cab heat in summer?
Can-Am Maverick Forum - Powered by vBulletin

cab heat in summer?

This is a discussion on cab heat in summer? within the Maverick R forums, part of the Can-Am Maverick Forums category; Hello Everyone: Thinking about selling my 2018 Can Am Defender XT-P HD1000 and picking up a new 2018/19 Can Am Maverick 1000R, looking to do ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: cab heat in summer?

Member #
    Liked
    19 times

cab heat in summer?

Hello Everyone:

Thinking about selling my 2018 Can Am Defender XT-P HD1000 and picking up a new 2018/19 Can Am Maverick 1000R, looking to do a little more sport riding.
    My question, does the cab get real hot when riding in summer like a Commander? It will have front and rear windows with roof, also is it a quiet machine.
    My Defender is very quiet and wondered about Maverick and noise.
    Any pros and cons about the Maverick??

Thanks
    kenner

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    My 17 maxx gets really hot have a windshield top and home made doors I have been looking for a way to get more air flow into the cab

Member #
    Liked
    772 times
    The old school og Maverick 1000r has been discontinued and been replaced with the much improved Maverick Trail series. The 1000r was just a warmed over Commander anyways and compared to your Defender the 1000r will be both noisier and twice as hot in the cab. Depending on where you ride I would look at either the X3 or the Maverick Trail Sport.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenner View Post
    Hello Everyone:

Thinking about selling my 2018 Can Am Defender XT-P HD1000 and picking up a new 2018/19 Can Am Maverick 1000R, looking to do a little more sport riding.
    My question, does the cab get real hot when riding in summer like a Commander? It will have front and rear windows with roof, also is it a quiet machine.
    My Defender is very quiet and wondered about Maverick and noise.
    Any pros and cons about the Maverick??

Thanks
    kenner
    2018 X3 XRC
    2017 X3 XDS: Sold..
    2015 OG XDS Turbo: Sold..

4. Remove Advertisements
    MaverickForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    2017 was the last year for the original Maverick 1000R. It had the same hot cab issues as the Commander. About the same sound level as the Commander with a nicer exhaust note - but both are louder than the Defender.
    If you are in Michigan, I'd recommend the new 2018/19 Maverick Sport 1000R. 100hp and 60 inches wide, nice long wheelbase, with a quiet rear engine, no heat issues, and a fair amount of wheel travel and nice Fox Podium Shocks.
    The X3 has a horrible noise issue around 5000 rpm and no fix exists. Trail riding you'd be in and out of this rpm range all day long. Annoying enough to make you mad. Plus the X3 is probably overkill for trails in the Midwest, unless you have mostly wide open trails in your area.

Member #
    Liked
    211 times
    My X3 RSR can get really hot, with a windshield it can become unbearable especially with a helmet.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I have a 17 xmr 1000r. First off the maverick is in no way compared to a commander other than the gauges and steering wheel.
    More travel. More power. Better suspension all good things. But on the other side. It is way louder in the cab all due to exhaust location and type of mufflers
    The heat issue is real. Mine is way better since I covered the inside of every part of the engine cover with DEI firewall and transmission tunnel heat shielding. Dropped the heat a ton. And as far as the noise goes. I put sound proofing behind the seats and on the exhaust side of the inner mud flaps below the rear rack and also cut 3/4 plywood to fit the top of the rack Painted it flat black and covered the bottom with soundproofing. Results are great. Dropped noise level at 4000rpm from 120 decibels in the cab to 101
    All that said. I bought my 17 because I live the old 1000r machines and the extra work to fix the heat and sound problem was something I enjoyed working on. They are great machines. The new defender xmr is also a sweet ride. And may be my next new mud machine.

Member #
    Liked
    104 times
    Actually 2018 was the last year for the og Maverick but to answer the question yes the og Maverick is hot in the cab unless you do things to reduce the heat like heat shielding and is noisey in the cab but that being said all an opinional matter I think the og is one of the best Midwest trail machines that have been made and currently have 2 of them in my garage that have been the most dependible trail machines I have owned and one of them is my 16 year old sons so that says a lot about dependibility to me lol

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Wrap the exhaust and dont cheap out on the wrap. Best bet is to use Heat Shield around the exhaust and on the engine enclosure. Let the heat carry out the back ...

https://www.heatshieldproducts.com/

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Cal16. You are absolutely correct. 2018 was the last year. My mistake. I chose the 17 over the 18 because of the color and tire option. Heat issue is same on both. I agree that heat shielding and just letting the heat go out the back is the best approach
    Short of adding a/c your really not going to keep the cab cool in the summer. But it sure is nice in the winter. Lol. It’s a trade off

Member #
    Liked
    104 times
    I agree 100percent and I did the same thing you did and went with the 17 for the same reasons

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links