X3 Suspension Set Up, "The Suspension Guy" - Page 102
Can-Am Maverick Forum - Powered by vBulletin

X3 Suspension Set Up, "The Suspension Guy"

This is a discussion on X3 Suspension Set Up, "The Suspension Guy" within the The Suspension Guy forums, part of the Can-am Maverick Supporting Vendors category; DustinzXRS, On your rear shocks, the very top coil spring is called a "tender spring" The front Suspension doesn't have the tender springs. Those tender ...

Page 102 of 104 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104 LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1035
Like Tree552Likes

Thread: X3 Suspension Set Up, "The Suspension Guy"

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    DustinzXRS,

On your rear shocks, the very top coil spring is called a "tender spring" The front Suspension doesn't have the tender springs. Those tender springs only have one job to do and that is to keep all the coil springs taught on that shock during full extinction. To me the tender spring will always be compressed with the car on the ground.

As I read your post Im also looking at your pics. I am no expert by any means and i am just going off of what was posted here from other people and what Pound Sand has also said.
    So with that, from the top of shock working down ward to the tire.
    Shock cap- very top of shock, at the bottom of that cap is usually used as a reference to start measurements sometimes.
    Coil adjusting nut (preload nut)- used to compress the spring coils, doing adjustments will raise or lower the car from the ground.
    Tender spring (rear shocks)- used to keep the coils springs (primary and secondary coils) taught during full expansion on the shock.
    Secondary coil spring (top coil on front shocks, middle coil on rear shocks)- used to get plush ride.
    Crossover stoping nut- during big G outs this nut stops the secondary coil from compressing and it makes the primary coil to start working harder.
    Dual rate slider- this is what separates the primary and secondary coils. this is also what makes contact with the crossover stoping nut.
    Primary Coil Spring (bottom coil on front and rear shocks)- the heavy hit coil. Used to keep car from bottoming out.

Set your ride height with about 1" higher clearance on your front end compared to the rear end.
    After you set your ride height you can now set your crossover (insert the individualizing here) to your ride style. Pound sand seems to be saying about 1 1/2" to 2" from the "duel rate slider"
    Also remember that the more you use the "coil adjusting nut" downward away from the shock cap, the more ridged your ride gets in cognition with the "crossover nut"
    The higher you are off the ground with the crossover close to the Duel rate slider you lose a lot of your plush Suspension.
    The more you back off the coil adjusting nut you get closer to the ground for a plusher ride in cognition with the crossover also being towards the shock cap.
    I hope this didn't get you all jacked up but after reading this post all the way through I am guessing I have some idea.
    Also, keep in mind that everyones ride styles are different and everyones cars are different. That is why this post is so long. everyone is trying to figure out what Pound Sand is talking about for the masses. And Pound Sand is talking individual styles.
    AZSteele likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    That nose dive issue is frustrating. Love my X3 but since I spent lots of time in the air, my car is in a big risk always.

Saw on Reflex Instagram that they just released something to solve the nose dive issue -> https://www.reflexbe.com/products/vi...er-detail.html

Supporting Vendor
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    619 times
    Quote Originally Posted by EXRZRNOWX3 View Post
    That nose dive issue is frustrating. Love my X3 but since I spent lots of time in the air, my car is in a big risk always.

Saw on Reflex Instagram that they just released something to solve the nose dive issue -> https://www.reflexbe.com/products/vi...er-detail.html
    The nose dive is a simple issue !
    The car is “under sprung”. This means not enough front spring rate to hold up the car. When you get on the brakes, the springs let the nose dive as the weak springs crush down.
    This is part of the reason the front end has a stock sway bar because the spring rates are weak, not enough to hold the car up during hard breaking and turning.

And most all the aftermarket spring kits “still” run the soft front springs in an effort to keep from making the ride harsher.

Most people do not know! Because you don’t know what you don’t know.

Once the car shocks are valved to run the firmer front springs, disconnect the front sway bar, then the owner-driver gets to realize how different and controlled the car become. The front now stays much more steady in all aspects of driving. The front will be fully independent and articulate freely without the handcuffs of the front Swaybar.

I sell spring packages that are customized to give the correct “spring rates” that will more balance the car overall for the drivers usage levels. This is a good starting level. But the correct springs, Coupled With the appropriate shock modifications with give the owner driver another huge level of driving experience.

I send out my own packaged spring kits, or I can send the Eibach, boxed kits out all day with custom spring choices. I pull out and replace some of the springs with the my eibach springs rates needed to fit a car recipe.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MaverickForums.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Desert somewhere between Wickenburg & Surprise Arizona
    Member #
    Liked
    1338 times
    Excellent information. See you soon Ed.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    '18 X3 XRC Turbo R + $$$$$$$$

Supporting Vendor
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    619 times
    Little trip to King Shocks picking up products and planning for the upcoming local Dez and dune season.

King is going to the next level with their UTV shock set ups,
    This new King Shock technology will be Revealed at the coming super sand show and I will be drive testing and tweaking and fine tuning this system very very soon, and sharing real life results with the UTV masses.

Don’t forget to visit the King Shocks booth at the super sand show

“Suspension Guy” Tune days to come soon, as hopefully weather cools down a bit !
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    AZSteele, goflight2 and patt107 like this.

Member #
    Ed I sent you a PM about getting some springs for my set up. Thanks for all the info here! It's a great resource to be able to come back to and read, my questions has usually been covered already. Haha

Supporting Vendor
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    619 times
    King shocks showed off their new on the fly shock adjustment system at the sand show. THis will allow the driver to change shock settings as may be desired for different terrain and or car load changes. This will let the driver have a choice of shock settings to choose from without getting out and twisting adjuster nobs.
    You will have preset button settings that will be saved and also a dial adjuster to play with to find that sweet spot to fit the situation.
    I will have this system soon to test and fine tune the best shock valving recipe that will give the driver the widest range possible for the most popular terrains and driving styles.

This will be available soon for the CanAm x3 models as well as the Polaris XP

Brett King and myself going over the system prop.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Pound Sand; 09-16-2019 at 11:39 AM.
    AZSteele likes this.

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Desert somewhere between Wickenburg & Surprise Arizona
    Member #
    Liked
    1338 times
    Coincidence ST & King both debuted on the fly systems at the same time, doubtful.

Thanks Ed, keep us posted.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    '18 X3 XRC Turbo R + $$$$$$$$

Member #
    Liked
    4050 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Pound Sand View Post
    King shocks showed off their new on the fly shock adjustment system at the sand show. THis will allow the driver to change shock settings as may be desired for different terrain and or car load changes. This will let the driver have a choice of shock settings to choose from without getting out and twisting adjuster nobs.
    You will have preset button settings that will be saved and also a dial adjuster to play with to find that sweet spot to fit the situation.
    I will have this system soon to test and fine tune the best shock valving recipe that will give the driver the widest range possible for the most popular terrains and driving styles.

This will be available soon for the CanAm x3 models as well as the Polaris XP

Brett King and myself going over the system prop.
    Spent some time talking to Brett about the system. Nice set up. Sounded like it will not be available for a little bit longer.

I notice Walker Evans also has a 3 button set up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mega made me get Skats and a tune
    Skats for life now

Thanks for the quote Tim - "Have a unicorny, rainbowey day!"

Member #
    Any recommendation on seting up maverix x3 xrs for glamis?

Sponsored Links