Best place to install winch remote socket?
Can-Am Maverick Forum - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on Best place to install winch remote socket? within the Maverick Accessories forums, part of the Can-Am Maverick Forums category; Hey, I just bought a Can-Am Mav Sport Max. I am going to try to install most accessories myself. Regarding the winch (Warn VRX 45S), ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By DirtDawg
  • 1 Post By Desertdog01

Thread: Best place to install winch remote socket?

Member #

Hey, I just bought a Can-Am Mav Sport Max. I am going to try to install most accessories myself. Regarding the winch (Warn VRX 45S), where would the best place be to install the remote socket? Inside/outside cab. Looks like it's somewhat oval, goes flush with the surface with 2 screws into panel. I've never had a winch before, so I don't know typical operation/application other than I figure I may need to pull my butt out of some mud/water sometime.

Member #
    Liked
    98 times
    The MavS & MavS Max share many chassis config features with MavT like mine, so winch and remote control installation is basically same. Where Can-Am suggests locating the remote plug (shown below in SuperWinch eInstructions similar to Warn) requires a special Hewlett Packard connector pin removal tool to fit the plug flush within the designated hole, so what I (and others) have done instead is to use the slightly larger diameter hole just below that. Installed there, the remote control harness is at proper position adjacent to the main harness mating connector. Store your detached remote control in the dash bin until needed.

SSV KIT - Superwinch TERRA45 - Maverick Trail
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    AZSteele likes this.
    2018 MavT DPS 1000

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    678 times
    Id go with a wireless controller
    AZSteele likes this.
    Life doesent get much better than eating taco’s down at scorpian bay ,baja sur
    2018 x3 xrs/ smart lok,rugged radios,baga design squadron pro’s,onyx6,afx alum. Lower doors,brp door handles, Evo c/d + tune, wet sounds elite 10, aim belt temp, + way too much to list need more $$ not close to being done

4. Remove Advertisements
    MaverickForums.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    902 times
    There's a couple threads on this subject already, including link's for wired & wireless options.
    I bought a wired remote. Hopefully never will need to use it. Wireless would be probably better, but yet another battery operated device you'll have to check before any adventures.

Just my 2 pennies worth...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    '18 X3 XRC Turbo R + $$$$$$$$

Member #
    Thanks, very useful, my Mav Sport Max looks very similar, though I'm not sure about the HP tool...didn't see a need for any tool, I installed it in the smaller hole seen in the diagram. BUT, the Warn wiring harness was about 1" too short to get to the rocker switch where shown in the instructions. So, I removed and mounted in the bigger hole below like you said, I used a couple self-tap screws and got the extra inch. But now that I'm thinking about it, I could have more easily put the rocker switch in the bank of rocker switches (3 are empty) in the middle of the dash, would have been closer and could have left the remote socket and harness in place, just move the rocker switch, would have been much less work. Oh well. Thanks again.

Member #
    Liked
    201 times
    Mine is in the glove box.

Sponsored Links