19 or 20 xds?
Can-Am Maverick Forum - Powered by vBulletin

19 or 20 xds?

This is a discussion on 19 or 20 xds? within the Member Introduction forums, part of the MaverickForums.net Members category; I have been reading and debating on buying a new toy for about 2 years now. A little background for you.....I ride trails in Ky/Tn ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: 19 or 20 xds?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

19 or 20 xds?

I have been reading and debating on buying a new toy for about 2 years now. A little background for you.....I ride trails in Ky/Tn area and have for years. I started with rail buggies and spent lots of money on them only to see my riding group get out of it and I finally sold mine. I currently have a wolverine rspec and love it however it just doesn't have the wow factor that I still crave. I have looked and been on every forum and came close to buying a yxz because I like yamaha but finally realized it wasn't what I really need. So fast forward 2 months ago I came close to buying a 2019 xds and that's when the 20's was announced and I decided I should get the 20 model. The 20 seems to have some nice upgrades but are they worth 5k? I can get a 19 for 5k less right now. I dont think the 23 hp is that big of a deal and I'm not sure I like the new display over the old style(thoughts on the display?) If I get the 19 I can spend the 5k on wheels,tires,roof, bumper, clutching and possibly shock therapy. So I am asking for opinions on which way to go. Its taken some time to stomach buying a 25k toy and I sure want to get the best bang for my buck. If I get the 20 I will likely get the accessories a little as I go because now I have to stomach 30k! Thanks for the advice.

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    4108 times
    Well, for me, I would get the '20, with the extra horsepower. Just because that would be on your buy list for a '19. Horsepower is always needed. $5K is nothing when it comes to mods for any SXS. The display is cool, IMO, and I like how you can toggle through everything, but that's me. And even though you haven't bought one yet, it's always easier selling a newer model. Good luck in your decision, let the group know.
    bshep604 and canamk like this.
    2017 X3 XRS, 2019 X3 XRS

November 2018 Maverick of the Month
    UTV Inc equipped twice with "EVERYTHING"!

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    I've owned a built YXZ, then 18' X3 XDS Turbo R built up pretty good also, and now 20' X3 XDS Turbo RR. Your choice for the X3 over the YXZ is a good one. I loved my YXZ and the quality was very good, but the suspension and power on the X3 are just plain better, and quality I'd say is about the same. The new RR is an animal in the woods! Its very fast bone stock and similar power to my 18' with EVO stage 3R tune and KWI clutching. If you like to go fast more than 50% of the time I say get the new RR, If not maybe a 19' xds turbo R with Smartlock would be just fine. You can get it up to 200HP for not too much money down the road if you want. Then take the extra $5k and get the accessories you want. As for the gauge cluster, yeah new one is nicer but either one is fine by me. As for suspension my 18' had the CT Raceworx Shock revalve and eibach spring kit installed, it was definitely better for slow speed riding and handled very well for high speed. On the XDS model having all the shock adjustments is very good in my opinion for fast riding once you get the shocked dialed in. So in Summary, like to go fast = 20' RR. Trail riding and adventure = 19' R. Either one you choose you will spend $5k very quickly on accessories, then another, and another......LOL
    canamk likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MaverickForums.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Desert somewhere between Wickenburg & Surprise Arizona
    Member #
    Liked
    1373 times
    Welcome to the forum. Nothing wrong at all with the '19's, but the '20's offer more HP and "improved" Fox shocks.

It's really a question of if you can afford paying top price for a '20 or save at least $5K on a '19 ? Hopefully your paying cash (debt sucks). They both will de-vauluate at the same rate, but we don't buy these toys as an investment. With your past experience you already know you'll be spending additional $$$ "upgrading" either one, making it your own.

All about $$$. I personally can't stand paying MSRP for anything. Just my 2 pennies worth.

Regardless, welcome to the forum, enjoy the buying experience. This forum offers a wealth of experience & information.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    '18 X3 XRC Turbo R + $$$$$$$$

Member #
    Liked
    618 times
    2020 rr runs like crap until it gets warm, like the eary 17 cars did.
    After that it rips.
    Runs lean until about 3/4 throttle, then it kicks in the fuel and turns on.
    Little EVO tune fixes the emission legal programing and picks up another 20 on 91.

Member #
    Liked
    1460 times
    Interesting. Mine was one of the early crappy running on cold starts. Factory update flash fixed it. It was bad.
    X3 XDS.

Member #
    The 2019 XDS is a 64" wide and the 2020 XDS RR is 72". For trails I think the 64" is better. They have the 2020 XDS R which is still 172 HP and 64" but not the same shocks, wheel, or tires.

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gmc19 View Post
    The 2019 XDS is a 64" wide and the 2020 XDS RR is 72". For trails I think the 64" is better. They have the 2020 XDS R which is still 172 HP and 64" but not the same shocks, wheel, or tires.
    Nope. 2020 xds turbo rr is 64” and 195hp. And has better shocks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Well I ordered a 20 model in black. Thanks for all the advice. I will post when I get it and probably ask for more advice. 🤓
    bshep604 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    199 times
    Congrats and I’m sure you’ll really like the power and handling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links