Clutch????
Can-Am Maverick Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Clutch????

This is a discussion on Clutch???? within the Maverick R forums, part of the Can-Am Maverick Forums category; On my 17 model Maverick XMR1000, since I bought it used with 800 miles on the clock I'm doing all the maintenance so I know ...

Thread: Clutch????

Member #
    Liked
    14 times

Clutch????

On my 17 model Maverick XMR1000, since I bought it used with 800 miles on the clock I'm doing all the maintenance so I know when everything was done. Fluids all done and now to install a new belt. Checked the videos out so it looks easy. Peeled the cover off and the secondary is not exactly what I expected to see! No nut on the end of the shaft and no threaded hold to put the belt change tool in. So, what have I got here?? Pics attached...
    THANKS!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    2017 Maverick XMR1000 - Can Am Rookie Turning 70 this year. I have to get Older but I don't have to Grow Up!
    Super ATV radius arms and tie rods, Razorback belt temp gauge, Mud Busters, 30" Cryptids on Raceline beadlocks - just getting started!

Member #
    Liked
    212 times
    You need the Adapter that screws into the big hole on the secondary clutch and the bolt to compress the clutch to R&R the belt.....

Oh wait that's on the x3 on yours I believe you need a special 8mm bolt that threads into the secondary
    Last edited by IBjammin; 05-06-2019 at 04:03 PM.
    18 X3 XRS....
    Tube frame monster manx street legal 400hp off road car...
    2010 Jeep Rubicon with dual sport set up...

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    OK, so after a bit of research, I find I need a clutch tensioner tool to remove the belt - anybody know where I can find one??
    Thanks!!!
    LOL - just read your post IBJ - where can I get one. I'm trying to find one on line now.....
    2017 Maverick XMR1000 - Can Am Rookie Turning 70 this year. I have to get Older but I don't have to Grow Up!
    Super ATV radius arms and tie rods, Razorback belt temp gauge, Mud Busters, 30" Cryptids on Raceline beadlocks - just getting started!

4. Remove Advertisements
    MaverickForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    212 times
    I just updated my post all you need is a 8mm bolt not the adapter try amazon rockymountain or super atv ?
    18 X3 XRS....
    Tube frame monster manx street legal 400hp off road car...
    2010 Jeep Rubicon with dual sport set up...

Member #
    Liked
    112 times
    You do need the adapter your secondary is the same as the turbo models all 17&18 og xmr have the same secondary as the turbo and do require the adapter that screws into the secondary and the bolt srews into it if you want a picture of the adapter let me know and I'll take a picture and send it to you

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Thanks Cal16! - looks like the PN is 708200720 which is the same for an X3 Turbo - does that sound right?

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Pulled head from butt in order to see better....
    Another post said the tool was way back in the back of the glove box so.... Had to get out the shop vac as the previous owner LOVED sunflower seeds as the glove box was FULL of them. Seeds gone, low and behold - what was in the back?? The tool!!!!!!!!! New belt on, life is good again.

Member #
    Liked
    112 times
    Glad I could help and glad you got it.. sorry I didn't get back to you sooner and get you those pictures I been working 12 hours a day

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Thnks Cal16 - just when I had learned enough on my old RZR, now I have learned a lot about the Maverick with Forum help from you guys! Hopefully today I will finish up with all the maintenance already done, windshield installed and the light bars installed and wired.
    Ready to go to the Booger Woods in Arkansas next month. My youngest son says he wants to go to the river bottoms and get some mudd!! I don't think his Wolverine can keep up! LOL

Sponsored Links