forum you'll get all kinds of ideas of things you didn't know that you need ,
    Meflyjets likes this.
    Life doesent get much better than eating taco’s down at scorpian bay ,baja sur
    2018 x3 xrs/ smart lok,rugged radios,baga design squadron pro’s,onyx6,afx alum. Lower doors,brp door handles, Evo c/d + tune, wet sounds elite 10, aim belt temp, + way too much to list need more $$ not close to being done

4. Remove Advertisements
    MaverickForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    199 times
    Welcome to the forum and the addiction!! I would also suggest a winch and a good front bumper. The front ends are weak so I also bought a gusset kit and a front shocks brace, all from CT Raceworx.
    Meflyjets likes this.

Supporting Vendor
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    127 times
    Meflyjets likes this.

Made by Enthusiasts for Enthusiasts

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Desert somewhere between Wickenburg & Surprise Arizona
    Member #
    Liked
    1390 times
    Welcome to the madness. Keep that wallet handy, you've just begun spending $$$

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    BlackMarketUTV and Meflyjets like this.
    '18 X3 XRC Turbo R + $$$$$$$$

Member #
    Liked
    73 times
    +1 on wheel bearing grease tool and grease bearings as well as all chassis grease points.

Set Ride height, I would go 1" above Fox settings at loaded weight to start with. It will settle over time and you'll need to readjust.

Break in machine and belt, I swapped on my spare belt at 400 miles and broke that in, now I have a broke in belt to install if I smoke this one.

Go over as many fasteners as you can and check torque. Sway Bar End Links are super common loose items, Control arm bolts can have serious consequences if run loose.
    I found my rear shock resivior clamps loose and missing some hardware.

I added as many factory storage items as I could... Upper and lower door bags, center console, overhead, tablet holder, Not alot of storage spots on the 2 door.

Depending upon your riding style and area you'll want a windshield or helmet(s). If it's hot and dusty like here in the high desert, no windshield and helmet works best. Windshield gets covered with dust and glare and makes the cabin way too hot.
    No windshield allows fresh air to keep you cool and the dust blows straight through. I use motocross helmet and googles, If I ever replace it I'll probably try a modular full face helmet with a flip up chin guard and visor.
    In the colder months a windshield really helps keep warmer but still gets covered quickly. Glass windshield with wiper and sprayer would be ideal.

Other things I appreciate that I've added are Sizemik mirrors, rockblox mudflaps and rock deflectors, Ryfab XL Storage box, Tilting tire rack and spare tire, S&B particle seperator, lithium jump box, small air compressor or CO2 tank, first aid kit, fire extinguisher, shovel/hatchet/entrenching tool, tool kit, chainsaw, tree saver, tow strap, winch remote, VHF comm and intercom, Tablet with gps and avenza maps....

On the bench for install is front gusset and shock brace, limit straps and front swaybar delete, and more lights.

On the future list is EVO stage 3 or 4 tune, shock revalving, rear swaybar disconnect...
    AZSteele and Hollywood X3 like this.
    2019 RC Turbo R
    Rockblokz, Quick Shift Gate, RCI Radio/intercom, ST Limit straps, S3 Shock Tower Brace and Gussets, Rotopax fuel storage, Tablet for GPS, Pivoting rack, Ryfab box, Siezmik Mirrors, Particle Separator, Some other stuff...
    Also....
    '06 Summit 800 151, '06 Renegade 600 SDI 144, Raptor 700, '14 Outlander 650
    '86 Vanagon Syncro Camper w/ subbie 2.5 4x4 and locker
    '00 F350 CC LB 4x4 7.3
    '06 Outback XT Turbo
    '02 Tacoma 3.4 4x4 DCSB E Locker Warn xp9500
    '69 Mustang Coupe 351C Basket case

Member #
    Liked
    1133 times
    Welcome to the site and like Desertdog said... GREASE THOSE WHEEL BEARINGS.
    18 yellow X3 Xds

16 Outty 1000R XT

13 Polaris 850 HO

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Desert somewhere between Wickenburg & Surprise Arizona
    Member #
    Liked
    1390 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kbeefy View Post
    +1 on wheel bearing grease tool and grease bearings as well as all chassis grease points.

Set Ride height, I would go 1" above Fox settings at loaded weight to start with. It will settle over time and you'll need to readjust.

Break in machine and belt, I swapped on my spare belt at 400 miles and broke that in, now I have a broke in belt to install if I smoke this one.

Go over as many fasteners as you can and check torque. Sway Bar End Links are super common loose items, Control arm bolts can have serious consequences if run loose.
    I found my rear shock resivior clamps loose and missing some hardware.

I added as many factory storage items as I could... Upper and lower door bags, center console, overhead, tablet holder, Not alot of storage spots on the 2 door.

Depending upon your riding style and area you'll want a windshield or helmet(s). If it's hot and dusty like here in the high desert, no windshield and helmet works best. Windshield gets covered with dust and glare and makes the cabin way too hot.
    No windshield allows fresh air to keep you cool and the dust blows straight through. I use motocross helmet and googles, If I ever replace it I'll probably try a modular full face helmet with a flip up chin guard and visor.
    In the colder months a windshield really helps keep warmer but still gets covered quickly. Glass windshield with wiper and sprayer would be ideal.

Other things I appreciate that I've added are Sizemik mirrors, rockblox mudflaps and rock deflectors, Ryfab XL Storage box, Tilting tire rack and spare tire, S&B particle seperator, lithium jump box, small air compressor or CO2 tank, first aid kit, fire extinguisher, shovel/hatchet/entrenching tool, tool kit, chainsaw, tree saver, tow strap, winch remote, VHF comm and intercom, Tablet with gps and avenza maps....

On the bench for install is front gusset and shock brace, limit straps and front swaybar delete, and more lights.

On the future list is EVO stage 3 or 4 tune, shock revalving, rear swaybar disconnect...
    One of the best, informative Welcome to the Forum replies I've ever read.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Meflyjets likes this.
    '18 X3 XRC Turbo R + $$$$$$$$

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    4137 times
    Welcome from Tucson AZ, congrats. Great advice given, use it.
    2017 X3 XRS, 2019 X3 XRS

November 2018 Maverick of the Month
    UTV Inc equipped twice with "EVERYTHING"!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links