X3 Suspension Set Up, "The Suspension Guy" - Page 100
Can-Am Maverick Forum - Powered by vBulletin

X3 Suspension Set Up, "The Suspension Guy"

This is a discussion on X3 Suspension Set Up, "The Suspension Guy" within the The Suspension Guy forums, part of the Can-am Maverick Supporting Vendors category; Originally Posted by AZSteele Wait a minute Ed, you haven't told me about your stripper poll set up. Ha, told you I'm paying attention to ...

Page 100 of 100 FirstFirst ... 50909899100
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1000
Like Tree516Likes

Thread: X3 Suspension Set Up, "The Suspension Guy"

  1. #991
    Senior Member sand shark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    West Hills, CA
    Posts
    8,012
    Member #
    747
    Liked
    3539 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSteele View Post
    Wait a minute Ed, you haven't told me about your stripper poll set up.
    Ha, told you I'm paying attention to your words of wisdom.
    Another item for the list ...

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Ed’s suspension set ups don’t disappoint. Still amazes me every time I drive me X3.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AZSteele likes this.
    Mega made me get Skats and a tune
    Skats for life now

    Thanks for the quote Tim - "Have a unicorny, rainbowey day!"

  2. #992
    Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    PropDr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Eugene, Oregon
    Posts
    947
    Member #
    35618
    Liked
    392 times
    Dave, I have a nearly new set of blue springs.
    You can have them for free, pickup up in Eugene, plus a $20 donation to the salvation Army.

  3. #993
    Senior Member R.Snape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Mohave Valley, AZ
    Posts
    248
    Member #
    15633
    Liked
    117 times
    You can add me to the list of happy customers.. thanks Ed for squeezing me in.. The car handles amazing, I can finally keep the pedal down and drive over everything. I’m not getting beat up anymore. I’m finding out how fun it is to really slide around a corner with confidence. Very very happy thanks again Ed...

  4. Remove Advertisements
    MaverickForums.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #994
    Supporting Vendor
    Premium Member
    Pound Sand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    North Fontana, CA.
    Posts
    535
    Member #
    19562
    Liked
    585 times
    For anyone local that’s interested!

    I will be in Johnson Valley area, off of Boone Road, KOH area, Means dry lake.
    Friday afternoon through Sunday afternoon suspension tuning and testing.
    May 17,18,19, 2019
    Will have PLENTY of x3 cars available for anyone to come out and find out for reals what it’s all about! Actually riding in or driving these cars will help the owner to have the real experience needed to compare what’s available in the suspension market to make a better decision on what works best for the individual driver.

  6. #995
    Junior Member x3turbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2
    Member #
    52003
    Alot of great info from all here, my question is it worth it to replace the springs only?

  7. #996
    Supporting Vendor
    Premium Member
    BlackMarketUTV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Layton, UT
    Posts
    102
    Member #
    51767
    Liked
    35 times

    X3 Suspension Set Up, "The Suspension Guy"

    I had the same question for a long time! I hated the ride height, the rear bucking and some ride quality aspects and didn’t like adding a bunch of preload to compensate. I finally tried a set of Eibach stage 2 performance springs and it was the BEST thing I have done, other than adding HP because I have a heavily foot .

    With the Eibach spring kits I barely have to put on preload to get a 17” ride height. It comes with new setting for your Fox Shocks to match your rebound, high speed compression and low speed compression to the new spring rates. All WITHOUT having to spend more money on internal shock work.

    The springs aren’t hard to change with a little bit of time and again the BEST thing I have done to improve the ride quality!!

    I would also recommend the Eibach adjustable rear sway bar...also a total game changer!!
    Last edited by BlackMarketUTV; 05-21-2019 at 07:19 AM.


    Made by Enthusiasts for Enthusiasts

  8. #997
    Junior Member skip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    16
    Member #
    51669
    Liked
    1 times
    Trying to cure small washboard harshness at speeds 45-50mph.

    What would you suggest to someone who’s doing their own revalve?
    Any advice for shim stacks and spring combo recipe?
    Car is on 32s with a spare, winch, 40lbs misc cargo.

    It’s too expensive to ship shocks to another country.

  9. #998
    Supporting Vendor
    Premium Member
    Pound Sand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    North Fontana, CA.
    Posts
    535
    Member #
    19562
    Liked
    585 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackMarketUTV View Post
    I had the same question for a long time! I hated the ride height, the rear bucking and some ride quality aspects and didn’t like adding a bunch of preload to compensate. I finally tried a set of Eibach stage 2 performance springs and it was the BEST thing I have done, other than adding HP because I have a heavily foot .

    With the Eibach spring kits I barely have to put on preload to get a 17” ride height. It comes with new setting for your Fox Shocks to match your rebound, high speed compression and low speed compression to the new spring rates. All WITHOUT having to spend more money on internal shock work.

    The springs aren’t hard to change with a little bit of time and again the BEST thing I have done to improve the ride quality!!

