cab heat in summer? - Page 2
Can-Am Maverick Forum - Powered by vBulletin

cab heat in summer?

This is a discussion on cab heat in summer? within the Maverick R forums, part of the Can-Am Maverick Forums category; I decided to make some new ventilation for the og mav... here is a picture of the factory one's with the ones I made out ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: cab heat in summer?

Member #
    Liked
    101 times
    I decided to make some new ventilation for the og mav... here is a picture of the factory one's with the ones I made out of aluminum (1/8") and a picture of the new ones on...I did notice a difference on in cab temperature let me know what you all think??
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    DesertTarantula likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    114 times
    I have been told that venting panels (like what ct sells) does more for the heat then anything else. My turbo has never had a heat problem although I did the thermotech anyway. I also don't have a windshield or roof

Member #
    Liked
    101 times
    I didn't notice the heat until I put on a roof , windshield, and rear window... now that I did this it isn't nearly as bad it made a huge difference

4. Remove Advertisements
    MaverickForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I think I am missing something. How do panels behind the headlights with holes help with heat in the cab?
    i am willing to do anything to help with it. Here in Texas when it’s 105 outside with 80% humidity I pretty much have to park my Mav because it’s just tooo hot Thinking of going redneck and mounting a generator on the rear and putting a window unit on the hood.

Member #
    Liked
    101 times
    Behind the headlights?? They are the panels on the inside of the wheel wells and are quite large and the factory one's don't allow air to flow past the engine and also trap heat that your fan pull's off your radiator.. making panels like I did allows air to flow through the engine area and out the back and doesn't trap hot air from your fan .I have noticed not only cooler cab temperature but also noticed that while driving at a faster speed ( more speed more air flow) the engine runs a bar cooler

Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    help us with some pictures.

Member #
    Liked
    101 times
    Bad picture quality but here you go.. the picture on the garage floor is the ones I made in the middle and the factory one's on the outside to show the difference
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Ok my bad. About the behind headlights part. Those are the panels behind the radiator. So they let air out instead of forcing it into the cabin. Is the area behind the radiator open thru the firewall towards the engine? Seems that would have to be an opening for the radiator fan air to get to the engine compartment. Maybe I am thinking wrong and the holes in the panels you made are allowing cooler air in to join with the hot air coming off the radiator so it’s actually a cooler blast blowing across the engine. I am running a fan bypass switch and never have more than three bars even when it’s 100 outside One bar when it’s 60 outside

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    I like it ! and I think it has as much to do with getting airflow around the exhaust as it does with the cooling system. The exhaust is what drives the heat in the cab. Gonna try to drill the factory ones to save a few bucks at first, add that to my ball joint fun this weekend.

update: Just left this comment, then went to google "Can am Maverick vented inner fender" , and of course it lead me right back to the forum and this thread, sweet - this is gonna be my plan.

https://www.maverickforums.net/forum...er-panels.html
    Last edited by DsrtDog; 06-27-2019 at 09:40 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Dsrtdog. Let us know how it all works. Would be nice to get a couple of people’s results. The link is awesome. Those are sweet looking with the painted screen in them. May have to do it just for the coolness. Let alone the cooling factor. Lol
    OU812 likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links