Herro
Can-Am Maverick Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Herro

This is a discussion on Herro within the Member Introduction forums, part of the MaverickForums.net Members category; Hello, I've been riding at the dunes for the past 7 years on a yfz450r. I recently sold it and am looking at a 4 ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Herro

Member #

Herro

Hello,

I've been riding at the dunes for the past 7 years on a yfz450r. I recently sold it and am looking at a 4 seat can-am maverick. I have a 3 year old that enjoys riding, so the plan is to have her ride with us.

I'm mainly looking for power and reliability (aren't we all?). The majority of the trips will be to the dunes, with the rest camping/trails. With that being said, I was looking at the MAX X DS Turbo RR. Any advice on where to look, what to look for, or even if someone has one for sale that hasn't posted it yet, is appreciated!

Would it be cheaper and close to as effective to buy a different model maverick and tune it instead?
    Not sure on budget yet, but hopefully not the cost of a 2020 price tag

AZ Resident

Just doing some research before pulling the plug on one!

soon to come...
    Last edited by Notar; 10-09-2019 at 01:09 PM.

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    4108 times
    Welcome from Tucson AZ. Where to look depends on where you live. There are better deals in AZ, than in Cali, IMO. X3s are pretty reliable, just like every other manufacturer, they have their weak spots. Lower a arms need a taco kit, or aftermarket chromoly arms, especially if you're in the dunes a lot. Wheel bearings need some grease. Just read up on here what members have done. You still might be able to snag a '19 X3 Max, but you would have to look around. Good luck.
    2017 X3 XRS, 2019 X3 XRS

November 2018 Maverick of the Month
    UTV Inc equipped twice with "EVERYTHING"!

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    3942 times
    Best thread title ever.
    Hollywood X3 likes this.
    2017 X3 XRS

4. Remove Advertisements
    MaverickForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Sorry, I apparently didn't save my first edit. AZ. I've got some reading to do. There seems to be some 2019 options here in Phoenix.

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    1113 times
    Best deal will be on a 19
    Life doesent get much better than eating tacoís down at scorpian bay ,baja sur
    2018 x3 xrs/ smart lok,rugged radios,baga design squadron proís,onyx6,afx alum. Lower doors,brp door handles, Evo c/d + tune, wet sounds elite 10, aim belt temp, + way too much to list need more $$ not close to being done

Member #
    Liked
    21 times

Herro

Can am has discounts running right now I think on 19s. How much depends on model.

Search the forums for any questions. Almost everything from soup to nuts has been covered by someone. And donít be afraid to ask questions if you canít find what youíre after. Good group here. Helped me with my decision.

I came from a rzr xp 1000 and to be honest you couldnít pay me to buy another polaris with the issues Iíve had. Iíve got almost 300 miles on my 3 week old 2020 xrc rr. And itís been a freaking blast. At the same mileage Iíd already had the transmission and driveline out of the rzr. But I digress.

Whatever model you go with, get out there with your family and ride.

EDIT: As others have pointed out the RRs (195hp) released in the 2020 model year.

Hereís a taste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MBX3; 10-09-2019 at 04:27 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    192 times
    The rr is a 2020 model. Are you looking for used ? About any dealership should carry what you are looking for brand new

Member #
    Sorry, didn't realize the RRs were 2020 only. I meant the Rs with the 172hp as well. I was also just dropping in to say hi to everyone and look forward to possible future rides

Administrator
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    970 times
    OK...OP meant that title to stand as posted!.....good stuff!!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by MBX3 View Post
    Can am has discounts running right now I think on 19s. How much depends on model.

Search the forums for any questions. Almost everything from soup to nuts has been covered by someone. And don’t be afraid to ask questions if you can’t find what you’re after. Good group here. Helped me with my decision.

I came from a rzr xp 1000 and to be honest you couldn’t pay me to buy another polaris with the issues I’ve had. I’ve got almost 300 miles on my 3 week old 2020 xrc rr. And it’s been a freaking blast. At the same mileage I’d already had the transmission and driveline out of the rzr. But I digress.

Whatever model you go with, get out there with your family and ride.

EDIT: As others have pointed out the RRs (195hp) released in the 2020 model year.

Here’s a taste.

I keep hearing that about the RZRs. I was going to go with one at first, but it seems that Mavericks suit my style better. I am excited to get them out there. Will probably take it to flagstaff this winter and ill be able to post it up! I keep looking more towards the DS models

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links