X3 Suspension Set Up, "The Suspension Guy"
Can-Am Maverick Forum - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on X3 Suspension Set Up, "The Suspension Guy" within the The Suspension Guy forums, part of the Can-am Maverick Supporting Vendors category; I have been, and will be driving and fine tuning the X3 rs, and Ds models over the next month putting together recipes to fit ...

Page 1 of 100 1231151 ... LastLast
Like Tree516Likes

Thread: X3 Suspension Set Up, "The Suspension Guy"

Supporting Vendor
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    585 times

I have been, and will be driving and fine tuning the X3 rs, and Ds models over the next month putting together recipes to fit owners styles so you can get the most out of your new x3.

From just tweeking the stock equipment, to changing a few springs to fit your ride, Plus revalving to get a little more adjustment out of the shocks.

We feel the stock valving can, and should be a little more plush for the recreational owner. I tend to valve to give a wider spectrum of soft and firm. You CAN have both with these shocks to be softer in the beginning and firmer on the end stroke where you need it most.
    Shoot your suspension questions to me and I will try and answer them best I can? As well as help you tweek your own vehicle to fit your style. One size (set up) does not usually fit all.

Ed

Member #
    Liked
    290 times
    Ok, you asked for it. LOL. I run mostly desert and Moab. No dunes. Car is a little harsh like you alluded. BTW, mine is the XRS. On the rear. I raised the rings on the secondary springs, (not the preload) about an inch and backed the compression dampening, high and low speed to around 1 full turn from full soft. Front I did not do anything except adjust the compression the same as the rear. It is a little plusher. Any magic tricks to these new Foxes?

Sam

Member #
    Liked
    3574 times
    My high and low speed on my XRS are full soft right now. I need to move the crossovers up on all shocks I think.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MaverickForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Ed,
    We Have a new X3 DS. We are primarily Glamis Duners. We spent 2 hours with Fox and Can Am over this last weekend attempting to dial in the suspension. We are running 30" Sand Wedge paddles on rear, with Sand Wedge razors on front. We were experience an immense amount of bucking on the big woops up Oldsmobile at any speed. Fox said the suspension was set too low from the factory, and raised it 2" all the way around. The ride became stiffer and little better but still inadequate. They told me to work on tweaking the rebound on rear. I adjusted it all the way in and out In intervals with testing. STILL NO GOOD!
    Fox is blaming the tires. I will add one more piece to this. I spoke with a lot of people at the RZR Fest that were running the same tires and loved them with no issues. Some did say that the valving in the shocks needed changed to improve the ride.
    We have only owned LS Sand Cars until this (which ride great). Am I expecting too much?
    1aznat likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    3574 times
    Why are people raising the ride height? I haven't messed with the crossover yet but with both high and low speed compression set to full soft, I floated through whoops at the bottom of the hill in Utah pretty well
    Loretano likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Fox was the ones who said that the shocks were set up too low. They changed several cars suspension during the week.
    They say that CanAm wanted the cars lower then they originally set them up.
    It was worse when I started so it did improve it.
    They also readjusted the crossover rate.

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    1343 times
    At stock height I was bottoming out the rear shocks really bad on my XDS last weekend in the big whoops up Comp Hill at Sand Mtn NV. It didn't matter what I did to the compression or rebound settings it would still bottom out bad. I plan to add some preload as has been mentioned next time out.

Member #
    Liked
    281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman_73 View Post
    At stock height I was bottoming out the rear shocks really bad on my XDS last weekend in the big whoops up Comp Hill at Sand Mtn NV. It didn't matter what I did to the compression or rebound settings it would still bottom out bad. I plan to add some preload as has been mentioned next time out.
    After demo'ing the machine at sand mountain last month, my biggest complaint with the XDs was exactly this

Member #
    Liked
    216 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman_73 View Post
    I had mine at original height and original factory settings (verified) plus two clicks stiffer on the low speed on the rear and didn't have any issue with bottoming out shooting Oldsmobile. The factory rebound was too loose and it was springing up quiet a bit. Two clicks tighter on the rear calmed the rebound issues.

The next day Fox set my shocks and significantly altered my ride height. All valving was set in the middle. I had to go softer a 1/2 turn on all four corners with the high speed and 3 clicks softer on the rear to get it to finally touch bottom on hard G outs.

It's weird that our identical shocks are performing that much differently. I'd be curious to know if your's and mine are shimmed the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    mrchicken likes this.
    2018 X3 XRS
    Adrenalin Motorsports
    Casa Grande, AZ

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I will give it a try. As I mentioned in earlier thread, fox blamed it on the paddles I am running. What tires are you running? I should mention that on the last day I went back to the stock wheels and tires with almost the same results. (Fox is wrong)
    I did no adjustments myself except for rebound on rear.

Page 1 of 100 1231151 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links