    I would also recommend the Eibach adjustable rear sway bar...also a total game changer!!

    This isn’t a cram, just fact!
    just so all can understand! If the feeling above is that just changing the springs made a huge difference ??

    Then drivers have NO IDEA what the car is capable of !! The spring kits are a smaller degree upgrade, but cost more than half the total cost of the springs and revalve job. Setting up springs AND internal work (from the right tuner) makes a difference most owners cannot realize unless it is experienced. The internal shock work means EVERYTHING to the suspension.

    Thats why it’s so important to drive in many cars and compare suspension tunes! Everyone has a different recipe of spring lengths and rates, and any level of minimal to maximum internal changes, and then leaving an owner with Minimal or maximal adjustments for fine tuning!

    Most of My customers are the ones that have done the driving and riding homework and compared car suspension tunes. Then they are able to make choices from this “real time” experience!
    I LOVE these customers!! They call and fully already know what they want !
    Last edited by Pound Sand; 05-30-2019 at 11:56 PM.
    sand shark likes this.

  10. #999
    Member ORDuner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    57
    Member #
    30761
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Pound Sand View Post
    This isn’t a cram, just fact!
    just so all can understand! If the feeling above is that just changing the springs made a huge difference ??

    Then drivers have NO IDEA what the car is capable of !! The spring kits are a smaller degree upgrade, but cost more than half the total cost of the springs and revalve job. Setting up springs AND internal work (from the right tuner) makes a difference most owners cannot realize unless it is experienced. The internal shock work means EVERYTHING to the suspension.

    Thats why it’s so important to drive in many cars and compare suspension tunes! Everyone has a different recipe of spring lengths and rates, and any level of minimal to maximum internal changes, and then leaving an owner with Minimal or maximal adjustments for fine tuning!

    Most of My customers are the ones that have done the driving and riding homework and compared car suspension tunes. Then they are able to make choices from this “real time” experience!
    I LOVE these customers!! They call and fully already know what they want !
    I have an idea of what these cars can do just from reading this forum. But I do not have the luxury of driving and comparing different setups. Should someone like me that may have to explain what he wants with no practical experience not send his shocks out? I do understand having customers that know what they want. It makes your job much easier and less stressful wondering if this is what they really wanted.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #1000
    Supporting Vendor
    Premium Member
    Pound Sand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    North Fontana, CA.
    Posts
    535
    Member #
    19562
    Liked
    585 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ORDuner View Post
    I have an idea of what these cars can do just from reading this forum. But I do not have the luxury of driving and comparing different setups. Should someone like me that may have to explain what he wants with no practical experience not send his shocks out? I do understand having customers that know what they want. It makes your job much easier and less stressful wondering if this is what they really wanted.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What I mean by a customer knowing what they want is, They have made a choice from their comparisons.

    Lets Say you go to a chili cook off? You go around “sampling” all the chili dishes. By doing this, you are comparing the chili recipes to make a “choice” of your favorite.
    If only one chili is sampled, then one cannot compare that one choice sampled with any of the other choices that were not sampled.
    It would be a matter of pure luck that the “one” choice was best or worst choice for the sampler.

    By sampling and comparing as many as possible, the sampler betters their chance of making a choice that best fits their own taste from what is available.

    I understand that not everyone may have the opportunity to drive compare different suspension tunes. It does make the choice more difficult by not being able to sample the choices.

    But think about it this way, if you can’t make that chili cook off? And you would like to make a choice from the participants?
    Then your choice is to talk to people that were able to sample the most recipes! Find the people that you feel “mostly” fit “your” tastes! Talk to them in person, not in the open forums!

    Some owners will play the loyalty card. It’s all fine and good, but if that is the only sample they know? Then it really cannot be a comparison gauge on the other samples available.

    There are a handful of suspension tuners available that can be quite different. But being able to make a choice that closer fits your taste will Get you the most from your money’s spent.

    For the x3 72in cars,
    I offer a full revalve! With only adding 2 new eibach springs. The other 6 can be added later by the owner if and when desired. This “blows away” any spring kit only upgrade. And this deal is about the same price as the full eibach spring kit.

    Will the stock springs begin to sag? Of course they will over time. But by doing the revalve first, you get to enjoy the benefits of the revalve sooner than later. And then the correct rated springs can be added later by the owner at their leisure, and a few small new adjustments to fit the newly added springs, and it’s all good to go.
    Last edited by Pound Sand; 05-31-2019 at 05:57 PM.
    sand shark and Loretano like this.

Page 100 of 100 FirstFirst ... 50909899100

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

can am x3 suspension setup

,

can am x3 suspension upgrade

,

fox shocks maverick x3 settings

,
how to adjust the shocks 2017 can am x3rs
,
maverick x3 coil bind
,

the suspension guy

,
x3 max xrs suspension
,
x3 shock tuning
Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread