Lift
Can-Am Maverick Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Lift

This is a discussion on Lift within the Member Introduction forums, part of the MaverickForums.net Members category; What are the best options to lift my 2019 maverick trail? Wanting stay with stock wheels already have 27” tail tires. I tried spring lift ...

Thread: Lift

Member #

Lift

What are the best options to lift my 2019 maverick trail? Wanting stay with stock wheels already have 27” tail tires. I tried spring lift just not happy with it.

Member #
    Liked
    106 times
    As is said; "everything in life is compromise"

So then, my own perspectives on the MavT which not everyone will agree...

What are your specific objectives with higher than OEM MavT ground clearance?
    -- Can-Am's design specs to achieve 50" class resulted in compromised suspension components with reduced ground clearance
    -- Going "higher" also means needing to go "wider" with suspension components (a-arms/coilovers) to maintain balance and stability
    -- Consider instead beefing up all underbelly skids (OEM or aftermarket) and leave static ground clearance at or near OEM spec

Background: I bought my MavT Nov 2017 before news of subsequent MavS/MavS Max and MavS XRC variants. MavT specs suited my intended usage then and continues to do so now. I wanted to replace my Yamaha Grizzly with a machine that could go anywhere an ATV could, i.e., tight rocky terrain, without USFS 50" gate/pylon constraints but in greater comfort with steering wheel and gas pedal. MavT does that well, however suffers limited articulation and stability in certain types of off-camber terrain which can put the machine on its side.

To improve articulation and stability, I did a few mods outlined and shown in my mods thread - namely cranking up coilover preload, replacing OEM MavT F/R sway bars with smaller diameter OEM MavS bars and changing to wider tires on OEM spec 12" wheels (9" front / 11.2" rear on 7.5" wide MavS rear wheels, which needs 1" min spacers to avoid suspension/frame member encroachment). I also installed Can-Am's complete set of heavy duty HMWPE skids along with Dragonfire rock sliders for enhanced underbelly protection. Doing all that achieved my specific criteria, however I'm now at roughly 54" wide rear track which for some would defeat compliance to 50" gates.

If clarification needed, MavT a-arm (and coilover) dimensions are shorter than MavS 60" class or MavS XRC 64" class machines. Those models provide greater ground clearance, offset with wider track. Determine how you'll intend to use your MavT machine and choose a wider model if prudent.
    Last edited by DirtDawg; 09-09-2019 at 09:21 PM. Reason: I hate typos
    2018 MavT DPS 1000

Member #
    I'm not wanting to get any wider for sure. Just seeing if there is any options to gain a few inches short of going to 14" wheels. Not sure that would do any good either being after market wheels tend to have wider offset.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MaverickForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Highlifter.com for an aggressive lift but you will be wider

Sponsored Links