X3 Suspension Set Up, "The Suspension Guy" - Page 101
Can-Am Maverick Forum - Powered by vBulletin

X3 Suspension Set Up, "The Suspension Guy"

This is a discussion on X3 Suspension Set Up, "The Suspension Guy" within the The Suspension Guy forums, part of the Can-am Maverick Supporting Vendors category; Couple more sets of “my” King Shock x3RS set up heading out this week! As more X3 cars hit the dirt and sand, shock work ...

Page 101 of 102 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1019
Like Tree544Likes

Thread: X3 Suspension Set Up, "The Suspension Guy"

Supporting Vendor
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    607 times
    Couple more sets of “my” King Shock x3RS set up heading out this week!
    As more X3 cars hit the dirt and sand, shock work on these cars has definitely been in the rise.

Full shock work and springs to the stock Foxes,
    New Full race King set up! 2.5 and 3.0
    New Walker Evans Velocities 2.5 and I have them in 3.0 rears now!

Fun stuff!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Supporting Vendor
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    607 times
    Did some Dez testing and tuning yesterday and night time with the new Walker evans Velocity 3.0 rears for the x3 in Barstow from SlashX area.
    Well, after tearing them down and adding my tricks, they are working even better than I anticipated for the x3 in the rough dez! And with my velocity 2.5 fronts make the x3 So so much fun!

Supporting Vendor
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    607 times
    Oh, so I got to meet and hang with the DP4 crew as they are setting up a “night” race out of SlashX in the Barstow area Dez next Saturday! What a great group of people that love the Dez, with lots of experience riding and racing. Aimed at the beginner, novice racers with a fun family friendly atmosphere for all! Perfect for the recreational racer that would like to test there skills in a non pressure fun way. Everyone is out to help out eachother.

I will be supporting this race group with a couple certificates for free stock suspension tunes as contingency awards for local racers. Up to $275 value.
    AZSteele likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MaverickForums.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Desert somewhere between Wickenburg & Surprise Arizona
    Member #
    Liked
    1213 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Pound Sand View Post
    Oh, so I got to meet and hang with the DP4 crew as they are setting up a “night” race out of SlashX in the Barstow area Dez next Saturday! What a great group of people that love the Dez, with lots of experience riding and racing. Aimed at the beginner, novice racers with a fun family friendly atmosphere for all! Perfect for the recreational racer that would like to test there skills in a non pressure fun way. Everyone is out to help out eachother.

I will be supporting this race group with a couple certificates for free stock suspension tunes as contingency awards for local racers. Up to $275 value.
    Very cool Ed, generous of you.
    Suspension is next on my list, I'll let you know as soon as I get my head above the flood of debt I encountered the past month or so.
    I'll shoot you a text.
    Keep up the awesome work man.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    '18 X3 XRC Turbo R + $$$$$$$$

Member #
    Liked
    406 times
    Ed, you have a PM

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Pound Sand,
    Well I just made it through all of the 1005 posts...... I don't know if i need an aspirin for the brain strain or if I need a smoke because it was so good! lamo.

Ether way let me first start by saying thank you for all your insight, free help and advice that you have shared along the way with everyone.
    I myself am running a 19 x3 64" base model with the QS3 shocks. I will be headed out to the garage to get the car measured out again to get a "base" set up. Then I will begin the testing and start the notes of everything I feel and how I want the car to be.

I am torn between taking off the front sway bar or running the W.E. or King sway links. I do a lot of trail riding in the mtns dealing with rocks and roots in the trails. I have a heavy right foot so I'm thinking that it would be a good fit for me. testing with and without the sway bar will tell me so.

I know there is some folks here that have x3 base models that haven't had much info for there models but when Im done testing I will share what I have done and what my car is set up with accessories. I know its not your car style or may not even be your driving style but some info is better than none.
    Ed, thanks again and I will be chatting soon.
    boatman22 and l1tech like this.

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Desert somewhere between Wickenburg & Surprise Arizona
    Member #
    Liked
    1213 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rstruff View Post
    Pound Sand,
    Well I just made it through all of the 1005 posts...... I don't know if i need an aspirin for the brain strain or if I need a smoke because it was so good! lamo.

Ether way let me first start by saying thank you for all your insight, free help and advice that you have shared along the way with everyone.
    I myself am running a 19 x3 64" base model with the QS3 shocks. I will be headed out to the garage to get the car measured out again to get a "base" set up. Then I will begin the testing and start the notes of everything I feel and how I want the car to be.

I am torn between taking off the front sway bar or running the W.E. or King sway links. I do a lot of trail riding in the mtns dealing with rocks and roots in the trails. I have a heavy right foot so I'm thinking that it would be a good fit for me. testing with and without the sway bar will tell me so.

I know there is some folks here that have x3 base models that haven't had much info for there models but when Im done testing I will share what I have done and what my car is set up with accessories. I know its not your car style or may not even be your driving style but some info is better than none.
    Ed, thanks again and I will be chatting soon.
    Sending Ed a PM might get you a quicker response. His "regular job" is NOT a 9 to 5 gig, so it still might take him a day or so to respond to a PM, but my communications with him have been excellent.

Good job researching.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    rstruff likes this.
    '18 X3 XRC Turbo R + $$$$$$$$

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Suspension Newb, I read some info here and decided to give the suspension a lift considering I had only 14.5in of ground clearance on my 32s. So i raised the coilovers on the front and back measuring to match both sides and then my inner adjustment 2in down from the coilover. I then set it down rocked it and all that and got a good 17in of clearance. My paddles I just installed are 30s, therefore going to be lower. But when I had adjusted the rear shock coilover (the ring) they were tight all the way against the smaller spring on top as if I couldnt raise the vehicle anymore if I wanted to. Now with only like 15in of ground clearance... Am I missing something or does it sound like springs are in order and Im kinda SOL for just adjusting the OE springs/Shocks. Hope that makes sense I dont have all the technical terms.

pics of ride height on paddles

Member #
    Liked
    3968 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DustinzXRS View Post
    Suspension Newb, I read some info here and decided to give the suspension a lift considering I had only 14.5in of ground clearance on my 32s. So i raised the coilovers on the front and back measuring to match both sides and then my inner adjustment 2in down from the coilover. I then set it down rocked it and all that and got a good 17in of clearance. My paddles I just installed are 30s, therefore going to be lower. But when I had adjusted the rear shock coilover (the ring) they were tight all the way against the smaller spring on top as if I couldnt raise the vehicle anymore if I wanted to. Now with only like 15in of ground clearance... Am I missing something or does it sound like springs are in order and Im kinda SOL for just adjusting the OE springs/Shocks. Hope that makes sense I dont have all the technical terms.

pics of ride height on paddles
    I hope for the dunes you plan of taking that spare tire off. You don't need it.
    Mega made me get Skats and a tune
    Skats for life now

Thanks for the quote Tim - "Have a unicorny, rainbowey day!"

Member #
    Liked
    73 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Pound Sand View Post
    Couple more sets of “my” King Shock x3RS set up heading out this week!
    As more X3 cars hit the dirt and sand, shock work on these cars has definitely been in the rise.

Full shock work and springs to the stock Foxes,
    New Full race King set up! 2.5 and 3.0
    New Walker Evans Velocities 2.5 and I have them in 3.0 rears now!

Fun stuff!
    And they worked awesome.

Sponsored Links